neruotransmitter stack replenish dopamine

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 studentlost

• 20 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:10 AM

Hello all,

Here's my history:

Suffered anxiety but no depression in middle school: given Zoloft for 6 years, through high school and halfway through college

Tapered off Zoloft my 4th year into it and stopped it 2 years later.

Experienced over half a year of running on 4 hours of sleep and being constantly racing (I'm guessing a long term dopamine rebound?)

After I stabilized after stopping Zoloft, my dad was diagnosed with cancer: high stress and depression begin.

I start drinking heavily and often to cope: drive goes down and lose motivation and no longer feel like myself; end up realizing how depressed I am.

I am doing CBT and exercising and it helps but I want to do a stack as well.

Currently I am on:  

1g Nordic Natural Fish Oil 2x day

150 mg Jarrow Milk Thistle 4x day

Centrum

30 mg Zinc

4000 IU Vitamin D3 (for the last 3 months at least, before it was 2000 IU. Is this too much? I haven't had a chance to get a test for my levels but I'm a 22 yo Caucasian living in Northern California).

I want to add L-Tyrosine and L-Tryptophan/L-Phenylalanine

I currently have taken 500mg L-Tyrosine the last two days and felt a very impressive difference in my mood and feeling more like myself.

I read some conflict on whether to take Tryptophan vs Phenylalanine. Someone suggested Phenylalanine can cause production of a compound involved in racing thoughts... not sure how valid that is.

How should I balance the stack? Should I do 500mg Tyrosine one day and 500mg Tryptophan the other? Or same day at different times? Do I need to take a break from them or are they safe to maintain for a while? 

Are the other supplements okay? I'm open to all suggestions but would prefer (if possible) to stick to more conventional supplements that have been around longer and that we know more about. Experimental or new nootropics sound very exciting but I don't feel that I am at a place where I want to introduce new variables into my body while I'm trying to stabilize my life.

Thanks for all your help and support!

Best,

-A

Edited by studentlost, 15 July 2014 - 08:10 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: neruotransmitter, stack, replenish, dopamine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users