• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

NYC Meeting 8/18/2014

nyc meeting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Alvin

• 104 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

NEW LONGECITY LIFE EXTENSION RESEARCH ADVOCACY GROUP WILL BE STARTING IN NEW YORK CITY. IT IS FOR PEOPLE INTERESTED IN PROMOTING THE Immortalist CAUSE. ALL GROUPS ARE INVITED.

Our goal is preventing and curing all diseases, controlling the aging process, radical resuscitation and cryonics. The science and technology necessary for doing this are within sight. We should change the public's paradigm that this is not possible. We will eventually raise money for research, work with other groups and do advocacy.

This meeting will introduce concepts and ideas that will help advance the cause. We will solicit ideas.

The meeting will take place on Monday, August 18 at 6:15 PM at 60 Wall Street, NYC. To get there you can take the 2 or 3 IRT subway line. You will come out into the atrium where the meeting will take place.

A paper on the table will say, “LongeCity Meeting”.

#2 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:43 PM

How did it go? Anything we can to to support? 

#3 Alvin

• Topic Starter
  • 104 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

Dear Caliban:

Only two people showed up for the meeting. One of the participants was a movie director who shot some video of an interview with me. One reason for the poor showing is that I could not get the E-mail address of the approxamete 200 New York City members and associates of ours. It also shows the lack of interest.

One of the things I wanted to discuss is having groups meet on line using Google Hangout or Google Open Meetings. They enable groups to meet on line and actually talk to each other. This can be used by a group to conduct their own meeting or have different groups meet to make plans. They are free. There are also private paying services. I am attaching an evaluation of Google Hangout. We may want to make a quality Google Hangout U-Tube video to teach our members how to use it. I could use the instruction. The Hangout system allows people to make U-Tube video  We can spread the message.with ease.

english deutsch

logo-en.png

google_hangout_logo_medium.png
toolreview-summary-3_stars.png
Satisfactory

Screenshots
google_hangout_screenshot01_thumb.png

WebEx Meetings  Google+ Hangout  Skype
Review of Google+ Hangout Criterium   Rating     Functionality   grade_F.gif   Essential features are available and can be extended by apps Usability   grade_A.gif   easy-to-use Meeting Setup   grade_F.gif   Google- hangout can only accessed by users having a Gmail account, no scheduling feature available Software Installation   grade_A.gif   Google plugin can be easily installed Cost Transparency   grade_A.gif   free-of-charge Security   grade_B.gif   128-bit SSL encryption Platform Support   grade_B.gif   Runs on Windows XP or Later and Mac OS X, minimum requirements: Any 2 GHz dual core processor or greater. Browsers supported are Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. Mobile Device Support: iOS 6.0+ and Android Overall Score   3_stars.gif   8.17 / 10               External resources

Review updated: Feb 2014

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,981 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:02 PM

Google hangout is free. Allows for 9 people, last I checked.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nyc meeting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users