adhd dopamine sulbutiamine happy stack

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#121 Zenfood

• Topic Starter
  • 77 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:10 PM

I forgot to mention a couple of things:

I didn't exercise for 6 weeks and I was stimulant free also to see how I felt.

My sleep went down from 9 hours a night to 7 after a couple of weeks. However, motivation was still really low even if I felt rested and my body wasn't under stress.
This was also the period when I megadosed with the zinc. 

I tried the Mr. Happy's Stack.
The 250mg sublingual uridine powder (UMP) wasn't a problem for the two first weeks.
But after a while I started to itch. It was so brutal that I started to bleed (probably itched while I was sleeping). Sometimes I woke up from it and couldn't sleep, I just woke up and my legs, my arms, my face, my ears, everything was itching. 

I paused and tried it after a week again. Same thing happened. It was a really bad experience for me and it felt like I had parasites in my veins... I was in a living nightmare and it lasted for many hours.

So therefore I can't include it in my stack. But your miles may vary.

NOTE: The two first weeks I tried the Omega 3 + Uridine stack. I wasn't megadosing the zinc at this time so it's not a zinc + uridine interaction.

Edited by Zenfood, 15 February 2015 - 04:14 PM.

#122 turnoffthelites

• 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:52 AM

You are correct forexworld, also note, that walking for long periods of time , and resistance training stimulates histamine production by means of histidine decarboxylase stimulation; which allows the body/brain to synthesize more histamine from the amino acid histidine, and thus , accounts for post exercise and intra-exercise (especially cardio) vasodilation.

http://jp.physoc.org...509/2/587.short

http://ep.physoc.org...nt/98/1/7.short

I notice I get somewhat agitated and not feeling as mentally relaxed and focussed after resistance exercise.

Does anyone notice this as well and have found to adddress it using supps orr foods to reduce histamine?

Edited by turnoffthelites, 04 March 2015 - 10:52 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 Zenfood

• Topic Starter
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:41 PM

I have to exercise late in the day or I just can't get anything done. Hard to stay on task after I go to the gym, even if I do pretty light training.

You are correct forexworld, also note, that walking for long periods of time , and resistance training stimulates histamine production by means of histidine decarboxylase stimulation; which allows the body/brain to synthesize more histamine from the amino acid histidine, and thus , accounts for post exercise and intra-exercise (especially cardio) vasodilation.

I notice I get somewhat agitated and not feeling as mentally relaxed and focussed after resistance exercise.

Does anyone notice this as well and have found to adddress it using supps orr foods to reduce histamine?

#124 Zenfood

• Topic Starter
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 03:47 PM

By the way. I ditched the Concerta. It gave me withdrawal symptoms and I became an ass%&le. Haven't used it for over a week and I'm not going to touch it ever again.

Modafinil and Huperzine A are still my favorites. But I feel that I don't need these they just make my day a bit brighter and easier for me to stay on task.

Still, I'm feeling pretty fine without these. The sunlamp is doing wonders! I sit in front of it with only my underpants for about 1 hour in the mornings while reading a book.

I also go to the solarium (tanning bed) 3x20 a week now, I have very dark skin, so I never get burned. If you have light skin, take it easy with it.

I actually believe that zinc, magnesium and sunlight (vitamin D supplement didn't do anything, even if I took 10,000 IU for a year with LEF's K-complex and 10,000 vitamin A form cod liver oil.) are the key for me.

I just think that the sunlight plays a huge role. Just eating vitamin D isn't enough, at least not for me. Never improved any symptoms.

Edited by Zenfood, 04 March 2015 - 03:49 PM.

• Agree x 2

#125 Monkey_Boy

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:05 AM

I have read somewhere that Vitamin A interferes with the absorbtion of Vitamin D.

The 10,000 A you took might just have canceled out the 10,000 D you were taking.

I've stopped taking any form of Vitamin A/beta carotene supplement since there are a few studies where it increased

the incidence of lung cancer.

• Needs references x 2

#126 Lucas Dawson

• 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:02 PM

Hey there ZenFood, I exactly parallel your experiences & struggles with ADHD (or whatever might be effecting us), and I was just wondering how your quest is going? My symptoms and experiences are identical to your posts, but I don't know where to start with getting back on track!

How are you feeling since your last post?

#127 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 10 May 2015 - 10:57 PM

Too much histamine = more heat sensitivity, that means that you should work out in a cool environment to accomodate the thermal changes and heat shock protein exchanges.

#128 Zenfood

• Topic Starter
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:48 PM

Hey there ZenFood, I exactly parallel your experiences & struggles with ADHD (or whatever might be effecting us), and I was just wondering how your quest is going? My symptoms and experiences are identical to your posts, but I don't know where to start with getting back on track!

How are you feeling since your last post?

Hey!

I would say that I am cured. I'm not depressed anymore and my libido is very high. I laugh to trivial things and I just enjoy life. I also find meditation to be quite easy. I have started reading books again and I can focus (Meditation/Reading/Dual N'back/Whatever is important for increased BDNF levels and memory in general. I think that it doesn't matter what you focus on. You could probably play Guitar Hero and get the same effect, as long as you do some long extended uninterrupted focus training. However meditation is king, because it has other beneficial things to it, as lowered inflammation and it balances the body). I just feel normal and mentally stable. The foggy cloud is gone.

A zinc and/or magnesium deficiency = increased levels of IL-6 and IL-1b. With increased IL-1b levels in the brain, you get major ADHD... and there are very few things that penetrates the blood brain barrier and are able to decrease IL-1b. With increased IL-6 one usually experiences joint pain (rheumatoid arthritis) and brain fog.

So I've been taking 4x L-OptiZinc (Now Foods) for a long time now each day and I am sure that it has been the most important thing for me. Also training hard at the gym really depletes zinc from the body. Another thing I noticed was that methylphenidate depletes zinc... so it's no wonder that it made me worse over time.

Best things that have worked for me to reduce inflammation (both IL-1b and IL-6) in the brain and increasing BDNF (IL-1b actually reduces BDNF and acetylcholine levels, which hampers memory big time, which actually could be the main cause for ADHD) has been a combination of things. Every single thing that I list below decreases IL-6 and IL-1b and penetrates the blood brain barrier.

OK. So since I started inhibiting IL-1b I have noticed that my memory has gotten significantly better. My memory was terrible and it made me depressed (I mean really down, scared and worried about my future. My grandma at the age of 82 still beats me on memory games). I think the best things has been:
Foods that have a low or medium glycemic index
IL-1b also inhibits insulin release in response to glucose. Eventually one gets higher blood glucose levels. Lowering blood glucose or speeding up metabolism, raises BDNF, and more BDNF increases metabolism. 

– At least 35g of blueberries mixed with 3g of cinnamon daily in my porridge consisting of gluten free oats (oat polyphenols, beta-glucans and phytic acid also decreases IL-1b and IL-6)
– High dosages of L-OptiZinc (Now Foods)

There are also others that I notice INSTANT effect from that allows me to think much clearer and makes me really optimistic:
– Aerobic exercise or walking with a really fast pace (bodybuilding or powerlifting doesn’t count)
300 mg of L-Theanine twice a day. It shuts off the inflammation acutely. All shatter disappears from my head.
200 mg of Huperzine A once daily (really potent, only to be taken 3 times a week) makes me really sharp. Potent anti-inflammatory and the increased acetylcholine levels are a nice addon. 
Acetaminophen / Paracetamol a.k.a. Tylenol or Panodil. I have taken this multiple times a day. Usually around 3 g. Hepatotoxicity happens around 4 g. (Yes, it lowers both IL-6 and IL-1beta:http://bit.ly/1HchbpW )

And then we have Omega-3 (1000 mg of DHA/day), something I have had faith in, but never noticed anything from. The DHA capsules from Now Foods, without the usual vitamin A, doesn’t give me any brain fog. So those who experience brain fog from cod liver oil, most likely has too much vitamin A flooding in their system.

Life Extension's One Per Day has also been a part of my daily regimen. It feels that I cover all angles with it. I also take 10,000 IU of vitamin D and 550mg of pure magnesium (in the form of magnesium malate) before bed. I eat lots of steamed spinach too for additional magnesium.

1500 mg of Niacinamide timed release is also a great tool that reduces both of these interleukins and also penetrates the BBB. However I take it sparingly, because some people have experienced liver damage with it. I would advice you to eat frequently and have a full stomach while taking this for ~8 hours. 

ALCAR should work in theory. But it makes my jaws clench and I get anxiety, big time. Even with really low doses. Straight L-Carnitine doesn't give me this effect and ALCAR/L-Carnitine reduces IL-1b and IL-6. So some people might find these useful. 

P.S.
If you are depressed, feel overwhelmed and you just don't have enough energy to take care of yourself: Take 50mg of modafinil (more than this gives me anxiety) and you will be able to cope with life.

Edited by Zenfood, 12 May 2015 - 01:23 PM.

• like x 2

#129 static55

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:12 PM

Anyone tried taking a dopamine antagonist later in the evening to upregulate dopamine receptors and/or cause a dopaminergic rebound the next day?

I've been taking 10mg selegiline and 20mg memantine (for nmda antagonism -- seems very synergistic with selegiline) every morning for 6 months or so.

For the last week or so I started taking 150mg of l-tetrahydropalmatine before bed.

it does a great job of causing me to lose motivation to do just about anything and makes me want to sleep.  I definitely feel more stimulated the next day. I've been waking up feeling refreshed and around baseline (in terms of apparent dopaminergic activity) but I think the rebound really starts kicking in around 3pm to 5pm or so. I suspect the l-thp isn't entirely out of my system when I wake up. fairly long half life IIRC. too early to tell... but its certainly doing something.

Not sure if this is healthy to do but.. it seems to work. I don't have any particular reason to think it's unhealthy..

#130 Duchykins

• 1,415 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 06:58 PM

Hey!

I would say that I am cured. I'm not depressed anymore and my libido is very high. I laugh to trivial things and I just enjoy life. I also find meditation to be quite easy. I have started reading books again and I can focus (Meditation/Reading/Dual N'back/Whatever is important for increased BDNF levels and memory in general. I think that it doesn't matter what you focus on. You could probably play Guitar Hero and get the same effect, as long as you do some long extended uninterrupted focus training. However meditation is king, because it has other beneficial things to it, as lowered inflammation and it balances the body). I just feel normal and mentally stable. The foggy cloud is gone.

A zinc and/or magnesium deficiency = increased levels of IL-6 and IL-1b. With increased IL-1b levels in the brain, you get major ADHD... and there are very few things that penetrates the blood brain barrier and are able to decrease IL-1b. With increased IL-6 one usually experiences joint pain (rheumatoid arthritis) and brain fog.

So I've been taking 4x L-OptiZinc (Now Foods) for a long time now each day and I am sure that it has been the most important thing for me. Also training hard at the gym really depletes zinc from the body. Another thing I noticed was that methylphenidate depletes zinc... so it's no wonder that it made me worse over time.

Best things that have worked for me to reduce inflammation (both IL-1b and IL-6) in the brain and increasing BDNF (IL-1b actually reduces BDNF and acetylcholine levels, which hampers memory big time, which actually could be the main cause for ADHD) has been a combination of things. Every single thing that I list below decreases IL-6 and IL-1b and penetrates the blood brain barrier.

OK. So since I started inhibiting IL-1b I have noticed that my memory has gotten significantly better. My memory was terrible and it made me depressed (I mean really down, scared and worried about my future. My grandma at the age of 82 still beats me on memory games). I think the best things has been:
IL-1b also inhibits insulin release in response to glucose. Eventually one gets higher blood glucose levels. Lowering blood glucose or speeding up metabolism, raises BDNF, and more BDNF increases metabolism. 

– At least 35g of blueberries mixed with 3g of cinnamon daily in my porridge consisting of gluten free oats (oat polyphenols, beta-glucans and phytic acid also decreases IL-1b and IL-6)

There are also others that I notice INSTANT effect from that allows me to think much clearer and makes me really optimistic:
– Aerobic exercise or walking with a really fast pace (bodybuilding or powerlifting doesn’t count)
300 mg of L-Theanine twice a day. It shuts off the inflammation acutely. All shatter disappears from my head.
200 mg of Huperzine A once daily (really potent, only to be taken 3 times a week) makes me really sharp. Potent anti-inflammatory and the increased acetylcholine levels are a nice addon. 
Acetaminophen / Paracetamol a.k.a. Tylenol or Panodil. I have taken this multiple times a day. Usually around 3 g. Hepatotoxicity happens around 4 g. (Yes, it lowers both IL-6 and IL-1beta:http://bit.ly/1HchbpW )

And then we have Omega-3 (1000 mg of DHA/day), something I have had faith in, but never noticed anything from. The DHA capsules from Now Foods, without the usual vitamin A, doesn’t give me any brain fog. So those who experience brain fog from cod liver oil, most likely has too much vitamin A flooding in their system.

Life Extension's One Per Day has also been a part of my daily regimen. It feels that I cover all angles with it. I also take 10,000 IU of vitamin D and 550mg of pure magnesium (in the form of magnesium malate) before bed. I eat lots of steamed spinach too for additional magnesium.

1500 mg of Niacinamide timed release is also a great tool that reduces both of these interleukins and also penetrates the BBB. However I take it sparingly, because some people have experienced liver damage with it. I would advice you to eat frequently and have a full stomach while taking this for ~8 hours. 

ALCAR should work in theory. But it makes my jaws clench and I get anxiety, big time. Even with really low doses. Straight L-Carnitine doesn't give me this effect and ALCAR/L-Carnitine reduces IL-1b and IL-6. So some people might find these useful. 

P.S.
If you are depressed, feel overwhelmed and you just don't have enough energy to take care of yourself: Take 50mg of modafinil (more than this gives me anxiety) and you will be able to cope with life.

Your reaction to ALCAR means you have more than enough ACh, which is an indicator that you also have quite a bit of glutamate and histamine to spare (I'm betting this is one reason why chronic ALCAR use drives down GABA presence in the hippocampal formation).    

All of which makes perfect sense since you have ADHD.  As do I.

Carnitine doesn't have identical mechanisms with ALCAR (they each do something the other doesn't do) and should not drive up ACh nearly as much as ALCAR does.

I need some help though, I looked and didn't find anything about ritalin depleting zinc.  I saw a few studies that showed ritalin and zinc can work better together, but that is because zinc can be helpful all by itself.  That's all I found when search methylphenidate and zinc on PubMed and EBSCOhost, but maybe I skimmed over something important.  Do you know of any papers about this?  

Edited by Duchykins, 11 July 2015 - 07:04 PM.

#131 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:14 AM

Zenfood, any updates? 

#132 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:49 AM

Hey!

P.S.

Your reaction to ALCAR means you have more than enough ACh, which is an indicator that you also have quite a bit of glutamate and histamine to spare (I'm betting this is one reason why chronic ALCAR use drives down GABA presence in the hippocampal formation).    

Typically super high acetylcholine feels like a combination of anhedonia and twitchiness; although, my feeling is these issues are more transparent if glutamate is also elevated beyond the norm. High histamine doesn't feel even nearly like high acetylcholine, high histamine is more like flushed face, workaholicism, and needing a constant release; but it's a much better feeling than high acetylcholine. Aside from the itching and hair pulling some people get. I just do pushups all day lol (not really though)

#133 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 12:17 PM

So I guess the stimulant overpowered the workout benefit and net effect didn't change if not worse = dopamine downregulation

ADHD: increased dopamine receptor availability linked to attention deficit and low neonatal cerebral blood flow.
Attention-deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), while largely thought to be a genetic disorder, has environmental factors that appear to contribute significantly to the aetiopathogenesis of the disorder. One such factor is pretern birth with vulnerable cerebrovascular homeostasis. We hypothesised that cerebral ischaemia at birth could contribute to persistent deficient dopaminergic neurotransmission, which is thought to be the pathophysiological basis of the disorder. We examined dopamine D(2/3) receptor binding with positron emission tomography (PET) using [11C] raclopride as a tracer, and continuous reaction times (RT) with a computerized test of variables (TOVA) in six adolescents (12-14 years of age, one female) who had been examined with cerebral blood flow (CBF) measurements at preterm birth and had a subsequent history of attention deficit. We found that high dopamine receptor availability ('empty receptors') was linked with increased RT and RT variability, supporting the concept of a dopaminergic role in symptomatology. High dopamine receptor availability was predicted by low neonatal CBF, supporting the hypothesis of cerebral ischaemia as a contributing factor in infants susceptible to ADHD.

Methylphenidate down-regulates the dopamine receptor and transporter system in children with attention deficit hyperkinetic disorder (ADHD).
Adults suffering from Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) are known to have disturbed central dopaminergic transmission. With Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT) we studied brain dopamine transporter and receptor activity in six boys with ADHD. Three months after initiation of treatment with methylphenidate we found a down-regulation of the  post-synaptic dopamine receptor  with a maximum of 20 % and a down-regulation of the dopamine  transporter with a maximum of 74.7 % in the striatal system. This corresponded to a positive clinical response evaluated by neuropsychological questionnaires and tests.

Effects of methylphenidate on the catecholaminergic system in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.
Stimulants are part of the standard-of-care treatment for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Methylphenidate, with a history of use spanning approximately 5 decades, is a first-line stimulant treatment for ADHD. Methylphenidate chiefly affects the prefrontal cortex and striatum, the mechanism of action being modulation of catecholaminergic tone. Methylphenidate treatment produces an increase in dopamine (DA) signaling through multiple actions, including blockade of the DA reuptake transporter and amplification of DA response duration, disinhibition of DA D2 autoreceptors and amplification of DA tone, and activation of D1 receptors on the postsynaptic neuron. The actions of methylphenidate may also be mediated by stimulation of the noradrenergic alpha2 receptor and DA D1 receptor in the cortex. The role of other neurotransmitters such as histamine, acetylcholine, serotonin, and alpha-agonists in modulating catecholamine pathophysiology in ADHD and ADHD treatment needs to be elucidated. Overall, the changes in catecholaminergic tone clinically manifest as improvements in attention deficit, distractibility, and motor hyperactivity in patients with ADHD.

Treadmill exercise ameliorates symptoms of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder through reducing Purkinje cell loss and astrocytic reaction in spontaneous hypertensive rats
Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a neurobehavioral disorder of cognition. We investigated the effects of treadmill exercise on Purkinje cell and astrocytic reaction in the cerebellum of the ADHD rat. Adult male spontaneously hypertensive rats (SHR) and Wistar-Kyoto rats (WKYR) weighing 210± 10 g were used. The animals were randomly divided into four groups (n= 15): control group, ADHD group, ADHD and methylphenidate (MPH)-treated group, ADHD and treadmill exercise group. The rats in the MPH-treated group as a positive control received 1 mg/kg MPH orally once a day for 28 consecutive days. The rats in the treadmill exercise group were made to run on a treadmill for 30 min once a day for 28 days. Motor coordination and balance were determined by vertical pole test. Immunohistochemistry for the expression of calbindinD-28 and glial fibrillary acidic protein (GFAP) in the cerebellar vermis and Western blot for GFAP, Bax, and Bcl-2 were conducted. In the present results, ADHD significantly decreased balance and the number of calbindin-positive cells, while GFAP expression and Bax/Bcl-2 ratio in the cerebellum were significantly increased in the ADHD group compared to the control group (P< 0.05, respectively). In contrast, treadmill exercise and MPH alleviated the ADHD-induced the decrease of balance and the number of calbindine-positive cells, and the increase of GFAP expression and Bax/Bcl-2 ratio in the cerebellum (P< 0.05, respectively). Therefore, the present results suggested that treadmill exercise might exert ameliorating effect on ADHD through reduction of Purkinje cell loss and astrocytic reaction in the cerebellum.

Treadmill exercise and methylphenidate ameliorate symptoms of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder through enhancing dopamine synthesis and brain-derived neurotrophic factor expression in spontaneous hypertensive rats
Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a developmental disorder of cognition. Behavioral symptoms of ADHD are inattention, hyperactivity, and impulsivity. We investigated the effects of treadmill exercise and methylphenidate (MPH) on activity and spatial learning memory in relation to dopamine synthesis and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF) expression using spontaneously hypertensive adult male rats. The rats in the MPH-treated group received 1 mg/kg MPH orally once a day for 28 days. The rats in the treadmill exercise group were made to run on a treadmill for 30 min once a day, five times a week, for 28 days. Activity was determined by an open-field test and spatial learning memory was evaluated by an 8-arm maze test. Immunohistochemistry and Western blotting were conducted to examine the levels of tyrosine hydroxylase (TH), the rate-limiting enzyme in the synthesis of dopamine, and BDNF. The rats in the ADHD group showed hyperactivity and spatial learning memory deficit. Reduction of TH in the striatum and substantia nigra and BDNF in the hippocampus was observed of the rats in the ADHD group. Treadmill exercise and MPH alleviated the ADHD-induced hyperactivity and spatial learning memory impairment. Expressions of   TH   and  BDNF  in the ADHD rats w ere also increased by both tre admill exercise and MPH. These findings provide a possibility that exerci se may be used as an effective therapeutic intervention for ADHD patients as MPH treatment. 

A positron emission tomography study of nigro-striatal dopaminergic mechanisms underlying attention: implications for ADHD and its treatment
Through the combined use of 18F-fallypride positron emission tomography and magnetic resonance imaging this study examined the neural mechanisms underlying the attentional deficits associated with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder and their potential reversal with a single therapeutic dose of methylphenidate. Sixteen adult patients with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder and 16 matched healthy control subjects were positron emission tomography and magnetic resonance imaging scanned and tested on a computerized sustained attention task after oral methylphenidate (0.5 mg/kg) and placebo administration in a within-subject, double-blind, cross-over design. Although patients with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder as a group showed significant attentional deficits and reduced grey matter volume in fronto-striato-cerebellar and limbic networks, they had equivalent D2/D3 receptor availability and equivalent increases in endogenous dopamine after methylphenidate treatment to that observed in healthy control subjects. However, poor attentional performers drawn from both the attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder and the control groups had significantly reduced left caudate dopamine activity. Methylphenidate significantly increased dopamine levels in all nigro-striatal regions, thereby normalizing dopamine levels in the left caudate in low performers. Behaviourally, methylphenidate improved sustained attention in a baseline performance-dependent manner, irrespective of diagnosis. This finding was accompanied by an  equally performance-dependent effect of the drug on  dopamine release in the midbrain, whereby low performers showed reduced dopamine release in this region. Collectively, these findings support a dimensional model of attentional deficits and underlying nigro-striatal dopaminergic mechanisms of attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder that extends into the healthy population. Moreover, they confer midbrain dopamine autoreceptors a hitherto neglected role in the therapeutic effects of oral methylphenidate in attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder. The absence of significant case–control differences in D2/D3 receptor availability (despite the observed relationships between dopamine activity and attention) suggests that dopamine dysregulation per se is unlikely to be the primary cause underlying attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder pathology in adults. This conclusion is reinforced by evidence of neuroanatomical changes in the same set of patients with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder. 

Pharmacogenetic Predictors of Methylphenidate Dose-Response in Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
Because of significant individual variability in attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) medication response, there is increasing interest in identifying genetic predictors of treatment effects. This study examined the role of four catecholamine-related candidate genes in moderating methylphenidate (MPH) dose-response.
Eighty-nine stimulant-naive children with ADHD 7 to 11 years old participated in a randomized, double-blind, crossover trial of long-acting MPH. Parents and teachers assessed each child's response on placebo and three MPH dosage levels using the Vanderbilt ADHD rating scales. Children were genotyped for polymorphisms in the 3′ untranslated region of dopamine transporter (DAT), exon 3 on dopamine receptor D4 (DRD4), codon 158 on catechol-O-methyltransferase, and the adrenergic α2A-receptor promoter. Linear mixed models evaluated gene, dose (milligrams per kilogram per day), and gene-by-dose effects on inattentive and hyperactive-impulsive domain outcomes.
The most statistically significant gene-by-dose interactions were observed on hyperactive-impulsive symptoms for DRD4 and DAT polymorphisms, with participants lacking the DAT 10-repeat allele showing greater improvements in symptoms with increasing dose compared with 10-repeat carriers (p = .008) and those lacking the DRD4 4-repeat allele showing less improvement across MPH doses compared with 4-repeat carriers (p = 0.02).
This study suggests that DAT and DRD4 polymorphisms may be associated with individual variability in MPH dose-response, although further research in larger samples is required to confirm these findings and their clinical utility. Clinical trial registration information

It could also explain why my hands have gotten worse over the last year (suspected histamine intolerance)

post-13945-0-98549800-1442836617.jpg

#134 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 September 2015 - 02:33 PM

Why would megadosing Zinc restore his ability to think in pictures ? I can't think in pictures anymore like I did as a child, so I may try megadosing zinc.

#135 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 September 2015 - 03:12 PM

Why would megadosing Zinc restore his ability to think in pictures ? I can't think in pictures anymore like I did as a child, so I may try megadosing zinc.

Personally I don't think it's the Zinc, I think it's increased BDNF from cardio work-out and the clearing of his depression which had that effect.

Increased brain plasticity can do wonders for all sorts of cognitive problems.

#136 Doc Psychoillogical

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:08 PM

Forskolin

[post='http://examine.com/s...eus forskohlii/']Coleus forskohlii is an herb used in traditional medicine that may boost Testosterone and induce fat loss, particularly in men.

2. Molecular mechanisms underlying forskolin-mediated up-regulation of human dopamine D2L receptors:
Long-term increases in intracellular cAMP levels may change the sensitivity of a DA receptor expressing cell to DA by increasing D2 receptor density through enhanced cAMP-dependent transcription.
Forskolin & Dopamine...http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/9353595
[/post]

EDITED: Will say worked...IME

Edited by landen.Barry@yahoo.com, 13 October 2015 - 10:49 PM.

#137 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 October 2015 - 10:44 PM

Landen.Barry:

Sounds all fine and well, until you read that increased pathological levels of cAMP is actually a hypothetical key-component in the pathology of ADHD. One of the variants of the disorder is thought to be at least partially caused by faulty D4-receptors, which then, in a feedback-loop, leads to the NMDA-network not telling the brain to lower cAMP-levels at the right moment, causing immense signal-noise in the frontal lobe as a result.

IMHO, increased amounts of dopamine-receptors won't get you far if the actual receptors are faulty anyway.

But, perhaps, if your problems are caused more by a faulty dopamine-transporter, then it might yield better results.

• Good Point x 2

#138 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:55 AM

anyone has the ability to contact zenfood since it seems he has been missing from this forum 1 year now. i am very curious as to how he is doing since going through this thread long ago and just now recently, i see he had quite the ability to incorporate various techniques and supplements into his life to such extent to completely abolish depression. very interesting indeed, but does it hold 1 year later? that, i want to know!

#139 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 June 2016 - 05:30 AM

Did this guy really eliminate anhedonia, fatigue, ADHD, and restored his ability to think in pictures with mainly just large doses of zinc? Anyone actually believe that? No offense OP, just seems a lil unbelieVeable

#140 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:25 AM

it wasnt just the zinc. this thread is gold tho, im so curious of how the starter is doing now it has so many interesting twists and turns going through it. i just wish someone fucking contacts the fucking guy pronto! :D

#141 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:14 PM

Yeah seriously I wish we could we could in contact with the guy. But he does say in this thread large doses of zinc is mostly what helped him.

#142 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 June 2016 - 07:34 PM

it might have helped him a bit if he was deficient and has genetical problem with manufacturing it.  i read tons of positive results of correcting zinc levels and people feeling damn good too.

#143 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:04 PM

this is another cool megathread with a success story. I may need to start taking zinc again. The thing about it, last time i tried, it made me nauseated and i couldn't stand it.

#144 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:46 PM

this is another cool megathread with a success story. I may need to start taking zinc again. The thing about it, last time i tried, it made me nauseated and i couldn't stand it.

Well, I was glad that he found relief, but I'm not sure how many this actually applies to - lots and lots of ADHD-ers supplement with zinc, but most don't report anything in perticular.

I tried some mega-dosing for a while there, to get rid of warts - but I didn't notice any effect on my SCT - maybe it helped with ADHD, dunno'.

Regarding the nausea - perhaps you could try dermal patches? Or we could look at some of the more exotic zink-compounds out there, something which crosses the BB more - for instance, nobody reports diarrhoea from Magnesium-L-Threonate - perhaps there's something similar for Zinc?

Edited by Stinkorninjor, 13 December 2016 - 10:48 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#145 chipdouglas

• 218 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:58 PM

Wrt to zinc induced nausea, zinc is known to cause this side-effect when taking on an empty stomach. That being said, I've taken Metagenics zinc glycinate on an empty stomach without any nausea. However, in the past other zinc supplements actually caused nausea when taken on an empty stomach and indeed it was unbearable. But then, it shouldn't be taken on an empty stomach. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adhd, dopamine, sulbutiamine, happy stack

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users