• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Complete lack of arousal. Able to reach climax/get erect, but not "aroused" in the slightest? Adderall side-effect?

sex drive adderall dopamine

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Axmann8

• 63 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

I seem to have a problem within the past 4 months or so with being able to get aroused. It just doesn't seem to happen anymore, which is extremely uncommon for me.

I used Adderall daily at therapeutic doses for my ADD-PI for about 3-4 months before these symptoms started. I've been taking a break from the Adderall for the past ~3 months or so.

Could I have dome something to damage my dopamine system or something else even? I would've expected my libido to have come back by now, but it hasn't =(

This is really distressing, but I'm not really sure what to do about it.

Edited by Axmann8, 30 July 2014 - 01:37 PM.

#2 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

Did you change something in your lifestyle in this period of life? Like don't date a women for a long time. 

Or maybe adderall has trigger in you an anxiety or depressive symptom.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 xsiv1

• 463 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

Have you experienced any of the following when you discontinued Adderall: depressed mood, fatigue, increased appetite, lack of motivation, sleeplessness or sleepiness? Also, what is your age range?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Axmann8

• Topic Starter
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

Update: My doctor did a testosterone blood test and my testosterone was only 201. I'm 22. The normal range is 241-827, which makes this pretty rare.

Of course, now I'm all afraid I have a pituitary tumor.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sex drive, adderall, dopamine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users