#32 Daniel Cooper

• Member, Moderator
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 12:46 AM

Bought 6 bottles

• Enjoying the show x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#33 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

Got my 6 bottles yesterday.

• like x 2

#34 mikela

• 109 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

Got my 6 bottles yesterday.

Looking forward to your assessment

#35 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:29 AM

We squeaked by at 124 bottles and HPN will honor the next offering starting on October 14, 2015. They said today they appreciate the early adopters and supporters at Longecity of their HPN Niagen.

Edited by Bryan_S, 23 August 2014 - 05:30 AM.

#36 borg389

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:52 AM

I am still only halfway through my first 6 bottles. I'll be buying another 6 in the october buy, and I believe I have someone else who will likely purchase as well.
  • like x 1

#37 Ceci1ia

• 13 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:21 PM

I am certainly in, if I could only figure out how to make it work like it did the first 2 months I took it. It hasn't been working for me for the past few months and I don't know why.

#38 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:06 AM

I've taken niacin and nicotinamide before and loved it. What is this HPN product exactly? Is this NR? 

What's the deal with NAD, NADH,  NADPH and NR? Is NR is the better of the 3? 

From what I've read niacin forms into NADP which is then converts to NADPH. So does this mean I just need niacin then? Or what's all these different variations of niacin all about then? Help me choose the better product otherwise I'd be wasting more money.

Edited by eon, 23 September 2014 - 07:15 AM.

• dislike x 3

#39 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

is NADH a reduced form of NAD? Why would it be "reduced" I figured "more" would be better so why is it a reduced form of NAD (if it is)?

• dislike x 3

#40 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:45 PM

Guys how they arrived at Nicotinamide Riboside as the best NAD precursor came from background research from Dr. Shin-Ichiro Imai, David Sinclair and Dr. Leonard Guarente amoung others. Robert Kane Pappas  has done a video series showing the progression of research. Remember NAD isn't a new molecule, finding new substances to substantially increase its production are. There are other molecules but the focus of research landed on the 2 that raise NAD levels the most.

(HPN) High Performance Nutrition is the first distributor ChromaDex authorized as far as I can tell. They've been out there promoting Niagen Nicotinamide Riboside and building,  supporting and growing the market we see today. They've been partnered with our forum supporting our members with large group product buys and that's what this thread is about. They appreciate the early adopters and supporters here at Longecity because its groups lik ours that seed the rest of the market.

Pretty much anyone buying in bulk amounts is already convinced this stuff works and they are looking to make Nicotinamide Riboside as affordable as possible for the long term. Like the next guy I like a good debate on NAD precursors but this thread is focused on purchasing at a discount.

We hold a discount buy every 60 days and we are getting ready for the next one in almost 3 weeks. I've just spoken with (HPN) High Performance Nutrition to confirm and we are scheduled to start the next group buy on October 14, 2015. So spread the word we need to hit our quota to keep this discount going.

• like x 2

#41 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:44 AM

I still don't get what exactly this Niagen product is, is it a combo if niacinamide with riboside?

the D ribose on the product below is rather low considering I was taking 15 g maximum when I had bought a bulk powder of it (1kg for about $45). Niacinamide is cheap in bulk as well.

Is this product sold on AMAZON by NOW a similar product Niagen is selling? It's cheaper but as I mentioned are these products simply a combo of niacinamide and riboside or in the case of the product below D-Ribose: 

How do you people feel when on this Niagen product? You feel great or what? Dr. Sinclair only mentioned NAD so how did we come to what Niagen is selling (which isn't even NAD)? I'm a bit lost. From experience, a product that is sold at a discount/liquidation in bulk is usually faddy and possible a pyramid scheme. There was a similar scheme a few years back with companies selling deer velvet antler claiming to releases HGH and companies sold them in bulk with discounts. The fad seem to have died down ever since.

Edited by eon, 25 September 2014 - 07:50 AM.

• dislike x 4
  • Ill informed x 1

#42 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:06 PM

Eon, I gave you a link in a PM to a place you can go directly to see what/why people are supplementing what they are. It is a lot to read, but it will answer your questions and is well worth it.

#43 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:46 PM

Thanks mikeinnaples.

eon, I think everyone who stumbles into Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) asks why can I just take this . . . and they want the short answer. We've all asked the same question, why can't we just take NAD? These are all valid questions and each substance takes a different path. The NADH you are looking at is broken down in the digestive track and even if you could inject say pure NAD and avoid the digestive path altogether it cant be absorbed through the cell membrane. The videos by Robert Kane Pappas go a long way towards explaining the discovery but they take time to watch. The simple answer is Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) is readily absorbed orally without being converted, Then once in the bloodstream it can passively pass through the cell membrane without being further metabolized into something else and it is the closest NAD precursor that can do all these things and it fits directly into the Kribs cycle just 2 steps away from becoming NAD. This is a hugh time and energy saver. It's not until you understand how Cells salvage and recycle these coenzymes that you see how Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) is cutting in line to ramp up the NAD production. I'm not even going to touch on the Sirtuin benefits.

Bielefeld-Germany-2011_NAD-salvage.png

Since this is new this is why we created a group buy for items like HPN's  Niagen Nicotinamide Riboside so we can command a better price until the price comes down and this becomes mainstream. I didn't start this buy I only help maintain it for those who are interested in keeping it going. Again guys we are scheduled to start the next group buy on October 14, 2015. So spread the word we need to hit our quota to keep this discount going.

#44 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:41 PM

For the sake of full disclosure, nicotinic acid seems to do a fair job of raising NAD+ as well, even better in the liver than NR. However, I have been taking NA for a long time and never experienced any things NR users have. Could be one heck of a placebo effect, but who knows.... I am siding with it doing something else that NA does not.

Attached Files

Edited by mikeinnaples, 25 September 2014 - 05:45 PM.

#45 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:44 PM

OK guys High Performance Nutrition (HPN) contacted me today and moved their date. Sorry if it throws off your plans.

Starting today, "Longecity4" will be the discount code.

Here is the main product page.

http://hpnsupplements.com/products/nr/

So as of this posting the discount begins Today.

Please pass this offering on to our other members so we can meet our quota and be able to repeat this again in mid October.

#46 The_Next_LX

• 32 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:05 PM

OK guys High Performance Nutrition (HPN) contacted me today and moved their date. Sorry if it throws off your plans.

Please pass this offering on to our other members so we can meet our quota and be able to repeat this again in mid October.

Well, it works!

I just bought 8 bottles: $383.92 - $115,18 = $268.74 (Free Shipping) /8 = $33.59 per bottle.

Thanks very much to the Longecity Forum Crew who made this possible.

(Question--how long will the discount code be active? I want to tell a couple of friends.) 

#47 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

Well, it works!

I just bought 8 bottles: $383.92 - $115,18 = $268.74 (Free Shipping) /8 = $33.59 per bottle.

Thanks very much to the Longecity Forum Crew who made this possible.

(Question--how long will the discount code be active? I want to tell a couple of friends.) 

Monday the 6th of October as far as I've been told.

#48 pedr0vsky

• 102 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:09 PM

I bought 6 more bottles! Thanks man!

I bought 6 more bottles! Thanks man!

#49 borg389

• 27 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:31 AM

The add to cart button on the front page is broken (goes to another site) but if you click on "store" and then click on the picture of the item, it takes you to another page where the add to cart button works. Just ordered 6 bottles.

#50 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:01 AM

The add to cart button on the front page is broken (goes to another site) but if you click on "store" and then click on the picture of the item, it takes you to another page where the add to cart button works. Just ordered 6 bottles.

Thanks, I'll mention the broken link to HPN I'm sure they appreciate your persistence.

Everybody this is the direct url to the offer, "Longecity4" is your discount code.

http://hpnsupplements.com/store/nr/

#51 The_Next_LX

• 32 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:16 PM

Thanks, I'll mention the broken link to HPN I'm sure they appreciate your persistence.

Everybody this is the direct url to the offer, "Longecity4" is your discount code.

Longecity4 Discount still in effect as of October 5 2014;

After buying 8 on September 25, I just bought an additional 6 bottles today

($287.94 - $86.38 = $201.56)

as I've decided to up my daily dose from 1.0g to 2.0g for the next two months (October-November)--then I will reassess.

Once again, thanks for the forum for making this happen.

#52 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 06:26 PM

Longecity4 Discount still in effect as of October 5 2014;

After buying 8 on September 25, I just bought an additional 6 bottles today

($287.94 - $86.38 = $201.56)

as I've decided to up my daily dose from 1.0g to 2.0g for the next two months (October-November)--then I will reassess.

Once again, thanks for the forum for making this happen.

I'm at a 1.0g per/day sublingually Let us know how that goes on the experience thread See URL.  

#53 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:33 AM

Just ordered 8... after rejoining longecity this evening (been away for too long)...perfect timing!

Edited by Vastmandana, 07 October 2014 - 05:34 AM.

#54 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 05:48 AM

Just ordered 8... after rejoining longecity this evening (been away for too long)...perfect timing!

Good for you I thought this offer was over yesterday.

Looks like the offer is still open, we are on borrowed time gang. I just checked and its 2am Oct 7th where I am. If you thought you missed your chance I'd put in the promotion code once or twice and see if the discount is really turned off. The first time I put it in it didn't seem to work but the second time worked like a charm. I think we may have been given more time to meet our quota which I'll check on. In the mean time count your blessings. Once its confirmed the offer has ended we will see when the next date is appropriate.

Everybody this is the direct url to the offer, "Longecity4" is your discount code for 6 or more bottles. http://hpnsupplements.com/store/nr/

Edited by Bryan_S, 07 October 2014 - 06:14 AM.

#55 APBT

• 906 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:04 PM

Any word on how many bottles were purchased? 

#56 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:55 PM

It would b great to get more of a running total in the future, at least when we're nearing the deadline...I got eight but could have sprung for more if absolutely necessary. Having reviewed lots of the available info and being 64 years old I'm in this for the long haul even though this is my first order...

I really appreciate this opportunity

Edited by Vastmandana, 08 October 2014 - 11:57 PM.

#57 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 04:04 AM

Talked them in to extending it for us but it officially ended Monday. Guys we are way behind our numbers at 70. We will see if we can get a few more good days out of this, OK.

I for one cant afford to pay retail, not with as much of this stuff as I take. Lets keep this going for the next round or we might have to let this go. If the offer code goes down let us know, or better yet let us know on the forum that its still working!

Everybody this is the direct url to the offer, "Longecity4" is your discount code for 6 or more bottleshttp://hpnsupplements.com/store/nr/

#58 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:29 AM

Bryan, I'm going to buy another 8 bottles although that'll keep me flat broke for the month.  I would imagine hpn moving the date up several weeks has led to the shortfall, as folks budget/plan for a two month window and it was started early this time...right?

And why the short windows anyway?  Especially if they're going to move them around? My life is overloaded...at 64 with a 13 year old daughter, urban farm, recording studio, gardening...and general overload... it's easy to miss these windows...

Anyway, haven't tried NR yet; waiting for my first delivery and guess I'll get another 8 to help get us closer to the quota...but I imagine many aren't even thinking it's going again as it hasn't been two months from what I'm reading in the forums...

Again, thanks for all you are doing...

OK, just plunked down another $269...it took a couple trys to get the coupon to work... Will try to do a comprehensive daily chronicle of how this impacts me... and will review the other thread first...I have a rather huge life extension stack already (I'm sooooo sick of downing capsules!) and am in pretty good shape but definitely feel the years creepin' up on me....

Plan to start off at low dosages and space out several 500mg. niacin throughout the day (personally, I LOVE the flush!!!)  I just ordered some tmg/sAMe per the other ancient one's post... very excited but hope HPN wait a full two months next time...and we can get a FIRM date so people can plan!  It's gonna take awhile to rathole the bucks with property taxes due soon...

However, I have created a number of wonderful gardens for my clients, many whom are now older than me...and several will be interested if my experience is as I hope it will be...I have already got several using PQQ, Ubiquinol, UC-II, and Mag L-Threonate...

Edited by Vastmandana, 09 October 2014 - 08:43 AM.

• like x 1

#59 Bryan_S

• Topic Starter
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:49 PM

Bryan, I'm going to buy another 8 bottles although that'll keep me flat broke for the month.  I would imagine hpn moving the date up several weeks has led to the shortfall, as folks budget/plan for a two month window and it was started early this time...right?

And why the short windows anyway?  Especially if they're going to move them around? My life is overloaded...at 64 with a 13 year old daughter, urban farm, recording studio, gardening...and general overload... it's easy to miss these windows...

Anyway, haven't tried NR yet; waiting for my first delivery and guess I'll get another 8 to help get us closer to the quota...but I imagine many aren't even thinking it's going again as it hasn't been two months from what I'm reading in the forums...

Again, thanks for all you are doing...

OK, just plunked down another $269...it took a couple trys to get the coupon to work... Will try to do a comprehensive daily chronicle of how this impacts me... and will review the other thread first...I have a rather huge life extension stack already (I'm sooooo sick of downing capsules!) and am in pretty good shape but definitely feel the years creepin' up on me....

Plan to start off at low dosages and space out several 500mg. niacin throughout the day (personally, I LOVE the flush!!!)  I just ordered some tmg/sAMe per the other ancient one's post... very excited but hope HPN wait a full two months next time...and we can get a FIRM date so people can plan!  It's gonna take awhile to rathole the bucks with property taxes due soon...

However, I have created a number of wonderful gardens for my clients, many whom are now older than me...and several will be interested if my experience is as I hope it will be...I have already got several using PQQ, Ubiquinol, UC-II, and Mag L-Threonate...

You might be their single best customer of the month. I agree an early date threw off peoples buying cycle. In the background there are obviously other motivating factors for the discount offerings and start dates. The length usually lasts a week.

I think we are important to HPN in the sense that we help promote Niagen Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) and support the community. I think at last count Longecity hosted 10 threads on (NR).

Here is where we are sharing our experience.

Nicotinamide Riboside (NR/Niagen) personal experience thread

I'm pleased they lengthened the window to accommodate those people from the last cycle. Also I didn't post the count to take money away from your 13-year old daughter. God forbid! 

Everybody this is the direct url to the offer, "Longecity4" is your discount code for 6 or more bottleshttp://hpnsupplements.com/store/nr/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#60 Vastmandana

• 123 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:00 PM

Well, Bryan...my 13 year old will hopefully benefit from a younger 64 year old dad! And, as I focus on climate change and other global/planetary challenges in my music/songwriting, I want to be around as we attempt to navigate our way through the shitstorm heading our way.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: niagen, nicotinamide, niacin, group buy, hpn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users