Niagen Nicotinamide Riboside LONGECITY Group Buy

niagen nicotinamide niacin group buy hpn

• Please log in to reply
447 replies to this topic

#391 Journey2016

• 86 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:00 AM

HPN have told me that the group buy deal is now off due to the forum being inactive

#392 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:32 AM

Is it not working? The links come up fine but I wasn't ready to order since I still have more.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#393 HHM

• 25 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:16 PM

It still works! I just placed an order and have received their confirmation mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • like x 1
  • Agree x 1

#394 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:45 PM

Alivebynature has increased price to $320 for one year supply.
Our deal is the best now.

#395 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 05:42 PM

HPN potentially selling Chinese Knock off Niagen similar to Elysium.
Look at the pictures and decide yourself. Previously bought pills clearly show brown powders while new pill is uniform off white color.

Attached Files

#396 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 08:52 PM

I was told by HPN that the color changes originated from ChromaDex. They will get someone from ChromaDex on Monday to explain why the color has changed.

#397 Michael

• Advisor, Moderator
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 04:23 PM

This isn't new ... people have worried about differing colors between vendors and amongst different batches of the same vendors' products several times before. As the Niagen GRAS document states, Niagen can vary from white/off white to light brown.

#398 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:49 PM

The HPN discount has been perpetual for awhile now, incase no one was paying attention. I just checked the links and they are still active. Discounts are basically quantity related, so the price of entry can be steep for some.

Longecity Member's Special - 180ct N® - 3 BOTTLES - $218.97

$3.23 per gram
($72.99 per bottle)

Longecity Member's Special - 180ct N® - 6 BOTTLES - $409.99
$3.04 per gram
($68.33 per bottle)

So pass this on to other members if you want to keep these deals going.

Edited by Bryan_S, 06 January 2018 - 04:51 PM.

• like x 2

#399 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:52 PM

I tried one of the deals outlined by Bryan_S earlier & it still works!

Thanks again to HPN. They've been a fantastic source for nicotinamide riboside & continue to offer competitive prices via Longecity.

#400 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:32 AM

Great!

#401 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:22 PM

Still works... just ordered 6 bottles

#402 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:41 AM

Do we have to have a code?

All I'm getting from the link to their site is 

N® 180 - (Six) Bottles of NAD+ Booster • 250mg
Special Promotion For Longecity Members $499.95 $499.95

Thank you!

#403 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 February 2018 - 05:49 AM

Also, forgot to add, in the Amazon ad I saw Magnesium Sterate listed as added ingredient, I called alivebynature and asked if that was still used and they said they pulled that out and all new product ordered did not have it, and my bottles do not have that listed as added ingredients, only rice flour and gelatin capsule.

Please help stop the nonsense about magnesium stearate.

Magnesium Stearate is THE reference standard for flow agents.

The nonsense against is is easy to disperse. Please read the link.

http://www.michaelmo...iumStearate.pdf

• Disagree x 2

#404 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:52 PM

Mikey this is the HPN longecity group buy and not the place to start a discussion on magnesium stearate.

• like x 1

#405 mikey

• 987 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:41 AM

Mikey this is the HPN longecity group buy and not the place to start a discussion on magnesium stearate.

Picky, picky! But someone must respond when nonsense is being passed around as if it was fact.

Alright. I apologize. I am human.

I have a hard time holding back and being "polite" when gross misunderstandings of simple nutritional biochemistry are being passed around like Trump quotes.

Thank you for your patience.

#406 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 February 2018 - 10:00 PM

Do we have to have a code?

All I'm getting from the link to their site is

N® 180 - (Six) Bottles of NAD+ Booster • 250mg
Special Promotion For Longecity Members $499.95 $499.95

Thank you!

Agree... Just tried to add to my stock but links are no longer working... Darn! At least I'm set for awhile. Looks like too many folk deserted this thread trying to save nickels...

Bryan, if u wanna try and rally users to return I'm now able to jump in, financially, whenever u gather the needed critical mass... Been away for the past year caring for my 90+ yr old mom... She's passed and I'm now more financially secure

Edited by Vastmandana, 17 February 2018 - 10:30 PM.

#407 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 17 February 2018 - 11:19 PM

Time to move on to Tru Niagen. $30 per month if you buy 12 bottles on amazon.
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Good Point x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#408 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 03:25 PM

Agree... Just tried to add to my stock but links are no longer working... Darn! At least I'm set for awhile. Looks like too many folk deserted this thread trying to save nickels...

Bryan, if u wanna try and rally users to return I'm now able to jump in, financially, whenever u gather the needed critical mass... Been away for the past year caring for my 90+ yr old mom... She's passed and I'm now more financially secure

It's working, try again. Good to see ya back and about!

#409 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 04:02 PM

The link is working. But price has increased to $499

#410 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2018 - 08:40 PM

deleted

Edited by Vastmandana, 18 February 2018 - 08:48 PM.

#411 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:13 PM

That sucks! However it's still $200 cheaper a year for me than your recommendation.

Bryan, can u check to see if we get more active again can we get the bigger discount again? I'd be curious if the price increase is due to OUR inactivity or Chromadex price increases.

Happy to be back!

#412 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 18 February 2018 - 11:30 PM

That sucks! However it's still $200 cheaper a year for me than your recommendation.

Bryan, can u check to see if we get more active again can we get the bigger discount again? I'd be curious if the price increase is due to OUR inactivity or Chromadex price increases.

Happy to be back!

I'm out of town but will check into this when I get home. I ran the numbers and its better than retail but not as good as it once was.

• like x 2

#413 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2018 - 06:46 AM

Thanks, Bryan... u da man!
I'll even up my purchases for the old discount... sock a year's worth away!  This old bod has truly loved the addition of 1g/day to it's longegevity regimine

At worst, maybe the can add another tier for us mega 1g/day users?  I can do 12 bottles at a time if needed... who needs a vacation or a new piece of other crap??? Quality of life is way more important as I have loads of climate work to get done.... Under the old price we saved another couple hundred bucks!emoji_u1f438.pngemoji_u1f438.png

Thanks for all you do.  Really appreciate all the effort you've put into this entire new realm... 

• Cheerful x 1

#414 Thell

• 61 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 February 2018 - 04:06 PM

Wow! An increase of 20%+ ?!? Bryan; let them know that is 'Totally not cool'! We haven't stayed dedicated and loyal to have this happen. Here's to hoping its an oversight and being glad to have made it in just under the wire with my January order.

PS - If we need to go back to manually entering a coupon code so that they know it is __this__ community Group Buy supporting some specific percentage of their Niagen business then I'm down for that.

Edited by Thell, 19 February 2018 - 04:07 PM.

#415 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:47 PM

Wow! An increase of 20%+ ?!? Bryan; let them know that is 'Totally not cool'! We haven't stayed dedicated and loyal to have this happen. Here's to hoping its an oversight and being glad to have made it in just under the wire with my January order.

PS - If we need to go back to manually entering a coupon code so that they know it is __this__ community Group Buy supporting some specific percentage of their Niagen business then I'm down for that.

Even this price may not last long. ChromaDex will not continue selling Niagen powders with minimum markup. In order for their new business model to succeed, they need to cutoff supply to HPN and others.

#416 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:23 PM

Even this price may not last long. ChromaDex will not continue selling Niagen powders with minimum markup. In order for their new business model to succeed, they need to cutoff supply to HPN and others.

You mean their business model of eliminating retailers willing to accept somewhat thinner margins?  Indeed they have to cut off supply to those retailers for that model to succeed. 

I hope to god that we see a plethora of new synthesis routes for NR that effectively renders this nonsense moot, including lower cost synthesis routes for NMN. 

Edited by Daniel Cooper, 19 February 2018 - 10:25 PM.

• Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#417 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:31 PM

You mean their business model of eliminating retailers willing to accept somewhat thinner margins? Indeed they have to cut off supply to those retailers for that model to succeed.

I hope to god that we see a plethora of new synthesis routes for NR that effectively renders this nonsense moot, including lower cost synthesis routes for NMN.

They need to produce earnings and returns for shareholders. You can’t build a company with the low margins they charge retailers. Cornnell university already invented an organic method of NR and NMN synthesis. I am sure they are already working on it.
  • Good Point x 1

#418 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:55 PM

You mean their business model of eliminating retailers willing to accept somewhat thinner margins? Indeed they have to cut off supply to those retailers for that model to succeed.

They need to produce earnings and returns for shareholders. You can’t build a company with the low margins they charge retailers. Cornnell university already invented an organic method of NR and NMN synthesis. I am sure they are already working on it.

I fully expect them to produce a profit and returns for shareholders.  But, the question is, how do you optimize profits in the long term?

It has been my experience in businesses in the past that attempting to create artificial scarcity almost always turns around and bites you in the end.  What you end up doing is inviting competition that otherwise might have stayed on the sideline into your market. 

There's an old saying in the stock market.  Perhaps you've heard it ..... "Bears make money, Bulls make money, Pigs get slaughtered".  It applies in other types of markets as well.

• Agree x 2

#419 MikeDC

• 1,570 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:10 AM

I fully expect them to produce a profit and returns for shareholders. But, the question is, how do you optimize profits in the long term?

It has been my experience in businesses in the past that attempting to create artificial scarcity almost always turns around and bites you in the end. What you end up doing is inviting competition that otherwise might have stayed on the sideline into your market.

There's an old saying in the stock market. Perhaps you've heard it ..... "Bears make money, Bulls make money, Pigs get slaughtered". It applies in other types of markets as well.

I don’t think ChromaDex is greedy. Selling Niagen at $30 range now is quite resonance. Eventually it will drop below $30 if you buy multi bottles. People are under estimating the benefit of NR. It is the most significant discovery in anti aging since human existed. It is worth a lot more than the price they are selling. How much would you pay for a fountain of youth pill that will prevent all the age related diseases and extend your life span by 30 years?
  • Needs references x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#420 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:32 AM

I don’t think ChromaDex is greedy. Selling Niagen at $30 range now is quite resonance. Eventually it will drop below $30 if you buy multi bottles. People are under estimating the benefit of NR. It is the most significant discovery in anti aging since human existed. It is worth a lot more than the price they are selling. How much would you pay for a fountain of youth pill that will prevent all the age related diseases and extend your life span by 30 years?

I agree.  I have no issue with the current price.  But we both know that they aren't forcing out lower margin retailers and acquiring their own retail outlet to keep the pricing where it is today. 

As far as the significance of NR .... time will tell.  I hope it turns out to be everything you believe it to be.  But we still don't have a lot of clinical trials that show it does much of anything in humans at this point aside from raising NAD+ levels.  We think that's a good thing, but in fact we don't actually care about NAD+ levels, we care about health outcomes.  Let's hope we get some trials that show positive outcomes in those areas shortly.

• Good Point x 4
  • Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: niagen, nicotinamide, niacin, group buy, hpn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users