Photo

Turmeric with Meriva (pcholine-bound curcumin) results

curcumin turmeric nootropic

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Limburger

• 31 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

So, given the substantial positive literature out there, I decided to try Source Naturals brand Turmeric with Meriva®.  500mg of curcumin bound to phosphatidylcholine to improve its bioavailability, taken twice daily.

Results: Nothing.

Mind you, I did not try any standardized tests to see if my performance in verbal fluency, recall, or anything else changed. I also didn't bind myself. And I have an idiosyncratic response to pretty much everything. Still, for what it's worth, I noticed no positive or negative changes whatsoever.

#2 kookoo

• 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:50 AM

Thanks for the update

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Limburger

• Topic Starter
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 12:29 AM

No worries.

Addendum: regimen was for 30 days.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#4 ron45

• 207 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:08 AM

I can tell you that turmeric is not well absorbed by us humans. Instead try some Bromelane and ginger w plain old organic turmeric root powder. It shut down number eight pain in both shoulders  in 8 or ten days of 6  00 caps three times a day. NO fancy formulas from Botswanan Gazuko tree shadows  harvested @ 5 p.m. daily. Just turmeric ginger and bromelian Ginger and bromelane one each w/each 6 caps.

That said, there are supposedly expensive formulas from places too far away to investigate that have reduced the curcuminoids to nano particles and you can get a dose by just walking by the bottle in the health food store. But don't tell them that. They will start charging admission. It's jist biddniss!!

Ok only the first part is true. It was maybe two years ago that the first few sentences took place. I still have the same rotator cuff wear and tear just not the inflammation and I take 8 caps a day. 

This does nothing for my tennis elbw. Too much bone and not enough flesh I guess.

Ron

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: curcumin, turmeric, nootropic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users