• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Building a study stack -- Is Piracetam necessary?

nootropics concentration focus

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xerojer

• 8 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:01 AM

Again, really looking for concentration, focus, attention span, cognitive fluidity, etc 

Here is what I have come up with so far,

Natural:

-Fish Oil
-Bacopa
-Lionsmane

Pharma:

-Oxiracetam

-Aniracetam

-Phenylpiracetam (Taken daily or as needed?) (Or should I go with Pramiracetam)?

-Modafinil (Taken daily or as needed?) (This one is kind of tricky because I actually take medication to go to sleep at night, so a narcolepsy medication is not intuitive. However, perhaps taking it upon waking will aid focus and not hinder my sleep too much))

-Sulbutiamine (Should this be taken WITH or instead of L-Theanine?)

-Pyritinol

-CDP Choline (How much daily?)

-Picamilon (Picamilon may interact with benzodiazepines. I do have a prescription for Klonopin which I take very seldomly for anxiety relief)

**Does Noopept fit in here somewhere?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Any opinions, dosage amounts, directions for what to take everyday vs. special days, redundancies in my list
All of that is beneficial

One final question I have: am I inclined to include Piracetam in my stack? If it is just a weaker version of the other racetams, should it still be included? I have been on Piracetam for about 2 weeks (I know short time frame) and have noticed little effect. 

Thanks everyone.

• Agree x 1

#2 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:22 PM

Switch out the Phenylpiracetam for the Pramiracetam. Pramiracetam has been shown to help improve both short and long term memory, as well as having lasting effects even once the dosing has been halted. Personally I would recommend adding the Piracetam as well, while its effects are hard to notice it does have the benefit of improving the connectivity and transmission of information through the stimulation of the Corpus Callosum.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#3 xerojer

• Topic Starter
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:30 PM

Thanks again, Sanguine. Yes, I have not been sure whether to go with Phenyl or Pramira, so your insight on that is appreciated. Is Pramiracetam something that is best used daily or only as needed (is the answer to that question based soley on price of the Pramiracetam, or is it just best not to subject your brain to it constantly?) 

Also, if I am going to keep Piracetam in my stack, 4 racetams seems excessive. Which would you recommend removing? 

#4 Sanguine_Rogue

• 392 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:44 PM

Pramiracetam can be used daily, I believe I may have seen someone a while back suggest cycling it but I have never had to do so. Most often the reason for cycling is because some of the nootropics have had users claim something of a tolerance build, as I mentioned Pramiracetam I've only seen mentioned this way once. If you remove any of them the Oxiracetam might be the best bet, due to it also having some mechanisms of action in regards to the AMPA receptors (Aniracetam and Pramiracetam both do as well).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Rent this spot in Nootropics Topics to support Longecity (this will replace the google ad).

#5 nelly33

• 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 05:31 AM

I agree with rogue

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropics, concentration, focus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users