- - - - -

Piracetam one year later

piracetam anxiety depression stress

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HailtoB

• 4 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:53 AM

I should have posted this when I first had these issues and will cut straight to my problems...

Piracetam first caused horrible constipation, then eventually, everything went downhill from there. Hemrroids, abdominal pain, emotional problems, social withdrawal, headaches, loss of motivation etc. I don't SPECIFICALLY blame piracetam for any of these... I am currently seeing many doctors to assist with my problems. I am not researched in any of the specifics of how Piracetam works, in which I sincerely apologize.

In short, now I don't have as bad of constipation, but I get these thoughts that are not connected to my feelings at all. Someone earlier made a post similar to this, but I was wondering if I there has been some surefire way to recover from this? Even trying to type this paragraph has left me EXTREMELY stressed out.

Again, I do not specifically blame piracetam, but my lack of endevouring for knowledge and research into supplements. I am going to talk to my psychiatrist about taking lithium carbonate. If anyone has any advice, please feel free to post.

Edited by HailtoB, 22 July 2014 - 12:57 AM.

#2 xerojer

• 8 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:53 AM

Why did you keep taking it?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:15 AM

You took piracetam alone for that year? And without stim use? Aminos like tyrosine? How much piracetam per day?

Short term generic solution:

1) stop any stim use including caffeine, ease slowly off if you've been doing caffeine daily

2) drink water! Your need for water increases with nearly all of these stacks and supplements. It's partially worsened by the fact that many supplements especially the ever-complex herbs, and popular foods, juices and drinks associated with nootroopic stacks, have diuretic effects in varying degrees and most people don't seem to be aware of this. Don't drink 'fluids', drink water.

3) if you compromised your sleep by taking piracetam and/or choline or other things too close to bedtime, or used them to 'make up' for sleep deprivation, or used them to carry you through times you might otherwise be sleeping, that's probably the primary source of your problems. Work on your sleep hygeine anyway just in case.

4) vitamins and minerals. Make especially sure you're getting magnesium and potassium, and these can easily be related to chronic mild dehydration and/or stim use, including caffeine and nicotine which increase your loss of both of those electrolytes. Actually given your GI probs I think getting those electrolytes should be at the top of your list right now, and the easiest things to get. But if you think you have a kidney problem then talk to the doc about potassium first

Edited by Duchykins, 23 July 2014 - 02:20 AM.

#4 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:26 AM

Also if you're having a problem with your thyroid right now then the therapeutic doses of lithium you get from docs is the last thing you need right now. Is one of your docs an endocrinologist? In any case, if your thyroid hasn't been checked then bring it up next time.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 HailtoB

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:27 AM

Gentlemen,

I am taking all of your advice to memory, I hope this works!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, anxiety, depression, stress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users