headache high bloodpressure

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Phoenicis

• 339 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:55 PM

Hi guys,

For the past 4 days I've been getting a terrible stabbing sensation in the front of my skull when I walk around. When this started I was merely aware of the spot on my skull when suddenly moving or bumping into something. For the last 2 days the feeling has changed to a sharp stabbing pain in the same spot but only when walking or moving. It almost feels like something is moving there, it feels totally different than flu headaches. I usually never have headaches...

I went to see my doctor today and she said an MRI would be out of the question, but noted that my blood pressure was unusually high for someone my age (early 20s) and has scheduled a blood test and x-ray.

My diet is vegan and my daily supplement list is:

Uridine 250mg

choline 250mg

Omega 3s 500mg DHA & 250 EPA

b12

5000iu D3

200mg taurine

200mg beta-analine

200mg creatine

150mg acetyl-carnitine

600mg NAC

1-1.5 g Nicotinic Acid

zinc picolinate  30mg

6mg b6

K vitamins 2000mcg

400mg calcium citrate

400mg magnesium citrate

100ug selenium

200mcg iodine

500mg trans-resveratrol

500mg curcumin with biopiperine

Edited by Phoenicis, 16 July 2014 - 05:26 PM.

#2 Phoenicis

• Topic Starter
  • 339 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:23 PM

Anyone think that the high blood pressure could be cause of this recurrent localized stabbing head pain? Hope uridine + choline + dha use didnt give a tumor, I've read that choline levels are unusually high in brain tumors...

Also can't believe I need to get an x-ray before I can have an MRI because of proceedures... X-rays apparently increase brain cancer risk, Im upset that these doctors feel the need to expose me to x-rays when an MRI would be more helpful...

Edited by Phoenicis, 16 July 2014 - 11:32 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

No need to worry.

The x-ray exposure is afaik (!) comparable to a transatlantic flight.

I guess its cheaper to do first a x-ray and then the MRI if it turns out that its needed.

Edit: or a 1 year exposure on the Earth.

Taking too much anti-oxidants i.e. Vitamin E or supposedly something like Dihexa, could increase the cancer risk.

But regarding the Vitamins, it accumulates over the Years.

But I dont know anything about herbal extracts. From my personal view they supposedly should decrease the cancer risk, despite beeing an anti-oxidants.

The reason why I´ve taken a look at this thread is that strong Headaches could be a symptom of a brain hemorrhage.

But not always intense and sometimes there isnt a headache at all.

But I see that You´ve gone allready to a Doc, otherwise I would suggest it.

Therefore its actually a good thing to do this X-ray

Edited by Flex, 23 July 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#4 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:48 PM

It sounds like you have an idiopathic stabbing headache or better known as an ice-pick-headache.

Your diet could be to blame. Do you eat a lot of spinach or peppers? Preserved coconut products? Drink cheap red wine? Anything with sulfites in it is known to trigger ice-pick headaches. http://www.longecity...tive-from-hell/

If it is not from diet: I had the worst ice-pick-headache (worst pain ever)  of my entire life from a tick bite. It lasted for over 7 days without treatment and symptoms quickly went away after starting doxycycline. You might have an infection.

I have never read anything indicating that high blood pressure can cause an ice-pick-headache.

If you are able to call your doctor over the phone and she is able to write prescriptions over the phone ask her for Indometacin. One of the few drugs with efficacy in treating these headaches, very harmless; I do not see a reason why she would not prescribe it.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/10815143

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/20119679

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

Hello to all of you, first of all sorry for my bad english.

I'm constantly switching from a thing to an other to explain my anxiety and more recently a depression that is closely related to anxiety. In fact,to be more accurate, before I was anxious and very agitated, very "alive" feeling that was kind of cool, very hard to live but that was life you know... Now I feel empty, and I really feel well in general some things, and now I feel that the roots of my issue is related to his heavy feeling in my head, it was a moment in the frontal zone. But PERMANENTLY I have this feeling that I could explain like this : when I contract my forehead muscles, you know all your face muscles go a bit up and particularly those near of the ears. Then I feel like in my right ear like a sound like a "clip" I can't be more precise. But in general I'm much more aware of the right part of my head than the left.

And very oftenly my right ear is blocked ? My doctor have checked my nose and he says that my turbines are a bit inflammated.

Finally I feel in general very far from my real me, slow, a bit dizzy, unmotivated etc

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: headache, high, bloodpressure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users