I really need help ;(

short of breath

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 timhill82

• 20 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

Hi Guys,

I really need help, firslty I want  to give my background on to why I took nootropics and modafinil, as a young kid I grew up without parents and was bullied severeley becuase of mental abailties and not having a family or anyone wanting me. I took ,iron,zinc, vitamin C, b complex, omega 369, gingko biloba, cholin birrate, tribuls, maganism, Ltheanine, guraana 200mg, ecchinea, vinpoctine, phosphatigyl, pramiractam, Huperzine A, CO-enzyme Q10 and modafinil and cofee. I took all this for 6 months everyday with creatine and taurine addeed and I ended up having alot of panic attacks unable to breath, dizzyness, alot of anxity :( to a point i had to take my shoes off on the bus becuase of sweating and dry tongue it was well embarsing to ask the bus driver to keep an eye on me :( I went to the doctor and he said to take rest so i DID FOR 6 MONTHS and then pani attacks quiened down bt I still get anxity and severe dizyness confused, head spins and somtime its hard to move my hands I have to think and also i feel like im gona faint all the time i have to keep eating fruits and food to stay awake its a nightmare I had to quit my job and used up all my saving i hd :( my life has all stopped please help guys, My doctor gave me prozac i took that for two weks and wanted to just end my self it really had turned my life up side down. Im so embarsed to talk to anyone and everyone i talk to my friends and even doctor blame me for taking all this :( I always felt like a loser and ubnwanted to stupid I didvery bad in school and just wanted to change my brain to normal please help me ;(

#2 doublenickels

• 10 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 12:08 AM

SSRI's, especially like prozac, have been proven to cause suicidal thoughts especially when you first go on them. No need to provide references, just do a bit of Googling. You will be amazed.

Really cool that you overcame that. You won! Congrats!

First thing I would do is stop taking any "brain" supplements of any kind for a while. Maybe something or a combination you are using is aggravating a condition. Lots of the stuff is questionable for efficacy.

This will save you lots of money and you'll be free to isolate the cause. Got panic? Forget caffeine, guaranna or other stimulants.

You have been taking such a cocktail of substances that you might have been doing yourself more harm than good. Be sure to take any Internet advice on any site including this one with caution. And unfortunately, doctors sometimes need to be prodded to pay attention..since they get paid about 15 minutes per patient per insurance fees.

You might consider finding a better doctor.

Just my opinion.

• like x 2
  • Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 doublenickels

• 10 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:24 AM

OK, I tried to edit my post but the forum wouldn't let me. Don't know why.

So here it is again, better:

SSRI's, especially like prozac, have been known to cause suicidal thoughts--especially when you first go on them as you are "adjusting." No need to provide references, just do a bit of Googling. You will be amazed.

Really cool that you overcame that. You won! Congrats!

Are you still off the supplements? If so, great. If not, the first thing I'd suggest is that you stop taking any "brain" supplements of any kind for a while. Maybe something or a combination you have been using aggravated a condition. Lots of the stuff is questionable for efficacy.

This will save you lots of money and you'll be free to isolate the cause. Got panic? Forget caffeine, guaranna or other stimulants.

Maybe do some research on calming substances. Look all over.

Unfortunately, doctors sometimes need to be prodded to pay attention..since they get paid about 15 minutes per patient per insurance fees. They need to know you are more than the charts they are looking at.

You might consider finding a better doctor who will do more than just blame you and dole out an Rx (pretty lame). if you have the insurance to pay for it. If possible, set up an interview appointment. Get hormonal bloodwork done.

Be sure to eat right and enough, and drink plenty of water. That helps.

And the obvious, go for a walk as often as you can.

Just my opinion.

• like x 2
  • Agree x 1

#4 timhill82

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

Thank you soo much for replying to my email, I will do that I will not take anything to be honest I cant afford to take anything anymore I took all that stuff for full year without a job as my job ended due to closture so used up savings, I will book an appointment with doctor and try and tell them again but they only get 10 mintues slot so its very hard to tell them or ask them. But im hoping they refer me to mental health team which we in our country in UK have cut backs so getting an appintment will be ages :( but I feel soo much better for having peiople that understand you and reply I feel good Thank you for making me feel like that buddy Bless you :)

I will probley look for a paid hospital or somewhere they could do tests see what im lacking in and then I can buy it like Gaba or somthing :S

Im too scared to try anything now as I messed myself up really much

Iv just reated ur response Thank you, pleas feel free to comment guys Would really appricate all the views and help if possible :)

• Cheerful x 1

#5 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:05 AM

What you were hoping to achieve (by taking that long list of vitamins, minerals, herbs & drugs)?

#6 timhill82

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:05 AM

Better concentration and memory but it didnt work, :( I got really ill and think minor brain injury

#7 timhill82

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:16 AM

Suggestions and any help would be greatley appricative guys :)

#8 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 05:16 AM

What steps, things, does your doctor suggest?

Curious, what were your problems with concentration & memory prior to taking all the supplements & drugs?

Getting a source of income might be an important step for you. :)

#9 gnappi

• 112 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:33 AM

Better concentration and memory but it didnt work, :( I got really ill and think minor brain injury

To me, the best nootropic for memory and concentration is noopept: very cheap and easy to find.

See: http://www.longecity...mple-nootropic/

#10 timhill82

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:17 PM

Thanks a lot for answering my questions but Im done with inotropic for at least a year or two I get a lot s anxiety even if I eat food so let alone tablets so for now I need advice how to recover im on fruit and water diet so please keep posting advise and you know the reason why I took the supplements was because I was raised in poverty unwanted abused by my family and bullied in school. I was not bright so I took it. so please stop asking me guys why I took them I get more upset.

Doctor just keeping giving me different types of anti depressant which make me suicidal and hurt my head I don't wanna take em. as I have seen meany people taking gaba and 5htp and getting better im curretnley taking 200mg 5htp and maganism

• unsure x 1

#11 timhill82

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:21 PM

I need more advice and help what do you suggest everyone I should do?

• unsure x 1

#12 doublenickels

• 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:41 PM

Why are you on fruit and water?

Keep doing that and you will soon be malnourished--not at all good for anyone--especially anyone experiencing depression and anxiety. I would feel awful if I did that. Basically, it's sugar and water.

Start eating like a king. Protein, fats, some good carbs.

Um, you said the doctor just keeps giving you different types of antidepressants that hurt your head.

How long has this been going on?

Anxiety even if you eat food? Really? Obviously you've never had a Sicilian pizza.

Something tells me you are pulling our collective legs.

• Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

#13 blood

• 926 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 11:06 PM

My only suggestion would be that you think carefully about where you are getting your health & medical advice from. To state the obvious, there are risks with soliciting medical advice from random people on internet forums.

Edited by blood, 25 August 2014 - 11:19 PM.

• Agree x 3

#14 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:03 PM

Why are you on fruit and water?

Keep doing that and you will soon be malnourished--not at all good for anyone--especially anyone experiencing depression and anxiety. I would feel awful if I did that. Basically, it's sugar and water.

Start eating like a king. Protein, fats, some good carbs.

Um, you said the doctor just keeps giving you different types of antidepressants that hurt your head.

How long has this been going on?

Anxiety even if you eat food? Really? Obviously you've never had a Sicilian pizza.

Something tells me you are pulling our collective legs.

LOL sicilian pizza :laugh:

Yeah every here and then appears a troll* who hates nootropics and all the other stuff.

Because nootropics and Medicaments are EVIL (!?)

and he would put poision in his friends* nootropics to show them how evil nootropics are.....

* I guess he escapes sometimes from 4chan lol

** which friends ?!

That was the real comment of a troll somewhere in a longecity thread, ask the moderators for further infos

#15 timhill82

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:26 PM

Hi Guys

First of all thank you very much for the replies and advice, for those of you who may think im just writing and making this up well im willing to upload documentation to proof my condtions and endless emails to hospitals, neurologish,phycologhists but no luck as most Gps or people reply with wqhats nootropics of what iv mensioned above they dont know so they dont know how to fix it. However I have taken everyones advise and eat modereate protein/carb/fruits well they keep me awake and not dizzy and 5HTP. Im seeing very slow progress as I cant even have creatine anymore just somthing that would be very basic.

Please keep briging the advise I feel much better just by sharing :) CANT THANK YOU GUYS ENOUGH

#16 timhill82

• Topic Starter
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:02 PM

Hi Guys

As you all know I have had side effects from taking too many nootropics and not having any knowdlege or background research. I want to start a blog and I need your advise guys Im very sure this will benifit us all.

If we as a communitey im sure there will thousands in numbers around the world voted the most tursted websites with the results obtained and got websites and sources. If we come to a conclusion that we dont have enough websites or evidence the stuff we are buying is real I think we should have at least 20 memebers who we all contribute to travel to the labs or factories to see if they are putting the stuff they are saying they are doing. There are more than plenty of companies that cut corners and put anything with real ingrdients so you do feel the effects jhave the tablets real and half fake to save them 50% costs. So what is everyone ideas to vote to see the legit source. THIS WILL BENIFIT US ALL. if we get tursted sources sorted that will be the first step than puting things in our body we dont know

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#17 FrogWarrior

• 33 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:42 PM

There are plenty of things you can take to prevent panic attacks, way better things than prozac. Kava is a good one. Benzos are good for occasional use because they kick in rapidly, but while they can be your best friend if you only use them for emergencies, they can be your worst enemy if used regularly. First generation antihistamines I find to be pretty good for anxiety, i take chlorphenamine sometimes for that. Baclofen is a brilliant anxiolytic in my experience, docs dont prescribe it for that but if you ask your doc to try you out on it, they will prescribe it. Peppermint essential oil is good, you just drink a few drops of it. Have you tried hypnosis yet? If you can go into trance readily, then that might solve the panic attacks as well as the issues from your childhood. I wish you all the best my friend, I hope things get better for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users