- - - - -

B5 mega dosing causing hair loss

hair loss

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ubiyca

• 24 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:42 PM

It has been said, B5 mega dosing (5-10g+) a day really helps acne. There have been a ton of people who have tried this out, and while it does work moderately (reduces oil quite well), for many many people, there is one, VERY noticeable side effect that comes from this reduced acne.. HAIR LOSS.

I am one of those people who have had this happen to me. I took 5-10g for 2-3months in 2012, and I am still experiencing hair loss to this day. Very dry, brittle hair. Hair loss is somewhat patchy, seems concentrated in the middle of the scalp, front (including receding hairline) and even the crown.

The scary thing also, is that many have tried it seems, almost everything to combat this hair loss (which continues years AFTER stopping the B5 mega dosing). Including propecia, rogaine, vitamins, minerals, supplements..etc.

If anyone could "cure" this issue, you would definitely become a "god" overnight, at least to all the people suffering from this affliction. 

With a quick search, you will be able to find tons and tons of posts of people who are affected by this. There is a big thread on acne.org with various people who have had blood tests and whatnot, and nothing seems to be out of the ordinary for the most part. No thyroid issues, no nothing, and keep in mind the hair loss occurs in WOMEN as well as men. 

So, I leave this up to you guys, perhaps we can dig a bit deeper and figure out what the heck is going on.

#2 Primal

• 95 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:35 PM

Specifically you took 5-10g/day of calcium pantothenate ? How are extreme excesses of B5 metabolized? 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hair loss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users