- - - - -

grey hair nutrition - liver detox?

diet

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Stefanovic

• 300 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:23 PM

I got grey in a short periode of time and checking out my last bloodwork, I noticed that the liver alt levels were a bit high, magnesium was 72 and should be between 70 and 103. So still in within the normal range but kinda low.

I was thinking a 7 day liver detox might be a good plan, but I can't really find a diet plan online. If anyone would help me out...

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:28 PM

It's very easy to get a slightly high ALT.  It happens all the time.  I wouldn't attempt anything called a "liver detox".  It's not likely to help, and might hurt, possibly a lot.  You might want to take supplemental magnesium, or more of it if you already are taking it.  Was that RBC magnesium, or something else?

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 drew_ab

• 121 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:20 AM

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'd like to hear a bit more since I have become (or am becoming) gray very quickly! :(  Blood donation was the most recent interesting thing that I heard suggested as a way to halt your gray hair.  Not sure if there is some merit or if it's totally bogus.

#4 Stefanovic

• Topic Starter
  • 300 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

I have become gray in just a few months time and it's like almost 100 percent near my ears and on the sides, much less on top of my head. I've started taking wheatgrass two weeks ago but it's definitely to early to have results.

#5 Dan1976

• 49 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:24 AM

Try:

- PABA
- tyrosine
- biotin
- catalase
- SOD
- resveratrol
- copper sebacate

#6 Stefanovic

• Topic Starter
  • 300 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 02:58 PM

Thanks I have ordered a few of them ( paba, tyrosine, copper sebacate and B complex containing biotin although biotin alone didn't work, it should probably be part of a stack)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users