• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Help me sort out my little supplements empire!

supplements

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bubbles

• 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:37 PM

Some of them I take in rotation, others more occasionally and such. I am curious which combinations should be used with a good synergy; if there is a possibility of having the blood too thinned from the below supplements etc, and what schedule to create...

I'm really more worried about taking too many of them in a single day, as the road to hell is made with good intentions...

Men's One Daily Multivitamin - Mega Food

Balanced B Complex - Mega Food

Korean Red Ginseng - Organika

1000mg Omega 3 + Vit E - Doppel Herz

Lecithin

Tribulus Terrestris

Rhodiola Rosea

L-Tyrosine

5-htp (veery rarely)

Melatonin

Lucetam (an improved form of piracetam)

Bee Pollen

Moringa

Guarana

I'm thinking..  I managed not to become  coffee addict, so I enjoy it when and because I want it, not because I need it, so I'll ditch Guarana, unless for special occasions.

Moringa should be supposed to be a great aid for a daily intake, but now I'm not so sure about breaks or mixtures with others.

Bee Pollen is usually a bunch of aminoazids and other great things, I never knew if it's okay to combine this with other supplements, so I mostly had periods of using it. Pretty good, no back pains.

Lucetam/Piracetam - this one is pretty good for the right times. After a long weed binge, I suppose this should put your mind on track again regarding being focused, but I don't know how to combine it with other supplements as well.

Melatonin is usually used by me when I need a good night sleep or can't fall asleep, but either way, occasionally. No need to combo this.

5htp I use it very rarely when I suspect I may have low serotonin levels. Not so good to be my own doctor with this pill, but I just keep the bottle in its corner.

L-tyrosine - first time was pretty great, after that I can only notice being a bit more clear in the head and a great assist for any activity. Thinking if it could go well with piracetam.

Rhodiola Rosea - this is one of my favorites, greatest enemy of the stress :) Good to take in tiny breaks and medium ones. Like 4-2 days, then cycle after weeks. Good synergy with a lot of them.

Tribulus Terrestris - supposedly to raise somewhat, testosterone levels. Either way, I'm still researching this, but Im joining the gym soon and I know this helps in there, but curious about overall improvements.

Lecithin - well I really don't know why I got this.. since it contains choline, it helps with the intake of piracetam. Also memory..

Omega 3 - this one, I just started taking it few days ago, I can say I feel somewhat more balanced, it was like my body missed something. Curious about further outcomes and possible combinations.

Korean Red Ginseng - started taking it randomly in the past month, always feeling like it rushes water in my brain trying to make me more alert and 'smart'. Strange explanation.. incorrect maybe. Planning to integrate it as well.

And the two other products from MEGA food, it's quite random with them as well.. if I eat well in that day/s, I don't really take them, trying to cycle them anyway.

So, practically I want to feel good, energy, motivation, wake-n-go style. Can anyone recommend me some sort of schedule based on my stack? I will join the gym soon as well, so any other recommendations are welcome, just that keep in mind I don't know how good would it be to take too many herbs and such. Thanks in advance.

#2 pamojja

• 2,840 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:30 PM

So, practically I want to feel good, energy, motivation, wake-n-go style. Can anyone recommend me some sort of schedule based on my stack?

The things you want to remedy is basically feeling bad, low energy and motivation? How old are you? What other health problems could be the cause for your symptoms? Any lab-test you recently took, which could give further indications?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Bubbles

• Topic Starter
  • 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:03 PM

25-26 years old. I have periods, when I work (IT) a lot of time, and I catch that 'flow' and I'm active, literally don't have time to get bored and always doing and overdoing something until I become a burnout. Or more exactly, I am so uplifted and caught in work and stuff, that I feel that I need a mental break, so weed comes in the way and it acts like a general 'catalyst'. And then it takes me a good amount of time to catch that flow again.

Right now, after some long weed use (and it's not necessarily because of weed), I am very unmotivated, I have a ton of things to do, work to resume and so on. However, even if I KNOW how much work to do, I act like a lazy bored kid.

I worry too much sometimes because of general problems (one would say, the good problems someone would want to have), could be about facing fears I don't know. Also, although words like anxiety and depression aren't very popular and used among my parts and circles of people I encounter, I suspect that I am depressed too.

And it looks like a joke, I have these supplements with their individual goal of making me 'better', but since I don't stick for good with something precisely, I feel how I feel and something is not right.

I'm the healthy-supplement-nerd, so I usually break the rule of 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'. Probably now's the time.

I want my motivation back and my well being, but for example I'm afraid of taking too often that l-tyrosine because I heard it may cause extra appearance of any sort of moles on your body and such.. And since weed elevated serotonin levels only for the given period of use, it stops the natural serotonin production for some time after use. So I can say that I'm not that happy obviously anyway.

Aside of the hopes I have on the outcome of this thread, my bets are on going as often as I can on the beach these summer months so I can get my D vitamin levels high, joining the gym and trying to stick with it this time.. and omega 3.. since I just started it.

I really don't know how to get my mojo back. I suspected that I am a bipolar giving the ways I do my activities on the long run, and I have months when I am like a bee, always working, increasing my economies and such, and after that feeling like I gotta take a break and going down down down. Next time I will handle that burnout feeling with something else.. but I'm not a bipolar since I researched more about it and found out that's more seriously than the few bits I was suspecting.

Do to the fact of being so unmotivated and also lazy and bored, and I HATE these 3 'qualities' like literally, whenever I see someone having one of them, I slap them verbally so to remember not acting like me next time (well joking..)

... but what can I do to get back on the track and be in form? And also form a precise schedule on supplementation?

#4 YOLF

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:32 PM

Looks good if you're a woman. If you're a guy ditch the lecithin, it has estrogens in it IIRC and will counter the effect of the Tribulus. Great choice of B-Complex for the actual broccoli derived folate, though it's pretty expensive. Personally, I'd prefer a folate deficient B-Complex and 2 servings of broccoli a day.

If you're going to boost T for working out stay away from pretty much all oils except olive and coconut. 

#5 Bubbles

• Topic Starter
  • 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:03 AM

Looks good if you're a woman. If you're a guy ditch the lecithin, it has estrogens in it IIRC and will counter the effect of the Tribulus. Great choice of B-Complex for the actual broccoli derived folate, though it's pretty expensive. Personally, I'd prefer a folate deficient B-Complex and 2 servings of broccoli a day.

If you're going to boost T for working out stay away from pretty much all oils except olive and coconut. 

Male here..

thanks for the lecithin tribulus tip!

about that b complex.. it's funny in a way.. because i did a food intolerance test, and i should avoid yeast (red marked).. but i don't think it's enough of it in those pills.. or I might be wrong. i ditched the bread.. no more daily break.. extremely rarely from now on.

so you're saying that if i'm going to work out/or to want to boost t, to stop taking omega 3 supplements?

What about Muira Puama? and also colloidal gold,, that raises 20% of your IQ after 1 month of daily use...

Edited by Bubbles, 21 July 2014 - 12:21 AM.

#6 Jun Han

• 37 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:53 AM

25-26 years old. I have periods, when I work (IT) a lot of time, and I catch that 'flow' and I'm active, literally don't have time to get bored and always doing and overdoing something until I become a burnout. Or more exactly, I am so uplifted and caught in work and stuff, that I feel that I need a mental break, so weed comes in the way and it acts like a general 'catalyst'. And then it takes me a good amount of time to catch that flow again.

Hi Bubbles, your ambiguous usage of the words "periods" and "flow" gave me a false impression of menstrual periods. Apologies!

Anyways,

If you're looking to increase your testosterone levels and yet save some money, I suggest ditching Tribulus Terrestris.

Tribulus terrestris has no hormonal effects
The claims made by Tribulus terrestris supplements sellers are unfounded. Physiologists at the Universidade Federal do Parana in Brazil come to this conclusion in an animal study that will be published soon in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology. In experiments that they did, tribulus had no hormonal effects on rats.

Based upon J Ethnopharmacol. 2009 Sept 22 at http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19781624

→ source (external link)

Tribulus components don’t convert to testosterone
Supplements based on the Tribulus terrestris plant do not contain testosterone precursors. Nor do they raise the body’s testosterone production. Doping hunters at the University of Lausanne in Switzerland were convinced of this after doing tests with Tribestan, a Tribulus product.

Based upon Forensic Sci Int. 2008 Jun 10;178(1):e7-10 at http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/18282674

→ source (external link)
The aphrodisiac herb Tribulus terrestris does not influence the androgen production in young men.

In human tests, Tribulus does not raise the testosterone level.

There was no significant difference between Tribulus terrestris supplemented groups and controls in the serum testosterone. All results were within the normal range. The findings in the current study anticipate that Tribulus terrestris steroid saponins possess neither direct nor indirect androgen-increasing properties.

Based upon J Ethnopharmacol. 2005 Oct 3;101(1-3):319-23.

→ source (external link)

The effects of Tribulus terrestris on body composition and exercise performance in resistance-trained males.
If you give weight trainers Tribulus their performance does not improve.
Supplementation with tribulus does not enhance body composition or exercise performance in resistance-trained males.

Based upon Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2000 Jun;10(2):208-15.

→ source (external link)

The effect of five weeks of Tribulus terrestris supplementation on muscle strength and body composition during preseason training in elite rugby league players.
It was concluded that T. terrestris did not produce the large gains in strength or lean muscle mass that many manufacturers claim can be experienced within 5-28 days. Furthermore, T. terrestris did not alter the urinary T/E ratio and would not place an athlete at risk of testing positive based on the World Anti-Doping Agency's urinary T/E ratio limit of 4:1.

Based upon J Strength Cond Res. 2007 May;21(2):348-53.

→ source (external link)

According to biochemists, our body do not secrete any of the enzymes capable for the conversion of furostanol protodioscin in the Tribulus Terrestris supplements into testosterone. I suggest taking other more natural, safer and cheaper approach to stimulate the production of testosterone.

• Informative x 2
  • WellResearched x 1

#7 Jun Han

• 37 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:24 AM

Male here..

about that b complex.. it's funny in a way.. because i did a food intolerance test, and i should avoid yeast (red marked).. but i don't think it's enough of it in those pills.. or I might be wrong. i ditched the bread.. no more daily break.. extremely rarely from now on.

so you're saying that if i'm going to work out/or to want to boost t, to stop taking omega 3 supplements?

What about Muira Puama? and also colloidal gold,, that raises 20% of your IQ after 1 month of daily use...

It is a common conception that one should avoid fats and oils for workout; one of the reasons is the belief that fatty acids in the bloodstream may impair the absorption of amino acids. However, I came across numerous studies on the positive efficacy of fish oil, especially those with high EPA, for the stimulation of muscles and slowing the decline in physical performance, if those are your goals for working out.

The effect of eicosapentaenoic and docosahexaenoic acid on protein synthesis and breakdown in murine C2C12 myotubes.
Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) have been found to stimulate protein synthesis with little information regarding their effects on protein breakdown.
The current study has demonstrated distinct effects of EPA and DHA on protein metabolism with EPA showing a greater ability to result in skeletal muscle protein accretion.

Based upon Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2013 Mar 22;432(4):593-8. doi: 10.1016/j.bbrc.2013.02.041. Epub 2013 Feb 21.

It has been covered by ergo-log at http://www.ergo-log....-building.html:

Fish oil with high EPA stimulates muscle building

Fish oil with high EPA stimulates muscle building Athletes who want to build muscle mass can use not only proteins, creatine and amino acids, but also fish oils to achieve this. The anabolic effect of omega-3 fatty acids has been confirmed, so now molecular scientists at the University of Aberdeen have gone a step further. They are about to publish the results of a study in Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications from which you can deduce which fish oil supplements have the strongest anabolic effect: those containing lots of EPA.

→ source (external link)

Medical study: protein builds more muscle mass with fish oil
Take 5-8 fish-oil caps daily, and you’ll get more muscle out of your protein shakes. This is the message if you read between lines of a 2003 medical study. An international research group gave protein supplements to two hundred people in hospital with cancer of the pancreas. The supplements worked better when N-3 fatty acid EPA was added to them.

Based upon Gut 2003;52:1479-1486 doi:10.1136/gut.52.10.1479 at http://gut.bmj.com/c...0/1479.abstract

"Post hoc dose-response analysis suggests that if taken in sufficient quantity, only the n-3 fatty acid enriched energy and protein dense supplement results in net gain of weight, lean tissue, and improved quality of life."

→ source (external link)

How fish oil can help bodybuilders gain muscle mass
If bodybuilders and other power athletes take a good daily dose of fish fatty acids they are likely to increase their muscle recovery ability. The wily Ergo-log crew came up with this speculation after reading about an animal experiment carried out at the University of Illinois at Chicago.

Based upon Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2005 Jul;289(1):C217-23 at http://ajpcell.physi...289/1/C217.full

Honestly, I read this source and don't quite relate to this animal study.

→ source (external link)

Fish-oil supplementation enhances the effects of strength training in elderly women.
CONCLUSIONS: Strength training increased muscle strength in elderly women. The inclusion of FO supplementation caused greater improvements in muscle strength and functional capacity.

Based upon Am J Clin Nutr. 2012 Feb;95(2):428-36. doi: 10.3945/ajcn.111.021915. Epub 2012 Jan 4.

→ source (external link)

I'd say it is safe and arguably beneficial to take Omega-3 supplements when working out.

Personally, I've taken 6g per day spread across the day and saw no detriment to the progression of my daily gym workout sessions.

• Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#8 YOLF

Posted 22 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

Male here..

FO and KO should be fine. I don't think they are estrous, just neglected to mention them.

Edited by cryonicsculture, 22 July 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#9 William Bell

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

It is a common conception that one should avoid fats and oils for workout; one of the reasons is the belief that fatty acids in the bloodstream may impair the absorption of amino acids. However, I came across numerous studies on the positive efficacy of fish oil, especially those with high EPA, for the stimulation of muscles and slowing the decline in physical performance, if those are your goals for working out.

hey Jun, what's your take on the colloidal gold as asked by OP?

#10 Kirill Losik

• 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 08:34 AM

I want my motivation back and my well being

Phenylpiracetam (phenotropil). Personally for me, Russian version made miracles, ebay version didn't work at all. Some people tell to take a course for 30 days once-twice a year, others like Dave Asprey takes it on the daily bases

Selegiline micro-dosing. 1-2.5 mg taken sublingually (rasagiline is more preferable for long-term)

Ginkgo Biloba, Ginseng, Gotu Kola, Bacopa Monnieri

?Wellbutrin?

?Ritalin? ?(micro-dosing of cocaine)?

What do you think about these options?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 hydrus

• 98 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 10:58 AM

5htp I use it very rarely when I suspect I may have low serotonin levels. Not so good to be my own doctor with this pill, but I just keep the bottle in its corner.[/size]

What's bad about taking 5-htp? If you worry about long term effects try Tryptophan. the precursor. It helps with sleep as well and some wake up refreshed. One needs to take at night because it makes your drowsy,sleepy. Generally it can improve sense of wellbeing and mood not necessarily motivation. Can help with some cases of depression/anxiety.

SAM-e also antidepressant, pro motivation and energy as is EPA, the fatty acid.

Edited by hydrus, 05 November 2017 - 11:19 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supplements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users