• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Nootropic hybrids, exploring novel compounds...

nootropics oxiracetam modafinil coluracetam nsi-189 new compounds

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AstralBody2.0

• 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:49 PM

So I had the idea of hybridizing nootropic compounds together to form all new compounds, and I came up with a few that looked kind of interesting. For example, the first idea was to combine Coluracetam and Phenylpiracetam to target dopamine and acetylcholine simultaneously to capture the anxiolytic/antidepressant benefits of Coluracetam, while borrowing some of the anti-fatigue, creativity, energy and motivational benefits of Phenylpiracetam, reducing the risk of relapse for those battling mental illness. This soon evolved into a whole portal of ideas and combinations with multiple permutations. I started editing the chemical structures for some of these, until a few of them caught my eye for their uniqueness. For the parent molecules, I used Piracetam, Oxiracetam, Coluracetam, Phenylpiracetam, Modafinil, Unifiram, NSI-189 and a few others. There are also a few original ones that I threw in for good measure. Here they are:

Attached File  Molecule 1.PNG   22.61KB   3 downloadsAttached File  Molecule 3.PNG   11.03KB   3 downloadsAttached File  Molecule 2.PNG   9.45KB   3 downloadsAttached File  Molecule 4.PNG   28.42KB   4 downloads

Attached File  Molecule 6.PNG   24.15KB   4 downloadsAttached File  Molecule 5.PNG   25.83KB   3 downloadsAttached File  new compound.PNG   17.26KB   3 downloadsAttached File  new compound 2.PNG   20.21KB   3 downloads

I'm no wizard at neuropharmacology, so I have a few questions. First, are these feasible, and how much would it cost to get these synthesized? Does anyone have input or advice about these? I know some of these could potentially be dangerous or harmful, but the goal was to maximize benefits and minimize risk. The first one is the Coluracetam-Phenylpiracetam hybrid, (Phenylcoluracetam, if you will, :)) The 6th one is pretty similar, but it bears some resemblance to the DMT molecule. I think it's different enough, though that it wouldn't produce hallucinations. It also might be somewhat of a legal grey-area. The 7th structure is a hybrid of Modafinil and Oxiracetam, (Oxirafinil?) Number 8 has some resemblance of NSI-189 as well as Modafinil and maybe Unifiram. I took care to use compounds with a good ratio of safety and efficacy. I couldn't find information about any of these, they appear to be new compounds as far as I can tell. Would it be a good idea to get these custom made? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• like x 1

#2 agora

• 73 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:27 AM

For one thing, for example in your phenylcolouracetam molecule, how do you know this will retain each parent compound's effect (ie dopamine AND acetylcholine). Do you have enough education do understand what it is about the molecule that gives it its mechanism of action within the body and brain? For all you know, you could have modified the wrong "part" of the molecule so to speak, such that it no longer retains the effect of the parent compund. Besides that, if you are simply trying to combine molecules why not take each seperately? I get it may be a sense of accomplishment, but there is a very low chance that the chemical synthesis of one combined molecule (assuming it would even work) would be cheaper than just taking the two compunds it is based off of simultaneously.

• Good Point x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 AstralBody2.0

• Topic Starter
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:47 AM

Take Nitromemantine for example. It's now being explored as a promising new drug for Alzheimer's. You retain the positive effects of Nitroglycerin and Memantine, while at the same time, increasing efficiency, decreasing potential side effects; and effectively eliminating all tolerance, withdrawal and addiction. Obviously, it's far more complex and mysterious than that, but the principle is the same. I think there are advantages of hybrids that you couldn't capture taking the two compounds alone.

I don't know how they will react in the human brain, just trying to venture a guess. I have no background in Chemistry, I just wanted to share my discovery with the community. :)

• Cheerful x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropics, oxiracetam, modafinil, coluracetam, nsi-189, new, compounds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users