coluracetam

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 brucebanner

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:45 AM

Hi,

Since my seller, nootropicsdeposit, doesn't stock this as a sublingual solution I was wondering how one would make this.

I guess the same thing can be done with Noopept?

Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thank you,

#2 FeelsNumbMan

• 80 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:56 AM

Ceretropics has some.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 brucebanner

• Topic Starter
  • 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:54 AM

Yeh, I saw that. I was actually wanting to know how I would make it myself. It's a useful skill to have.

I guess I could save a lot of money doing it this way.

Just search terms would be great.

• like x 1

#4 FeelsNumbMan

• 80 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:03 PM

You could probably ask the owners of Ceretropic. Very nice people and always willing to help out the community.

I have little to no clue about any of these chemical stuff, how they work and all. I'm just a consumer! Not a braindead consumer, as I do do my research before using them but I have little to no knowledge on the MoA and all that.

#5 komoku

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:35 PM

I have a background in pharmaceutics and have taken several courses related to biochemistry.

coluracetam's structure indicates that it would benefit greatly to hydrogen bonding, and the only known solution sold online at the moment utilizes glycerin and propylene glycol to get it into solution.

this makes complete sense as both propylene glycol and glycerol have several OH groups for hydrogen bonding.

In my attempt to create an oral solution, I have been utilizing citric acid/lemon juice, which contains several carboxyl groups and 1 OH group. I created a stock solution several days ago where I dissolved 45mg into 3ml of citric acid and placed this in a re-useable eyedropping bottle I had laying around.

I have been using it to great effect, there is no loss of potency several days after creating it, and the bottle can last me all week (I see better effects from 5mg instead of 10mg per dose), until I create another one.

I suggest you try lemon juice to create liquid doses or possibly buy some glycerin/propylene glycol and create the solution currently being sold online.

• like x 1

#6 brucebanner

• Topic Starter
  • 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

In my attempt to create an oral solution, I have been utilizing citric acid/lemon juice, which contains several carboxyl groups and 1 OH group. I created a stock solution several days ago where I dissolved 45mg into 3ml of citric acid and placed this in a re-useable eyedropping bottle I had laying around.

I have been using it to great effect, there is no loss of potency several days after creating it, and the bottle can last me all week (I see better effects from 5mg instead of 10mg per dose), until I create another one.

I suggest you try lemon juice to create liquid doses or possibly buy some glycerin/propylene glycol and create the solution currently being sold online.

How did you figure out that you need 45mg of Coluracetam per 3ml of Lemon Juice. Is this just plain lemon juice, i.e., can I get this from a supermarket for example?

How are you measuring your lemon juice?

The eyedrops carrier is pretty neat!

#7 komoku

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:33 PM

How did you figure out that you need 45mg of Coluracetam per 3ml of Lemon Juice. Is this just plain lemon juice, i.e., can I get this from a supermarket for example?

How are you measuring your lemon juice?

The eyedrops carrier is pretty neat!

45 is just what I did, you can make any concentration so long as you keep track of how much lemon juice you add so you can label it at the appropriate mg/ml concentration.

also calibrate your dropper by weighing 1 drop and use that with your mg/ml concentration to be accurate for dosing.

I got my lemon juice from the bottles they sell at supermarkets... but i think you can even squeeze lemons if you wanted to, the important ingredient is the citric acid.

as far as what volume of lemon juice to use, I was aiming for a sufficient volume where the solution would flow like a liquid instead of being too thick/viscous from using too little lemon juice, so it was an arbitrary volume that gave me what I was looking for.

coluracetam goes into lemon juice very easily, so you technically can use very small volumes of lemon juice, but when I added a very small amount of lemon juice, it didn't flow very well, so i added more to increase volume and this allowed for easier pouring into the bottle and easier time making "drops" from the eye dropper.

In hindsight, i think 3mL for 45mg might be too much juice, i think next time i'll make it a little more concentrated so that i don't have to use too many drops to get my dose... one downside to lemon juice is it's so salty you get a lot of saliva which makes it hard to keep the volume under the tongue... but i would suggest you keep the solution under your tongue for as long as you can, even up to 10 minutes...

#8 Milkyway

• 132 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:32 AM

Has anyone here taken the Coluracetam as a powder and then tried taking it as a liquid and noticed any difference in effect?

#9 komoku

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:41 AM

Has anyone here taken the Coluracetam as a powder and then tried taking it as a liquid and noticed any difference in effect?

I did. the liquid was definitely "stronger" but i think what really happened is not all of the powder dissolved in my saliva. I think this happens when you add the powder when it's still sticky and it just stays stuck until you forcefully "spread" it across the bottom of the tongue or something similar. I think you can get similar effects so long as you spread out the powder under your tongue in a fine film.

#10 Milkyway

• 132 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2014 - 02:50 AM

For those of you who mixed it into a liquid yourself, could you please explain specifically how to do it?

• like x 1

#11 brucebanner

• Topic Starter
  • 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

I figure I am not allowed to post links to sites selling said products? Here's a rough comparison:

I don't fancy paying ~$45 for 1.2grams of Coluracetam:

~$0.75 per 20mg serving.

2.4 grams for $90

If I buy 5 grams of Coluracetam at $99.99:

~$0.39 per 20mg serving.

Half the amount for roughly the same price. I am surprised people aren't making sublingual solutions themselves considering these costs.

Many thanks,

#12 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2014 - 03:09 PM

I've made it, just use about a 50/50 solution of PG and Vegetable glycerin. Stays pretty well suspended.

#13 brucebanner

• Topic Starter
  • 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

What did you make? Coluracetam?

Did you try making Noopept as well?

Any chance of seeing the end result, say, a pic?

Thanks

#14 Milkyway

• 132 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:38 AM

Please excuse my complete stupidity but I don't understand how to mix it. Once I dilute it how do I know how much I am getting in milligrams once it is converted to a liquid?

#15 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:43 AM

Brucebanner,

I didn't make coluracetam, I just dissolved it into a solution of pg and vegetable glycerin.

Milkyway, say you dissolve 30 milligrams in 30 ml of solution. Then you are getting 1mg for each ml you take. Way easier than weighing it on a scale.

#16 brucebanner

• Topic Starter
  • 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:24 AM

Thanks for the feedback folks.

I made Noopept without a graduated dropper, I've yet to figure how much each dropper contains exactly. I made two versions by just mixing Noopept with 40% Vodka.

20mg per 1ml

10mg per 1ml

It seems to mix quite well, and effects come on very quickly and there's no messing around with having to wait for the powder to dissolve.

I'll try Coluracetam once I have more to play with.

Few more questions:

1. How long does Noopept mixed with 40% Vodka last?
    Same for Coluracetam mixed with pg and vegetable glycerin?
  2. Shall I keep the solution refrigerated?
  3. SearchingForAnswers, why did you not mix it with lemon juice?
  4. I've noticed people who sell a Noopept solution don't use alcohol. Why is this?

This is ideal. Having to measure out the powder is a complete waste of time. I am surprised more people are not taking onto this approach.

#17 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

bump

#18 komoku

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

Thanks for the feedback folks.

I made Noopept without a graduated dropper, I've yet to figure how much each dropper contains exactly. I made two versions by just mixing Noopept with 40% Vodka.

20mg per 1ml

10mg per 1ml

It seems to mix quite well, and effects come on very quickly and there's no messing around with having to wait for the powder to dissolve.

I'll try Coluracetam once I have more to play with.

Few more questions:

1. How long does Noopept mixed with 40% Vodka last?
    Same for Coluracetam mixed with pg and vegetable glycerin?
  3. SearchingForAnswers, why did you not mix it with lemon juice?
  4. I've noticed people who sell a Noopept solution don't use alcohol. Why is this?

This is ideal. Having to measure out the powder is a complete waste of time. I am surprised more people are not taking onto this approach.

1.  ethanol is a good antiseptic so you don't have to worry about it going bad... but it depends on if any of the ingredients break down noopept's structure. i think you can easily make 30 day supplies. as for coluracetam... pg and vg are anhydrous (don't contain water), so that'll last a while as well, i think you can make 30 day supplies with that combination as well. my coluracetam in lemon juice (which contains water but citric acid is also a preservative) was sitting around for 2 weeks and it still worked fine when i finished it suggesting coluracetam's structure doesn't break down in water or organic acids easily.

2. refrigeration will definitely increase the shelf-life of any liquid formulation... but take note that the propylene glycol with glycerin will become more viscous if cold so it might effect drop size and throw off any calibration you might've done.

as a side note, i calibrated my dropper by this method:

1. weigh dropper bottle

2. weigh drug

3. combine liquid with drug, then put in dropper bottle

4. weigh dropper bottle again

5. weigh 1 drop from the dropper bottle

with this, you know weight of drug, weight of drug+liquid, so you know mg/g of solution with some simple math. then divide weight of drug+liquid with weight of 1 drop and you know how many drops are in the entire solution and how many drops you'll need to get to the dose you want.

conversely if you don't have a bottle that's weighable or you want to use exact amounts of liquid, you can still weigh 1 drop from the final solution and doing math will give you how many drops are in the entire solution and thus how many drops you need per dose.

#19 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:06 AM

Does anybody know if propylene glycol and/or glycerol themselves (i.e. before you use them as vehicles for your preparations) have to be refrigerated?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#20 komoku

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:14 PM

Does anybody know if propylene glycol and/or glycerol themselves (i.e. before you use them as vehicles for your preparations) have to be refrigerated?

you don't need to for either.

• Informative x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: coluracetam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users