- - - - -

SUGAR CRAVINGS

sugar cravings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FrankEd

• 148 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

I would like to ask if someone has achieved, or know who has, good results with gymnema silvestre when dealing with sugar cravings

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:56 AM

I've not used gymnema silvestre, but the best way I find to deal with sugar cravings is to not have it around.  If it's not sitting there in the kitchen cupboard just begging to be eaten, then it's a lot easier to say no.  Another trick is to chew gum, although this can develop into its own addictive problem.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Barfly

• 65 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:41 PM

After a long struggle I finally found a solution to my sugar cravings: 

40-50 grams of resistant starch daily combined with SBO probiotics, of which AOR.-3 seems to have been the most beneficial.

The basic idea is that the diversity and health of your microbiome influences your food preference and satiety level, here is an article that gives the basic idea:

http://www.ucsf.edu/...-rule-our-minds

Intro from the article with the main point:

""It sounds like science fiction, but it seems that bacteria within us – which outnumber our own cells about 100-fold – may very well be affecting both our cravings and moods to get us to eat what they want, and often are driving us toward obesity."

There is also great info on the subject on freetheanimal blog and some in Lostfalco thread.

Of course, this seems to be a relatively new area of research so a lot of it is speculative but for me personally it was a huge breakthrough and I have tried a lot of different methods (supplementing with chrome,  glutamine, low carb diets...) so I think it is a avenue worth exploring.

Hope that helps and gl with your sugar cravings  :)

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 adamh

• 1,033 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:17 PM

Another good way to deal with sugar cravings is to not eat simple sugars or keep it down to a bare minimum. Eat instead, complex hydrocarbates such as starches. They may have the same number of calories, and i realize starch turns into sugar during digestion but it takes a while and seems to make a difference. What I'm talking about is eat a candy bar or a piece of cake, and a short while later you crave more of the same. Eat a baked potato and you feel full afterward, not hungry right away.

The type of starch also makes a difference. Bread, and bread products seem to turn into sugar faster, have a higher glycemic index too. If you want to lose weight, lose the bread, pizza, pasta, etc. Eat lots of veggies, complex starches such as potatoes, sweet potatoes are a good choice. Avoid all cookies, pastries, sweets, etc, and eat all the broccoli, and other veggies you can hold. Eat fruits sparingly but do eat them concentrating on high nutrition fruits such as blueberries, most all berries, some apples, citrus fruit, etc.

Expecting a pill to cure your sugar cravings when you keep eating sugary products is going to fail. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users