• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Need help to pay for a inverted microscope and a micromanipulator to try experiments.

funding experiments help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ADVANCESSSS

• 353 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:42 AM

I don't know if I should have posted this elsewhere maybe in outreach for example maybe...

Me and my mom are barely middle class and 300$ is a bit of a hole, 600 like errr....and so the usual price of 2000$ for the one I need is really well scary and probably deadly to our money, and of course a better one could be 3000 or 4000 dollars...I need a inverted microscope with at least 400x and perfably 1000x and a micromanipulator unto to petri dish to do experiments with percision and can try experiments I have in mind...could someone with alot of money pay for it for me or most of the cost? Or even ok rich people each 50 here and here to add up? I just may save us from dying with my thinking and ideas...

Edited by ADVANCE, 08 July 2014 - 07:43 AM.

• Needs references x 1

#2 YOLF

Posted 09 July 2014 - 03:33 AM

This is really more of a grant or fundraiser and should be done through those channels. Some project ideas need more money than we can spare to a particular project and in these cases we do a fundraiser rather than a straight grant. In any case, you'll have to justify it. Keep in mind that you're sening it to Caliban and he'll want to see good grammar and will expect to see some results. As I had said prior. I don't think you're ready and you really need to concentrate on taking those free classes we talked about before your ideas will be within the range of bearing fruit. 

#3 ADVANCESSSS

• Topic Starter
  • 353 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:08 AM

It takes 30 days to get approved even though......I need it now~ If anyone could help pick out the right enough one and cheap one that'd be good for starters too if you know which one that I need with those features. If it could get approved in less than 30 days and ultra fast and just approved that be good....sometimes writing is horiible but the brain is stunning lol, that not important~...Besides Caliban fundraising this somewhat soon I can only think and hope some wealthy ok off people could reply here and give 50 or 100 each or more~ Well pledge to once I find the right microscope with those features~

Well I think I may have already some few good ideas, and can learn more each day, like alot more if go and try and learn alot like you said to try that learning ya~ And so this would be a really good investment I think and for all the time I will have with it~

• Enjoying the show x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 YOLF

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:28 AM

There's a tax deduction involved if people help you through us. Not so the other way around. No one is just going to buy you a microscope without knowing what information you'll be contributing. There are too many other causes with complete proposals. I'm moving this topic. I couldn't recommend at this time that anyone make a donation to you. You're just not being realistic and don't have the knowledge you need to make a difference. This would serve no other purpose besides being a toy for enrichment and we don't know how committed you'd be or if we'd get it back so we could give it to someone else if you lost interest.

#5 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:30 AM

If you don't want to say what your idea is, it's going to be tricky to get people to give to it..  There are alternatives though.  You can pick up a scope like that for $300 at auctions, sometimes even at ebay.  It's not going to be in top shape, but you can fix that if you're willing to study how.  Then, you could learn how a micromanipulator works... find a local hacker space where they can teach you precision manufacturing.  And build one.  This entitled "I should be given money because I'm smart" attitude works for top of the food chain professors...  We average individuals just have to make do with creative boot strapping and hard work.  If you just get started working on your dreams -- however small, just do something, anything counting as visible progress at all -- that's actually a great way of convincing people that you can put their money to good use. 

#6 YOLF

Posted 09 July 2014 - 04:42 AM

Even professors put alot of work into getting people to give them money. When it's easy for them it's because they've shown consistent results and people are eager to repeat past success. The rest of the time, they aren't going to make what they're doing to be so successful known. 

Even if your intelligence is in the top 1%, a college with 10,000 students and professors will have at least 100 people you'll have to compete with. Many of them will be more educated and experienced than you are and a good college will attract more smart people, so there are likely 200 or 300 or more. Intelligence gives you no advantage other than good ideas. The rest you have to work for. You're wasting your time and you'll be old before you know it if you don't help yourself. You'll probably even be dead. Get to work. Get the knowledge you need to tell us what results you'll give us (could take years) and then figure out what you have to do to get those results. Look how much work has gone into these proposals:

http://www.longecity...splant-project/

http://www.longecity...60-mouse-study/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: funding, experiments, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users