What kind of memories do you remember?

details memories

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bubbles

• 75 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:45 AM

What kind of details/memories do you remember? I noticed that people without much social experience, they tend to remember all sorts of stupid 'shit' like for example, when I was pissing in a toilet and my phone rang too loud that it was heard by everybody -_- This sounds so stupid, and is a bad example, but you got the point.

On the other hand, people with a higher social interactivity, remembers only important details, such as.. oh well you can think of it.

So, my question is, does this depend only on social experience? Because I have a social life as well, but sometimes I can remember the most meaningless things as well. So meaningless that by simply mentioning them, it would sound absurd or plain silly.

Someone help me out with this thread, I have a point but it's not complete.

#2 Ekscentra

• 36 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:43 PM

I'm about as isolated as Isochroma in his prime, for what it's worth. I tend to remember nearly everything regardless as long as it's relevant, aside from visual details. I've been eidetic my entire life, though less so after the myopia began. So no, I can't say social interaction brought any negative change to my memory. The only difference was in the character of my memories, i.e. they'd tend to be more emotionally charged, more associated.

#3 redFishBlueFish

• 186 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:50 AM

I don't remember anything past 5 years in long term memory. I remember when I started college, I remember when I first moved to this area. I can visually remember it like I am still there, but in text form, I remember dramatic events before 5 years. Like when a kid in my jr high school was beat up so bad he died. I remember being offered drugs on my way home. I don't remember anyone or what that area looks like. There must a trigger associated with nostalgia. So it goes short term memory, long term memory, archived memories, dumped memories for me. Archived memories will have a text association and maybe a single photo of the area, dumped memories are ones I don't even remember happening. 

I am happy I forgot the many deja vu sessions I had growing up. I would have a dream about an event and then one day the dream would happen. It would be so creepy. lol.

sponsored ad

• Advert

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: details, memories

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users