Photo
- - - - -

Republicans/Conservatives Promoting cryonics among voters to ensure survival

republicans conservatives cryonics

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 YOLF

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:26 PM

Yes, that's right, apparently the republicans (or at least independents and libertarians) in the US are promoting cryonics as a way to preserve their voter base as Democrats are recruiting underage voters from foreign countries.

So how is cryonics going to influence the future of elections circa 2035 when the first thaws are coming out of cryopreservation?

My thoughts? It'll mean a longer foothold for the incumbent majorities. As cryonics is a LIFO (last in first out) procedure, it will mean that the once old and dead will wake up young again shortly after dieing, they'll be voting as they always have.

So who will be in power in 2035?

• like x 1

#2 redFishBlueFish

• 186 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:21 AM

2035 will be a much more complicated world and I don't know if the people being thawed could handle that world. In one topic alone, physics, will be a completely different in 2035... 

#3 corb

• 507 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:15 PM

circa 2035 when the first thaws are coming out of cryopreservation?

Is that a fact? Alcor are going to thaw some of their "patients" in '35?

#4 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:43 PM

Let these politicians to invest some money in the development of a successfull refreezing :)

#5 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:02 PM

circa 2035 when the first thaws are coming out of cryopreservation?

Is that a fact? Alcor are going to thaw some of their "patients" in '35?

It's an estimate that we'll have fully reversible cryonics where the patient will need no repair after the thaw by 2035. These cases will very likely be emergency cases performed by EMTs/Paramedics in the field to be lined up for recovery/surgery at the best hospitals and with personalized researched care.

This is the earliest estimate that I've seen for finding a cure for aging.

Let these politicians to invest some money in the development of a successfull refreezing :)

I think that's a joke, but I'm not sure I understand...

#6 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

Well, I was not actually joking..

As far as I understood from the topic, some politic parties are promoting the cryonics. In this case, it will be nice, if they invest some money in order to speed up the development of the cryonics and make it reversible faster.

#7 YOLF

• Topic Starter
  • 8,249 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

Ok, I get it now.

I don't think the party is specifically promoting it, I just saw a repub. writer promoting it to a republican audience. The work will still be ours to do, but we'll have more repubs/conservatives in our midst if it's successful.

#8 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,047 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

No need to promote the political duopoly in the U.S. The fact that politicians have traditionally stood in the way of progress (including cryonics) is the main point. Any politician that speaks publicly in a positive light about cryonics is a good sign. However, I would prefer if they just got out of the way.

• Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: republicans, conservatives, cryonics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users