sulfa antibiotics nootropics phenibut interactions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fayevalentine

• 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about potential interactions between sulfa antibiotics and piracetam, oxiracetam, or pheninut? I cannot seem to find much out there regarding this. If anyone knows or has any thoughts, please let me know.

Thanks everyone!

#2 YOLF

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:23 PM

Are you on continuous sulfa therapy? What for?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 fayevalentine

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hi, no it's not a continuous therapy, but I am being treated for a kidney infection and have to take several weeks worth of sulfa to clear it up.

I know the smartest thing to do would probably be to avoid any and everything, but the drugs I listed (especially piracetam for memory/increased feeling of attachment to my environment) and phenibut (for social anxiety) have made such a positive impact on my life, I don't want to be forced to discontinue their use if it is not necessary.

I know sulfa drugs tend to interact with a lot of things, so I'm hesitant to take any nootropics or phenibut without more information.

Thanks for any insight you can provide :).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sulfa, antibiotics, nootropics, phenibut, interactions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users