- - - - -

C60's nootropic potential

c60

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:04 PM

For anyone who doesn't frequent the C60 forum: there's a new thread regarding the paper The role of low levels of fullerene C60 nanocrystals on enhanced learning and memory of rats through persistent CaMKII activation.

• like x 2

#2 Invariant

• 176 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 03:53 AM

As mentioned by Niner in the linked thread, this study is not about C60-olive oil, but some kind of nano C60. These two substances are likely to have significantly different effects, and given the lack of anecdotal reports of improved learning and memory from C60-oo users, I don't expect C60-oo to have such effects.

This new substance could be interesting though, but in the absence of further studies I would not risk it. What I find fascinating though, is that all these fullerene-like substances show interesting effects. What is up with that?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Razor444

• Topic Starter
  • 240 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

As mentioned by Niner in the linked thread, this study is not about C60-olive oil, but some kind of nano C60. These two substances are likely to have significantly different effects, and given the lack of anecdotal reports of improved learning and memory from C60-oo users, I don't expect C60-oo to have such effects.

This new substance could be interesting though, but in the absence of further studies I would not risk it. What I find fascinating though, is that all these fullerene-like substances show interesting effects. What is up with that?

I've come across at least one anecdote:

'I have experienced all of the above effects. Quite shocking to me, really. The first noticeable neuro effect for me was an increased verbal fluency (manifesting as larger instantly accessible vocabulary) paired with increased speed of thought.. The rest of the effects followed.'

I've recently started trialling C60. I've subjectively noticed an increase in long-term memory. My vocab may have improved. And abstractions seem more palpable.

The C60 may just be bringing me back to baseline, since I've had lingering 'brain fog', from a previous autoimmune condition in my youth.

That's still a net gain!

I've tested my working memory after dosing: it's detrimental in that area. At least for a short while!

The reduction in working memory capacity may just be the initial calming effect of the C60. Id est, a motivational factor.

• Informative x 1

#4 Invariant

• 176 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

Interesting. If it does have cognitive effects, they are probably not subjectively felt by most people. Would be good if more people ran Gwern-quality self experiments regarding C60-oo's effects on cognition, in particularly working memory.

• Agree x 1

#5 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:12 AM

Razor444, what is your dose and how often?  Also where did your got your c60 from?

• Off-Topic x 1
  • Agree x 1

#6 Razor444

• Topic Starter
  • 240 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:32 AM

Razor444, what is your dose and how often?  Also where did your got your c60 from?

One or two half pipettes daily, from C60antiaging.com.

That's ~0.75 mg to ~1.5 mg QD.

I'm going to be trying different doses, with different time intervals.

#7 Major Legend

• 741 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:09 PM

are most people taking c60 30+ yrs old ?

#8 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

are most people taking c60 30+ yrs old ?

80% are thirty or over, according to this poll.  Considering how the Longecity community skews young, I would expect that the fraction of total users above 30 is even higher than that.

• Agree x 1

#9 sofaking

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:02 PM

just another anecdote, mine:

I read hopefully about these brain rushes that people were having on c60oo, where they noticed increased memory, vocabulary, ability to make connections etc. However for me, on the day I dose, I tend to get the opposite reaction. In fact I get a little forgetful, and although I have words right on the tip of my tongue, I stammer and fail to find them. I feel like a forgetful old person when I take it - but it usually wears off by the same afternoon and I am fine again. Strangely, this has not convinced me to stop taking it! I guess the stupid factor is strong in me! LOL 

I'm kind of hoping for a longer term improvement, at the cost of a few bumbling hours. There are so many other confounding factors that it's hard to just pin it on the c60oo. These are merely my own personal observations. (age 39 healthy)

#10 Razor444

• Topic Starter
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:10 PM

just another anecdote, mine:

I read hopefully about these brain rushes that people were having on c60oo, where they noticed increased memory, vocabulary, ability to make connections etc. However for me, on the day I dose, I tend to get the opposite reaction. In fact I get a little forgetful, and although I have words right on the tip of my tongue, I stammer and fail to find them. I feel like a forgetful old person when I take it - but it usually wears off by the same afternoon and I am fine again. Strangely, this has not convinced me to stop taking it! I guess the stupid factor is strong in me! LOL 

I'm kind of hoping for a longer term improvement, at the cost of a few bumbling hours. There are so many other confounding factors that it's hard to just pin it on the c60oo. These are merely my own personal observations. (age 39 healthy)

Where did you get your C60-oo from?

#11 sofaking

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:11 PM

That's a good question Razor44. It's from Vaughter Wellness, and it's not a distinctive purple. It's a bit more of a browny mauve.

• like x 1

#12 Razor444

• Topic Starter
  • 240 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

That's a good question Razor44. It's from Vaughter Wellness, and it's not a distinctive purple. It's a bit more of a browny mauve.

I believe the colour difference is due to the higher than normal levels of chlorophyll in the particular EVOO used.

I use the same C60-oo, and haven't had any issues.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 sofaking

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:27 PM

Thanks so much for your feedback, Razor444. Very helpful!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: c60

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users