math parietal lobe

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sharpe

• 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

Hello all, 

I was reading a bit on this forum about nootropics. 

My goal is to enhance the working of the parietal lobe since i have major problems with math.

I have been diagnosed with: dyscalculia this causes my problems with math.

I did read on a other topic on this forum that math is in the parietal lobe.

The nootropics i tried so far:

Phenibut:                      Relaxed feeling from it, best one till now. 

Noopept:    30 mg         Focus

Piracetam: dose 4,8g   Weird feeling, feels like a lot is going on in the brain but does not help to concentrate me. 

I was wondering which nootropic activates the parietal lobe.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!

#2 Gerrans

• 372 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:50 PM

I do not know about parietal effects, but I find I do sums better on bacopa monnieri. I was taking it for several weeks before I became aware of that, and so it may take time to build up an effect (if there is one and I am not imagining it). My hunch is that bacopa helps with working memory, which is handy for sums where you need to be able to hold numbers in your head for a moment.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Sharpe

• Topic Starter
  • 31 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

Hello Gerrans,

Thanks for your reply, i am using bacopa now for a few weeks do not realy notice anything from it.

But studies concluded that it takes 12 weeks to notice any effect from it.

How much do u take daily? And which brand?

I am using Bacopa Extract from: planetary herbals; 225 mg 2x daily.

contains 120mg calcium & 450mg Bacopa extract.

Cheers!

#4 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

Erdős, perhaps the most prolific mathematician ever, was a big fan of amphetamines. My experience was that they increased focus but decreased creativity. Also made me stay up for 60 hours in a row.

#5 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:54 PM

Effects of Memantine on Event-Related Potentials in Alzheimer’s Disease Under Donepezil Treatment

Author(s): Masatsugu Takano, Yuka Watanabe, Yuya Hoshino, Naoki Izawa, Toshiyuki Kawakami, Hideaki Tanaka and Koichi Hirata

Affiliation: Department of Neurology, Dokkyo Medical University, Tochigi, 321-0293 Japan.

Abstract Memantine selectively antagonizes N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) receptors and prevents neurodegeneration caused by excessive glutamic acid. Memantine inhibits the progress of moderate-to-severe Alzheimer’s disease (AD); however, the precise mechanism by which memantine improves cognitive function in AD is unknown. In the present study, we measured auditory event-related potentials (ERPs) to evaluate the effects of memantine on cognitive function in 21 patients with AD who were being treated with donepezil hydrochloride. Of these 21 patients, 11 (average age, 64.9 ± 11.1 years) showed improvement or no change in the Mini-Mental State Examination (MMSE) after memantine administration (MMSE-improved group), and 10 (average age, 65.8 ± 6.7 years) showed worse MMSE scores after memantine administration (MMSE-worsened group). Results from ERPs measurements showed that after memantine administration, the N1 amplitude at Pz increased significantly in the MMSE-improved group, whereas it decreased in the MMSEworsened group. The N1 component of ERPs is an exogenous evoked potential that appears negative in the parietal region predominantly at a latency of approximately 100 ms after an auditory stimulation and is considered to be related to attention processes. Therefore, our findings suggest that memantine may stimulate the parietal lobe, resulting in increased attentiveness and consequently, improved MMSE scores for those with AD.

http://www.ingentaco...06?crawler=true

Memantine is beneficial in my case. I will try it with galantamine.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 redFishBlueFish

• 186 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:10 AM

Erdős, perhaps the most prolific mathematician ever, was a big fan of amphetamines. My experience was that they increased focus but decreased creativity. Also made me stay up for 60 hours in a row.

Isn't there anti depressants with amphetamines?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: math, parietal lobe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users