• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Ciltep (building a stack) am i doing it wrong?

stack ciltep nootropics piracetam brain

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 aphixe

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:39 AM

So i was listening to dave asprey in regards to ciltep and talking to the person that invented it. So i googled the ingredients and am attempting to build it myself. i am aware i could of saved money in the long run by buying bulk online like i always do, but i was very eager to try it out. so i w  ent to a vitamin shop to pick up the ingredients, but some of them i am still a bit puzzled by. I also may have my facts wrong about the whole build.

What i got

Nature's Way Artichoke standardized. 60 caps  6% Caffeoylquinic acids

Take two for 600mb(total of 30 pills) of artichoke extract, comes with milk thistle seed 300mg. <just noticed that this bottle looks to have addition crap, magnesium steareate, cellulose, silca

Cardiovascular Research ltd. Forskolin 60 caps (Coleus forskohlii)

ForsLean®

10% Forskolin  (Coleus forskohlii) 250mg   (not sure what mg i need of this if this is too much or too little)

N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine 50mg

Store brand DL-Phenylalanine 500mg free form 100cap take 1, (Not sure if DL is a bad form.. when I see in stack just L version)

Store brand Vitamin B-6 50mg (pyridoxine HCI)

ALCAR (from healthsupplementwholesalers) 1 gram

Piracetam 1 gram

As far as how i take it, i take it in the morning first thing on empty stomach, with plenty of water and after some coffee (I need more BP coffee tho, but it is pricey)

This is day 3, not sure if it is only time that will tell if i am doing this right. So i need help from anyone that knows the ciltep stack more, that can clarify any miss information.

#2 luminatefocus

• 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:22 AM

What i got Nature's Way Artichoke standardized. 60 caps  6% Caffeoylquinic acids

Take two for 600mb(total of 30 pills) of artichoke extract, comes with milk thistle seed 300mg. <just noticed that this bottle looks to have addition crap, magnesium steareate, cellulose, silca

The standard CILTEP stack is 900mg of Artichoke Extract at 5% Cynarin. I use NOW Foods 450mg caps (x2).

You don't need milk thistle...

Magesium stearate, cellulose, silica are referring to the capsules themselves and the freshness packaging.

Cardiovascular Research ltd. Forskolin 60 caps (Coleus forskohlii) ForsLean® 10% Forskolin  (Coleus forskohlii) 250mg   (not sure what mg i need of this if this is too much or too little)

10% Forskolin means that each cap will be 250mg *.1 = 25mg of Forskolin. This is what I initially started out with but it made me (1) jittery and (2) burn out after a few days.

The standard for CILTEP is 4mg. I take between 4-10mg.

Artichoke Extract and Forskolin are the two essential. As for the L-Tyrosine...

N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine 50mg

Abelard used this in the afternoons before he added ALCAR to the stack. Howevever 50mg is way too little. The NALT I have is 350mg/cap.

Piracetam 1 gram

This it not part of CILTEP, but stacks well with it. I suggest starting with one step at a time though.

As far as how i take it, i take it in the morning first thing on empty stomach, with plenty of water and after some coffee (I need more BP coffee tho, but it is pricey)

This is day 3, not sure if it is only time that will tell if i am doing this right. So i need help from anyone that knows the ciltep stack more, that can clarify any miss information.

I think you may be off. It's important to get the ratios/ingredients right. I've tried with random brands that aren't labelled well and didn't get the same results. You can build it out custom simply ordering from Amazon or you can get a pre-made stack from one of the vendors that sells it.

Hope that helps!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 aphixe

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:01 AM

I am thinking that I will try cutting my forskolin in half and take double artichoke. And I guess could add nalt into the mix but I think I should see how I do on changing my ratios

#4 ZHMike

• 227 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

really quarters for the forskolin would be better, half is likely still too much

#5 aphixe

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

What's the down side of too much of forskolin btw

#6 luminatefocus

• 4 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 09:31 PM

I posted this in another thread:

I found that playing around with the Artichoke/Forskolin ratio was helpful -- too little forskolin and you won't get as much of the deep focus effect, too much and you may notice odd changes in your short term memory, increased heart rate, etc.

You may also feel burned out after a few days.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 aphixe

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:44 PM

I think i feel burned out today haha. Yesterday felt great. But i could also blame it on running out of bulletproof coffee and consuming poor quality

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stack, ciltep, nootropics, piracetam, brain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users