Photo

Being on general anesthesia for 50 years

life

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31 adamh

• 1,012 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:27 PM

I've found the answer for you, no drugs required. You could probably even run it at home, set it up to run for say 24 hours, wake for 30 minutes to eat and drink and use the toilet and off you go again.

http://www.newscient...ml#.U7n-s0BXynl

That is actually a very interesting discovery. Its miles from being available in home but this could be the answer to insomnia that many of us have been waiting for. I'm not willing to have electrodes implanted into my brain but if they could set it up from outside somehow, I would buy a unit for sure unless they were grossly expensive. Perhaps a focused beam of the right frequency radio waves or a high intensity magnetic field with the correct modulation, some kind of way.

#32 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:57 AM

How about sleeping pills for 50 years? Take a pill, wake up only to eat, drink and go to the toialet and to take the next pill. Will you intoxicate with the pills? I do not know. Who will proveide you the food? Whoever is he/she will have to pay for it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 ben951

• 111 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

It's true sleeping is like time traveling in the future, specially if you're really tired and have a deep sleep.

When I'm really exhausted it feels like I close my eyes and wake up 8 hours later. 

#34 Florian Xavier

• Topic Starter
  • 242 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 04:12 PM

i realy want 24/24h sedation until 2050

Edited by Florian Xavier, 08 July 2014 - 04:12 PM.

#35 Galaxyshock

• 1,460 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

Twenty twenty twenty four hours to go I wanna be sedated
Nothin' to do and no where to go o oh I wanna be sedated

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#36 holdout

• 37 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:20 PM

Body temperature is a key factor.  You can sleep all you want or be sedated all you want, but a normal body temperature will keep you ageing with normal energy metabolism and use of oxygen.  The only benefit would be the absence of emotional stress/anxiety from everyday life which accelerates the ageing process, and, the plethora of good anti-inflammatory effects that sleep provides, as well as clearance of the glymphatic system in the brain, etc.

Compare with the following: hospitals are now implementing a new procedure whereby the blood of an ER trauma patient (who only has a few minutes to spare) requiring an immediate life-or-death surgical procedure, is being refrigerated to near-freezing and injected back into their aorta, to bring their core body temperature down to around 10 degrees Celsius, so that the surgeon can operate on them for up to 45 minutes while they're in this "suspended animation".  It's going to save many lives.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users