add hair loss dextroamphetamine finasteride

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 VICREP

• 160 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:02 AM

Hey Guys.

I have a family history of Male Pattern Baldness and I myself started noticeably thinning/receding at age 21 (I'm now 23). I also have attention and motivation issues was diagnosed with Adult ADD.

I take between 10 - 20mg IR Dextroamphetamine 4-5 days per week, along with Finasteride (propecia) daily for hair loss. So far I have been on the finasteride for around 7 months and haven't noticed  much yet, not that I was expecting much until 12+ months.

However my hair seems noticeable thinner, wispier and more brittle. Is it possible that this is caused by the Dextroamphetamine I'm taking and it's limiting my results from finasteride?

I know that MPB is caused by DHT and hair loss from stimulant use is unrelated to DHT, but is it common to experience a loss in hair quality when on stimulants?

thank you

#2 Glazing Agent

• 18 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 12:58 AM

Thinning hair at 23 is common period. You aren't alone.  :)  The great thing about modern society though is that you can take solace in the fact that most people don't have the attentional awareness to care about anyone but themselves and baldness means absolutely nothing to most people.  ;) Take pride in the fine work your testosterone is doing for you... besides... a baldness cure is very close on the horizon and I'd bet by 33 you'll be sporting a full head of hair... and if you aren't... well just smile and look like this guy -> :). All you need is a smile and people instantly have warm feelings towards you regardless of your state of hair.

Edited by Glazing Agent, 03 August 2014 - 01:05 AM.

• like x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:00 AM

Not directly related: There's a lot of info here on DHT hair loss. Look into ketoconazole specifically.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: add, hair loss, dextroamphetamine, finasteride

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users