LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

POLL -- Benefits/detriments for NSI-189

nsi-189 poll benefits detriments hippocampus

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Gauging the effects of NSI-189 -- A Poll (126 member(s) have cast votes)

First things first -- Did you benefit from using NSI-189?

1. Yes, it has been life-changing for the better (21 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. Yes, a lot (39 votes [30.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.95%

3. Yes, a little (34 votes [26.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.98%

4. Neutral/no noticeable benefit (21 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

5. No, it was harmful (6 votes [4.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

6. No, it was very harmful (2 votes [1.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.59%

7. No, it has made my life substantially worse (3 votes [2.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.38%

How long did you use NSI-189?

1. Less than 1 week (10 votes [7.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.94%

2. 1 - 2 Weeks (16 votes [12.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.70%

3. 2 - 4 Weeks (28 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

4. 1 - 2 Months (43 votes [34.13%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.13%

5. 2 Months+ (29 votes [23.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.02%

For what reason were you using NSI-189? (Multiple Selections Allowed)

1. Major Depressive Disorder (80 votes [25.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.08%

2. Social Anxiety (35 votes [10.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.97%

3. Generalized Anxiety Disorder (37 votes [11.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.60%

4. Traumatic Brain Injury (12 votes [3.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.76%

5. Substance-abuse related brain injury (25 votes [7.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.84%

6. Poor memory (50 votes [15.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.67%

7. Generalized cognitive enhancement/Nootropic properties (80 votes [25.08%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.08%

Were you ever at any point using ScienceGuy's initial group buy batch of NSI-189?

1. Yes (14 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

2. No (112 votes [88.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 88.89%

Have you used other variations of NSI-189 and found any differences between products?

1. Yes (22 votes [17.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.46%

2. No (104 votes [82.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 82.54%

Would/do you plan on continuing to use NSI-189 if you were 100% certain the product was pure and legitimate?

1. Yes (100 votes [79.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 79.37%

2. No (26 votes [20.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.63%

If NSI-189 is considered to be one of your top/favorite nootropics/substances for mental health benefits, how would you rank it?

1. 1st (45 votes [35.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

2. 2nd (25 votes [19.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.84%

3. 3rd (17 votes [13.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.49%

4. 4th (3 votes [2.38%] - View)

5. 5th (3 votes [2.38%] - View)

6. It is not one of my top five (33 votes [26.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.19%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 stillwater

• 116 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:22 PM

Any thoughts on the MOA for that nerve pain?

I don't have a clue , couldn't even begin to speculate, but I'm curious as well. 

#32 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 11:35 PM

I believe if you have damaged nerves, with the extra stimulation from the NSI-189, you can get pain or other nerve related side effects, its really rare though... Four people with me included from everything I have read.

I do not think that does damage on its own, and in one case (I think was MizTen) reported initial side effects and an improvement as time went by in some old damaged nerves.

My own experience was getting eyelid twitches somewhat connected with NSI-189 dosing, the weird part was that started two months after I started and was getting worst when the dose was wearing off. I connected the eye twitches from nerve overstimulation as I was (mistakenly) sleeping on top of a simple magnetic stimulating unit used to deepen my sleep. 

An overstimulated or damaged nerve can get extra stimulation from NSI-189 giving (more) side-effects, this is from my own experience I described some months ago in the main NSI-189 thread, from MizTen's experience and from the guy that got extra pain on his shoulder on the same spot he had an old accident.

Stillwater, any ideas if there is a similar connection to your leg pain or is completely unrelated with this line of thought?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 stillwater

• 116 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:03 AM

I believe if you have damaged nerves, with the extra stimulation from the NSI-189, you can get pain or other nerve related side effects, its really rare though... Four people with me included from everything I have read.

I do not think that does damage on its own, and in one case (I think was MizTen) reported initial side effects and an improvement as time went by in some old damaged nerves.

My own experience was getting eyelid twitches somewhat connected with NSI-189 dosing, the weird part was that started two months after I started and was getting worst when the dose was wearing off. I connected the eye twitches from nerve overstimulation as I was (mistakenly) sleeping on top of a simple magnetic stimulating unit used to deepen my sleep. 

An overstimulated or damaged nerve can get extra stimulation from NSI-189 giving (more) side-effects, this is from my own experience I described some months ago in the main NSI-189 thread, from MizTen's experience and from the guy that got extra pain on his shoulder on the same spot he had an old accident.

Stillwater, any ideas if there is a similar connection to your leg pain or is completely unrelated with this line of thought?

No unfortunately, I haven't had any past trauma that would cause any connection. The nerve pain I received from the NSI has occurred in both legs and consists of both a pin and needles type feeling as  well as a hot burning sensation which  was at its worst about 3 weeks in,  to the point that it was getting unbearable. After quitting it faded and became a lower grade thing for months after. 

Again I'm not trying dissuade anyone from trialing NSI, as I think it's quite rare. I haven't felt any loss of sensation or had any difficulties moving, so maybe there isn't any damage, over stimulation could be a possibility. I wondered if somehow doing it sublingually instead of oral was a possible explanation, but it wouldn't  really make sense.

#34 Sephrioth

• 29 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:19 AM

When I used NSI-189 for some time I got the impression that my arms and legs were falling asleep at night. This also happened sometimes before, but the frequency and intensity seemed to increase. I don't know for certain though, maybe I was more alert because of the known side-effect of possible peripheral nerve damage. 

Edited by Sephrioth, 01 June 2016 - 07:20 AM.

#35 Babakk

• 40 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 02:38 PM

I had a really bad experience. I started on 10mg but since I didn't feel much after the third day and read that Neuralstems trials involved 40mg X 2. I tried one dose of 40mg freebase sublingually with disastrous results. My BP shot up to 200/101 and heart beat went over hundred. I also had a headache and mild anxiety. Three days later my depression is a lot worse and I still feel anxious, tired and really depressed.

I wrote to some one else who had a similar experience and I found out that were both on testosterone therapy. So, it could be that it is contraindicated with THT. I would also like to add that I found a similar reaction in combining Concerta with THT which is why I stopped taking Concerta as well.

From a variety of good and bad experiences I have read I think there are three fairly common features that are problematic:1) It takes a long time to start working if ever 2) Apparently it makes you feel worse before you feel the positive effects if ever 3) The side effects carry on for a long time even after stopping. 

• unsure x 3

#36 BasicBiO

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:55 PM

I can agree with #2. FWIW, I am also on TRT and have had a largely positive experience. I agree it could be a factor in your side effects as test affects many aspects of neurochemistry..ie upregulating DA.

Also, I have never taken a prescription med for depression prior to my NSI trial. There I wonder if exposure to SSRI's etc has a negative impact on NSI's effectiveness/outcome because it seems that many who've had negative experiences have been on a plethora of meds in the past or concurrently with NSI use.

• like x 1

#37 Monchichi

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:48 PM

I am about 10 days in, 40mg 2x per day. No overt effects thus far.

I additionally take an SSRI, some nootropics, and have chronic neuropathic pain that I take gabapentin for. Barring any negative reaction, I'm going to do a 2 month cycle of NSI. I'll report back.

#38 MJ82

• 11 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:36 AM

For those who experienced positive benefits from NSI-189 - in particular on an emotional level (reversing anhedonia, emotional blunting), did this remain after you stopped the drug? Or do these benefits only last for the duration that one is taking it?

#39 Rorororo

• 306 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 April 2019 - 04:48 AM

There should be a synergism between NSI-189 and polydatin!   Polydatin up regulates mir-200a which in return down regulates pathways which inhibit the pathways of the pro cognition effects of nsi 189!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#40 jacobjerondin

• 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 April 2019 - 06:59 AM

How long do people think it takes to feel NSI-189? I'm on day 8, 40mg/day of the phosphate and don't think I've noticed much yet. And how long do people like to take this stuff? I only have enough for 25 days (1g) but I can get more if necessary.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nsi-189, poll, benefits, detriments, hippocampus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users