Insensitive to hunger or satiety

hunger satiety

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 michael55m

• 22 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:39 AM

Hi,

2 weeks ago I started to skip dinner for CR/fasting. At first I felt weak in the evening. But now I am quite accustomed to it and my BMI levels at about 18.8.

However, I feel no hunger in the evening, nor satiety when having breakfast and lunch. Actually I won't feel much hungry if I don't eat anything for the whole day. 
On the other hand, I enjoy breakfast and lunch. If I prepare too much breakfast I might probably over-eat a little, so anorexia shouldn't be the cause.
In addition I don't think I have cognitive issues. 

So, is insensitive to hunger or satiety normal during CR?

#2 scottknl

• 421 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

Yes, I find it to be true that once I get going on a CR streak, hunger is fairly easily held at bay.  It's probably best to defend the low end of the BMI to stay above 18.5 though.  Too little muscle mass could be a significant handicap in old age and once you're past middle age, it get harder and harder to build muscle.  My wife and I also find that we simply can't eat as much as we used to even when we want to be "bad for a day".  Our appetites are satisfied very quickly with much less  food than before we started CRON.  However, I've found that nothing brings back the hunger like carbs.  Once you start eating something that is carb heavy, you can easily go and eat too much.  I guess it's the insulin talking!!!

#3 bor

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:10 PM

I believe hunger works a bit like craving. When you are used to a certain diet and you break your habit on one occasion, your body will demand what he is used to get. If you eat fast food every day and one day you don't you will likely crave for fast food. When you decide to stop eating fast food, after few days, you can pass the fast food restaurant without any craving to fast food. I have the same experience with sodas and fruit yogurts.

• Agree x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hunger, satiety

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users