• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

This might be ancient but...InterLabs?

vintage articles mondo 2000 interlabs mail order vendor r u sirius research-review nootropics smart drugs old school

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AMKR

• 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

I was recently trying to find more information on a Nootropic that's (I guess - since all the InterLabs references, it has recently resurfaced or something - as all the InterLabs stuff I can find on the net is circa 95-98 - I didn't even know Nootropics besides DMAE we're around, way back when.) 

My question is, does InterLabs (from London, I gather from their P.O Box - which I may just send a letter to see if I get anything back like a catalog for novelty) still exists as a mail order company (or any like it?).

I know its a long shot since, searching for a website was futile - and this was 15 years ago. If not does any one know what became of it? They we're selling Adrafinil, Aniracetam (as Ampamet) and a product Ive never heard of before "Amphotericin" (may just have a new name now).

One rather interesting article was by a favorite wacky author of mine "R.U. Sirius" (Ken Goffman) co-founder and original editor-in-chief of "Mondo 2000" magazine from 1989 to 1993. Among many many other credits to his name. Whom was affiliated with the late, great Robert Anton Wilson.

He talks about some highly interesting compounds that have long since been removed from the market/scheduled (although seem highly interesting!) by our draconian FDA/DEA - Like "4-MAR/4-MAX" 4-MethylAminorex (aka "U4Euh" ("Euphoria") and "Ice") and of course recent studies have shown, unlike all the new benzofuran analogs of MDA/MDMA and projects of David E Nichols to create a psychedelic entacteogen/empatheogen - that 4-MAR is in fact non-neurotoxic. I have heard about this substance for ages now, just never knew it was considered to be a Nootropic, rather just thought it was a top notch stimulant.

From what I read on recent studies - 4-Methylaminorex is completely void of Neurotoxic effects on Serotonin or Dopamine receptors/transporters/etc (There is a little debate on the dopamine side of things, but it seems negligible compared to the heavy hitters like Dextromethamphetamine, Dextroamphetamine, 3,4,methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) and 3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA).

This still doesn't make the safety profile 100% (I mean, really - what is...) as after a 'binge' on 4-methylaminorex - hypertensive effects last for quite some time and resulted in some hospitalizations. So if it's even still around in any shape or form, I'd still be wary and careful if you ever come across it.

Really, I just wanted to share some vintage links to articles I found very interesting, and mostly to ask if this "InterLabs" company still existed in any shape or form? Any info would be appreciated.

Infact - it seems like if you knew where to order them, that almost none of the compounds being rediscovered are truly new (other than, you know - newly patented medicine) but rather old. 

Thanks!

-AMKR

P.S. Here are the vintage links I found (old school head have probably read these ages ago, might be fun to look back and compare/contrast the outlook back then, to outcomes now, in a scientific manor)

1. Cognition-Enhancement Drugs: This text has been excerpted from MEGABRAIN REPORT: THE

PSYCHOTECHNOLOGY NEWSLETTER.

http://www.flashdance.cx/txt/Droger/NOO-LL.TXT 

2. 1991 Mondo Magazine Smart Drugs Article:

http://www.acceler8o...roject-entry-5/

(seems like they may have all the articles from Mondo 2000 archived there if people are interested)

3. 1995 Article "The Users Guide to Smart Drugs" - lol what are Smart Drinks? Was this what an "Energy Drink" was called back in the early to mid 90s?

http://mg.co.za/arti...-to-smart-drugs

P.P.S - Hope this isn't all old hat, and atleast interesting - I was going to post this in the main forum but since my real question was about the vendor "Interlabs" from London - I figured by best bet was to post it up here, if the moderators/administrators don't feel it belongs here - feel free to move it by all means :-).

Sure its outdated/older information but I think much can be learned by comparing and contrasting the current state of Nootropics and Smart Drugs and it's historical context; the preposed outcomes by Doctors at the time (whom, seem to be largely skeptical - yet most of these compounds have been proven to be much much more than "Snake Oil") and the actuality of the Nootropics in todays culture.

I'm sure some we're a crapshoot, and perhaps even had adverse effects (which are to be learned from), it would seem to be now that although we stay on the cutting edge with newer and newer compounds developed all the time - that this field of research is anything but in its infancy - so going back and reviewing older literature will invariably help us learn from past mistakes and create even better Nootropics than we have today as research and peer reviews continue.

I bet there are plenty of compounds waiting to be rediscovered in older literature, and plenty of things to be tinkered with in the research chemistry department.

Edited by AMKR, 22 July 2014 - 04:14 PM.

• like x 1

#2 bitrat

• 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:00 AM

You missed nothing special - methylaminorex was similar enough to other amphetamine analogs to have the same side effects with nothing really new to add, There's dozens of similar compounds available online these days, and many of them are quite addicting as well as possibly leading to toxic psychosis even easier than the parent compound(s).....(eg MDPVP)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vintage articles, mondo 2000, interlabs, mail order vendor, r u sirius, research-review, nootropics, smart drugs, old school

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users