- - - - -

Kidney/Heart Issue

kidney/heart

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alizee

• 59 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:48 AM

A few days ago, I had a weird urine problem, and that was that I drank only 2 normal cups of water and had to use the bathroom urgently like I was going to pass out within 30 minutes, and then after the first time (wasn't much urine, but it would get out of me), I had to go urgently again in less than 10 minutes. This is not a normal event, but I also took extra forskolin that day which I started a week ago.

However, on average I am afraid of drinking more than 2-3 cups of water at a given sitting for the past year because I will have a strong need to urinate within an hour. Anytime I eat carbs, I usually feel exhausted, and when I sit I would feel a carb coma (great sense of sleepiness) when I would be perfectly fine before eating. 

About a month ago, my heart was also aching a lot, but it hasn't ache in a while though. I also starting taking aspirin to take away the issue. I thought I had heart disease for a minute, since it felt like a heart attack.

My diet for the past year has been high protein, since I need more muscles to be in the military. I am physically fit, and excercise pretty well.

The only reason why I am concern about forskolin is because it said it promotes polycystic kidney disease. Although that may not be the issue at all. It has something to do with my bladder, my kidney, and sometimes my heart, carb coma.

--------------------

What do you think?

Edited by Alizee, 04 July 2014 - 04:56 AM.

#2 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 05:06 AM

Get a blood test done checking for eGFR and creatinine (kidney function).  You don't need a doctor (Comprehensive Metabolic Panel w/ eGFR probably best idea).  Consider getting a glucometer to check your glucose levels pre and post meal, to see if it is unusual blood sugar levels making you sleepy.

Frequent urination, the carb-induced sleepiness... could be signs of (pre)diabetes.  It could be kidney function.  It sounds metabolic in nature.  I can't speak to the forskolin and how that may be interacting.  

Make sure the aspiring is low/baby dose (40-80mg).  High dose aspirin is toxic.

High protein diets are almost never a good idea for an otherwise young, healthy person and probably the biggest problem you are facing.  I'm not sure how high protein diet, plus aspirin, plus forskolin burdens your kidney.  It probably shouldn't be an issue for a young healthy person, but in a given population of 1,000 young healthy people, someone is probably going to find it to be too burdensome for whatever reason (genetic predisposition, etc.).

Edited by prophets, 04 July 2014 - 05:17 AM.

• like x 1

#3 Alizee

• Topic Starter
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 04:50 PM

Thanks,

Diabetes does run in my family, but my diet is anti-diabetes (low sugar/less carbs). It is possible that could be it. I rather it be pre-diabetes than heart disease, and more importantly kidney disease (I don't want to be on dialysis). I also think I have an enlarge bladder (past five years I been holding it for extensive amount of time because of work/school).

I eat at least 80-120 grams of protein a day.

----

I am going to go full CRON diet, and stop eating as much protein as I have.  I am also going to avoid drinking as much water during the day, and only drink water at night. I'll see if that help resolves issues. This thing has put things in perspective on how much I should value my health.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:28 PM

Diabetes does run in my family, but my diet is anti-diabetes (low sugar/less carbs). It is possible that could be it. I rather it be pre-diabetes than heart disease, and more importantly kidney disease (I don't want to be on dialysis). I also think I have an enlarge bladder (past five years I been holding it for extensive amount of time because of work/school).

I eat at least 80-120 grams of protein a day.

I am going to go full CRON diet, and stop eating as much protein as I have.  I am also going to avoid drinking as much water during the day, and only drink water at night. I'll see if that help resolves issues. This thing has put things in perspective on how much I should value my health.

Alizee, why are you taking forskolin?  That might be contributing to the need to urinate.  Rather than an enlarged bladder, you might have an inflammation of some sort.  Holding it for a long time isn't a good thing.  I think it's pretty normal for a normally hydrated person to need to urinate in an hour if they drink 2-3 cups of water.  BTW, how big are these cups, anyway?

The pain in your heart was probably GERD, not heart disease.  I take it you are young and reasonably healthy, since you mentioned joining the military.  If you need to build muscle, CRON is a really bad idea.  

I doubt that there is anything wrong with you, but maybe you ought to skip the forskolin for a while (if not permanently), and talk to a doctor about all this just to reassure yourself that everything is ok.

#5 Alizee

• Topic Starter
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:57 AM

Forskolin and artichoke extract to be exact, but I know artichoke extract isn't doing any harm to me. It's for my memory. It works sometimes, but mostly it makes me feel more focus. It's possible the best supplement I ever taken for my memory.

Although it cause me to break out and smell like meat/sausage/salty/sour. And when I take it, I get a distictive smell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users