Low Cost, High Results Life Extension Regimen

regimen stack life-extension life extension budget low-cost low cost

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 proatnoob

• Life Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:28 PM

As topic title states, would like to devise a regimen as such, have also posted my current regimen and details....open to any critique, discussion

Details:
Birth Year: 1989

Height: 5'10.5

Weight: 77kg

Current Regimen (unless specified assumed taken daily):

Fish Oil - 2000mg

Resveratrol - 400mg

Astragalus Root - 1000mg every 2 days (initially having mild diuretic effects)

Rutin - 500mg

General Multivitamin - every 2 days

Whey Protein - 30g

c60 (in Oil)

K2

Possibly Adding Soon:

ZMA

Small Amount Creatine Monohydrate

L-Arginine

Edited by proatnoob, 19 August 2014 - 10:46 AM.

• Needs references x 1

#2 Clacksberg

• 138 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

Just my own opinion but i would leave multivits out. Stoped taking those hear along with omega 3 due to the unsure actions these might have. Aim to get it from food -)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 proatnoob

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:58 PM

hmm good point, and if its no beneficial I might phase it out!

I've also been trying to improve my diet ...but its been hard

Edited by proatnoob, 19 July 2014 - 04:58 PM.

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

Just make sure your multi doesn't contain iron and has as little copper as possible.  Aside from those, you're probably better off with a decent multi and typical diets than with the same diet but no multi.  Even if your diet is good, there are some things that you'll need to supplement in order to get optimal amounts, like iodine and K2.

Other things to consider:  Sleep.  Exercise.  Supplements can't compensate for failures in these areas.

• Good Point x 2
  • Agree x 2

#5 Clacksberg

• 138 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

Sorry for the grammatical errors - i always do that!

Yes it's difficult isnt it, especially i found when you try to get it purely from food and keep the calories up aswell.

It was just that oxidation business that put me off omega 3 supps.

And in the multivits things like iron, calcium.

#6 Kevnzworld

• 885 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:10 PM

I would add ubiquinol/ mixed tocopherol E with the fish oil to reduce lipid peroxidation.
Vitamin D 2500 iu
A buffered ascorbate version of vitamin C
  • Disagree x 1

#7 proatnoob

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:49 AM

Cheers for the replies guys :D

This is whats in my multi, any thing to be worried about?

Vitamin A (Beta Carotene, Acetate) 5000 IU 100% Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) 150 mg 250% Vitamin D2 (Ergocalciferol) 400 IU 100% Vitamin E (D-Alpha Tocopherol) 50 IU 167% Vitamin B1 (Thiamine Mononitrate) 12.5 mg 833% Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) 12.5 mg 735% Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) 50 mg 250% Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine HCl) 12.5 mg 625% Folic Acid 400 mcg 100% Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 100 mcg 1666% Biotin 75 mcg 25% Vitamin B5 (D-Calcium Pantothenate) 25 mg 250% Calcium (Carbonate) 100 mg 10% Iodine (Kelp) 150 mcg 100% Magnesium (Oxide) 40 mg 10% Zinc (Oxide) 11 mg 73% Selenium 70 mcg 100% Copper (Gluconate) 200 mcg 10% Manganese (Amino Acid Chelate) 2 mg 100% Chromium (Amino Acid Chelate) 120 mcg 100% Molybdenum (Amino Acid Chelate) 75 mcg 100% Boron (Citrate) 1 mg * Choline (Bitartrate) 15 mg * Inositol 15 mg * Lutein 50 mcg * Citrus Bioflavonoids 10 mg * Apple Pectin 10 mg * Betaine HCl 10 mg *

Seems there is a bit of Calcium

Edited by proatnoob, 20 July 2014 - 04:59 AM.

#8 Dolph

• 512 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:14 AM

What the heck they were thinking, putting 10mg(!!!) of apple pectin in there? lol

I would guesstimate you are paying almost certainly too much for that. Looks like it is designed to look like a fancy mixture, but I can't see much rationale for the dosings. If it's cheap like dirt I wouldn't worry taking it.

#9 proatnoob

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:28 AM

10 bux for 90 caps lol

Edited by proatnoob, 20 July 2014 - 06:29 AM.

#10 Dolph

• 512 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:29 AM

OK, in this case...

#11 proatnoob

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:33 AM

Im only buying stuff @ low cost as title states (most items will be < $35), u have any suggestions regarding a multi or suggest to ditch it entirely.

Edited by proatnoob, 20 July 2014 - 06:48 AM.

#12 Dolph

• 512 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:39 AM

I have no idea about the market in Australia, but as I wrote, I would be OK taking it. Every second day is a good idea. I wouldn't expect any longevity-benefits from it though.
If you have money left and find a cheap source I would add K2 as niner already mentioned and my personal favourite -> (relative) high dose niacin.
Exercise is for free and a diet rich in polyphenols can be realized reasonably cheap. -> WIN

#13 proatnoob

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

I exercise quite regularly and am going to begin some weight training again, sleep is abit of an issue sometimes...i work in IT and study it as well at the moment.

Cheers for the K2 suggestion, I will look it up :D

Edited by proatnoob, 20 July 2014 - 06:57 AM.

#14 deeptrance

• 267 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 11:30 PM

The lowest-cost life-extension regimen that I've read about is caloric restriction --- eating nutrient-dense foods, cutting out empty calories, and eating less overall. The nutrient-dense foods tend to be more expensive than pasta and cereal, but you don't need to eat as much of them in order to satisfy your needs, and some of them are surprisingly cheap depending on where you live. You can also forage for many highly nutritious foods, particularly greens (edible weeds) and berries. 

Other than that, exercise (as noted above) is of paramount importance, although it doesn't have to involve actual exercise but could consist of just staying physically active for a substantial portion of any typical day. New findings suggest that merely getting up and walking around regularly is helpful, and sitting for long periods of time (as I do every day) is hazardous to one's health.

• Good Point x 1
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#15 proatnoob

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:10 AM

The lowest-cost life-extension regimen that I've read about is caloric restriction --- eating nutrient-dense foods, cutting out empty calories, and eating less overall. The nutrient-dense foods tend to be more expensive than pasta and cereal, but you don't need to eat as much of them in order to satisfy your needs, and some of them are surprisingly cheap depending on where you live. You can also forage for many highly nutritious foods, particularly greens (edible weeds) and berries. 

Other than that, exercise (as noted above) is of paramount importance, although it doesn't have to involve actual exercise but could consist of just staying physically active for a substantial portion of any typical day. New findings suggest that merely getting up and walking around regularly is helpful, and sitting for long periods of time (as I do every day) is hazardous to one's health.

Solid Points man, I sit alot too as well...hazards of the IT profession. I had no idea, until recently how many health issues arise from sitting for long periods of time.

I've started to go to the gym again, and well controlling calories is really hard....I have started to increase my protein intake by quite abit, really trying to avoid eating too many carbs, instead eating leaner meats like Kangaroo :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: regimen, stack, life-extension, life extension, budget, low-cost, low cost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users