- - - - -

Magnesium product with smaller pill size

magnesium

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chrisp2

• 166 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

I've been giving my parents UltraMag, but like most Mag supplements, quite a large pill size.

I don't think they'd consistently use a powder, and after spending like a half hour researching online, I cannot conclusively find a smaller pill size, regardless of magnesium type.

Can anyone make some recommendations?

Thanks!

#2 Gerrans

• 372 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

I do not see any harm in cutting a magnesium pill in half or more if it seems too big. The remainder will not go off if you want to keep it. Capsules tend to be more manageable--magnesium taurate capsules, for example. And capsules can be pulled open and taken as a powder if need be. The smallest molecule in magnesium pills is magnesium oxide: a low mg pill should not be very big.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:37 PM

I agree with Gerrans- If pill size is a big issue, there is nothing more magnesium-dense than mag oxide.  You'll have to get past the deeply ingrained internet myth about the non-bioavailability of oxide, though.  Actually it's not a bad Mg source.  You'd probably have a hard time finding a pure MgO pill- you might need to give them a multivitamin instead.  Maybe get them to eat more leafy green vegetables?  Green smoothies?

#4 Mia K.

• 176 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:27 PM

Hi chrisp2,

My late Dad had great difficulty swallowing in his final year.  The Krebs Magnesium-Potassium tablet by Enzymatic Therapy is the smallest I found:  http://www.iherb.com...73&sr=null&ic=1  The price is quite reasonable, too.

Best, MiaK

#5 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

Look for a smaller dose magnesium pill which might be easier.

Hi chrisp2,

My late Dad had great difficulty swallowing in his final year.  The Krebs Magnesium-Potassium tablet by Enzymatic Therapy is the smallest I found:  http://www.iherb.com...73&sr=null&ic=1  The price is quite reasonable, too.

Best, MiaK

'

Isn't krebs the german word for cancer, actually, so it is odd that it is used in that bottle.

Edited by ironfistx, 11 August 2014 - 05:08 PM.

#6 Mia K.

• 176 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:15 PM

Isn't krebs the german word for cancer, actually, so it is odd that it is used in that bottle.

Well, in this case "Krebs" refers to the citric acid or Krebs Cycle.  Hans Adolf Krebs is/was the discoverer of the Krebs Cycle.

Edited by Mia K., 11 August 2014 - 09:18 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 bor

• 22 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:35 PM

Certain mineral waters are high in magnesium.

Magnesium pills or capsules are often 500 mg, but smaller are available on Amazon, for example (160, 200, 250, 300 mg).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: magnesium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users