Discussion of NSI-189 Sources

nsi-189 private group

• Please log in to reply
167 replies to this topic

#31 Betterself

• 41 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

I would like to be a member please.

I just ordered 1g of base and 3g of phosephate yesterday and it should be here tomorro. Obviously did not order from China even though it could have originated there.

#32 taktikz

• 64 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:16 PM

I am interested in joining.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 FW900

• Topic Starter
  • 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:18 PM

heh, one day shy of one year; hope the rules can be relaxed a bit in my case; also was part of vlk's group buy...

Of course. The group is currently pending admin approval still and when it is approved invites should take effect.

#34 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

gosh, i want to join too, but i've been here just since the winter,  don't know if my contribution is all that meaningful; i'm not well-educated in this stuff, but i am engaged in 3 group buys, and have been taking nsi for 3 weeks. i hope i can squeeze in!

#35 burtsl

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

Please add me
  • Disagree x 7

#36 kylehere

• 23 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

I would also like to join, I meet the criteria (I think). Currently trialing 1 gram of phosphate.

• Agree x 1

#37 faultybrain

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:17 PM

Hey all, can I ask why (honest question) people are taking this sublingually? It seems to be the preferred ROI amongst frequenters of Longecity, however in my understanding the Neuralstem clinical trials all used oral administration, with the most effective currently being 40mg BD? I'm not sure why people would deviate from this? Thanks
  • Off-Topic x 2

#38 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

because most people don't like taking a medication to be a chore that occupies the mouth and attention for 15-20 minutes and tastes in some cases AWFUL.

but this compound can be absorbed directly into the bloodstream through the sublingual mucosa, bypasses first-pass hepatic filtration, and hits the brain far faster than oral administration. in many cases, less dosage can be used, which is good for both economical reasons, and puts less stress on the liver and kidneys.

also, because it's cool. : b

• WellResearched x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#39 datrat

• 144 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:57 PM

I'd also like to join the group.

#40 tjcbs

• 155 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 09:33 PM

I'd like to participate as well.

#41 FW900

• Topic Starter
  • 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:16 PM

Update:

I personally contacted the Longecity moderators because there was an error with the hidden group privacy settings. Good thing I did as Neuralstem and non-group-members would likely of had some degree of access. There will be a delay in getting the group up and running fully.

Please keep this in mind and for the mean time, I will not be inviting anyone else until the group privacy issues are resolved. If you post here you must keep in mind that you will not receive an invite until the group is working properly.

To the members who were already invited and are currently in the group: The link to the group forum is broken as the Moderators are currently trying to deal with the group forum privacy setting issue. I will tell you when the group discussion forum is open again.

New Rule for group members: Existing group members, please do not link the group page or anything from the group here. If you do so, you will be removed from the group.

My apologies for the delay, I did not anticipate there being a privacy issue. Either way, rest assure that when the issue is resolved, it will be the safest place to discuss existing NSI-189 sources.

#42 foreseason

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:20 PM

When I follow the invite link I get the error:

IP.Board Message
You do not have permission to view this Page.

Is this the issue you are trying to resolve? Or am I having a seperate problem?

#43 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:34 PM

lemme get an invite when you get a chance. thanks.

#44 FW900

• Topic Starter
  • 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:38 PM

When I follow the invite link I get the error:

IP.Board Message
You do not have permission to view this Page.

Is this the issue you are trying to resolve? Or am I having a seperate problem?

Thanks for posting this, likely unrelated, I'll relay it later to one of the moderators.

#45 Amorphous

• 220 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:17 AM

Please sign me up

#46 Gorthaur

• 139 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:00 AM

Please sign me up.

#47 Rior

• 279 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:13 AM

I'd like to be invited to this group as well. I naturally don't see any reason why I wouldn't be included under the necessary reasons.

#48 sant2060

• 63 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:33 AM

Very interested, sign me up please.

#49 mait

• 256 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:58 AM

Please sign me up as well.

#50 eno

• 20 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:23 AM

I would like to be invited. I am a member since 2010.

Thanks for your efforts!

#51 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:59 AM

I would like to be part of the group too :-D

On the ethics/moral issue of the cease and desist subject:

I see where they are coming from, but there isn't anything to gain by stopping suing people trying to obtain it. Drug trials take years, and a few more years for production, distribution and finally being at the local pharmacy. I appreciate the fact that companies like these are willing to invest millions upon millions on a drug that may not work out, and that intellectual property is an important part of a healthy economy.

However

Neuralstem are not distributing it and we aren't able to buy it, its a no win scenario for both parties. It's not like Neuralstem will get profit if we aren't buying from these other suppliers, in fact allowing free flow of distribution will generate publicity online. Neuralstem can always shut down those websites once they actually have a product out.

If the drug WAS available then I don't see why anyone wouldn't buy it from their local doctor rather than some alien website.

The ball is in the medical industries court, as its simply taking WAY TOO LONG for drugs to reach consumers at affordable prices, the added expenses of having an doctor as a overpriced  drug dealer/gatekeeper DOES NOT HELP. Of course drugs are tied to the legal system, which is what makes the healthcare system entirely screwed up.

I for one try to support the current medical industry as little as possible, why do I need other so called experts, who have ltitle idea what they are doing especially when it comes to brain health, to tell me what I can do or not do with my own body and mind, then charge me exorbitant prices for everything, and plus are mostly unable to be open minded about the off label use of various medications.

All the illegal drugs were legal drugs at some point (opium, meth amphetamine, amphetamine), only a small percentage of people abuse these drugs to their own demise, a huge majority of people DO NOT, but that isn't the real reason of course that the medical industry is the way it is at the moment, medicine is after all is a lucrative market since no value can be placed on another one's life. 

Don't get me wrong, its not a bad industry, far from it, medicine saves and improves lives, unlike finance. Its just economically dysfunctional.

You have to ask yourself, does the profits of the industry go to the inventors? I would guess not. Scientist are getting their pay docked off more than ever. 

In a way you can argue the abuse of the patent system is in fact crippling the power and leverage of the internet. It's understandably an extremely grey area, if a chemist can sell chemicals directly to the consumer, what if the chemist kills the consumer by accident?

I don't think patents nor drug regulation in its current form is the progressive solution.

Think of the potential of a crowdsourced life extension project, with the money spent directly on researchers instead of giants like GSK, all this legality is standing in the way of progress. Its why everything's been so slow when it shouldn't.

Edited by Major Legend, 23 July 2014 - 08:06 AM.

• like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#52 faultybrain

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:35 AM

I realised I posted my earlier comment on the wrong NSI-189 thread, apologies.

Edit: Whilst I've had a reply here however, I'd just like to mention that even if a drug bypasses first-pass metabolism via a certain ROI, this doesn't necessarily equal a more effective dose. I've recently completed a pharmacology degree and I quite vividly remember that a number of drugs rely on first-pass hepatic metabolism (codeine springs to mind) to convert from their dosage (prodrug) form into their active form. Considering the lack of published information on NSI-189 at the moment, despite what can be deduced from the chemical structure, it may be a little early to discount the possibility that NSI-189 may be more effective orally. As it's what Neuralstem have been doing with their trials, I think i'll follow this route personally - which isn't to say this is what everyone else should do - each to their own!

Edited by faultybrain, 23 July 2014 - 09:48 AM.

• Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

#53 neuroatypicow

• 123 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

:)

it could be that sub admin is a waste of time. i don't actually enjoy having to sit still, keep quiet, and try not to salivate for 20 minutes. as you said we just don't know nsi's PD, and i am on enough other meds that in my case, it's probably better to err on the side of caution until i become more experienced wrt any interactions with, or additional metabolic burden caused by, the other (prescribed) meds i'm also taking.

i tried to insufflate a smaller amount, i was reduced to a sneezing snot machine for 10 minutes so that's out. : b

#54 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:50 AM

First of all, thank you to FW900 for the invitation to join the private discussion group. I have two relevant points to make.

1. Firstly, and this is word for word what I wrote to FW900 in a private message, I think it is newer users of the forum who need information on vendors the most, the "private group" of members have these issues largely worked out or can contact other trusted members for advice. With respect to protecting information about the vendors from Neuralstem spies, I can only say that I have been contacted by a few users privately and in each case I have given them information on the details of who the current most reliable and trustworthy vendor is (with the permission of that vendor, of course). If a Neuralstem spy would parade as a new user and ask me where they should get their NSI from, I wouldn't be able to tell them apart from a bona fide user. So the idea of a private group needs some further work.

2. I have submitted some Wuhan HengHeDa NSI-189 for independent analysis, and the laboratory has received my sample and probably has already run the analysis, so I'm waiting for the results. The reason I am saying this is that so anybody who was thinking of doing the same doesn't do so and instead waits for my results. The reason I mention HengHeDa openly is because they've already been mentioned openly many times, and although China is part of the WTO and therefore the TRIPS agreement and the WIPO regime, they are unlikely to be prosecuted because of their location.

Edited by tolerant, 23 July 2014 - 11:52 AM.

• like x 2

#55 SearchingForAnswers

• 213 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

I would like to join.

#56 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:58 PM

I realised I posted my earlier comment on the wrong NSI-189 thread, apologies.

Edit: Whilst I've had a reply here however, I'd just like to mention that even if a drug bypasses first-pass metabolism via a certain ROI, this doesn't necessarily equal a more effective dose. I've recently completed a pharmacology degree and I quite vividly remember that a number of drugs rely on first-pass hepatic metabolism (codeine springs to mind) to convert from their dosage (prodrug) form into their active form. Considering the lack of published information on NSI-189 at the moment, despite what can be deduced from the chemical structure, it may be a little early to discount the possibility that NSI-189 may be more effective orally. As it's what Neuralstem have been doing with their trials, I think i'll follow this route personally - which isn't to say this is what everyone else should do - each to their own!

I think this is an excellent point. Although what I say next doesn't support the idea of value of first-pass metabolism in any way, it does support the idea of value of metabolism in general. I have been researching the anti-depressant effect of ketamine recently, and it turns out that it is metabolised instantly into a whole range of molecules when administered intravenously. Two of these molecules have been identified as (1) being most likely responsible for its anti-depressant effects; (2) being 1,000 times more powerful in this respect than ketamine itself; and (3) not displaying the adverse psychomimetic or analgesic effects of ketamine as an anti-depressant.

Like I have said on these boards numerous times, I don't have a background in science or medicine, but I don't see why this kind of scenario can't be true of first-pass metabolism. With regards to NSI-189, however, we've got quite a substantial amount of anecdotal evidence of people saying that the oral versus sublingual method doesn't seem to make a difference.

#57 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:49 PM

This is strongly relevant to my interests, please invite me when it's all working

#58 idontknow

• 12 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:46 PM

I'd like to join the source discussion and did review vlk's NSI in the NSI-thread.

#59 foreseason

• 176 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

Sign me up!  This is right up my alley!

• Cheerful x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Disagree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 Betterself

• 41 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 10:51 PM

I did receive my 4g NSI today from......and a free sample of I think some other anxiolitic. I have never heard of it so if I give the name it could reveal the supplier so I won't do that openly.

Taking low doses to start with and no problems as of yet. 5m & 10m

If I like it I will want more so hope this private place gets set up and I get an invite.

I hope this supplier doesn't get shut down.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189, private group

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users