Uridine and Selegiline interactions

selegiline l-deprenyl deprenyl uridine ump

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Xenthide

• 89 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:06 PM

Hi all,

I am considering starting to take Uridine Monophosphate, CDP Choline and DHA soon (ie, the MrHappy stack). I am currently also taking 1mg Selegiline (L-deprenyl) daily.

Does anyone know if there are likely to be any interactions?

I take CDP Choline currently (250mg / day) without issue, so it is mainly the Uridine I am not too sure about.

I did post in the MrHappy Stack thread too but thought this question perhaps warranted a thread of it's own.

Any comments would be appreciated.

#2 FW900

• 341 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 August 2014 - 03:06 AM

This is a risky combination. On another site ( /r/nootropics on reddit), a user stated he had a hypertensive crisis (!) from combining selegiline and uridine.

You might react differently, 1mg of selegiline, orally is not much. If you feel the risk is worth the reward, initially take miniscule amounts of uridine and slowly titrate your dosage upward. Find a dose that does not significantly raise your BP.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Xenthide

• Topic Starter
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:13 AM

Thanks for responding. I believe I have read that same thread (is it this one? - http://www.reddit.co...line_increased/) but I did not agree that this was a hypertensive crisis. For one, the user readily admits that it happened just after smoking weed which is obviously a complicating factor. Secondly, as far as I am aware a hypertensive crisis is a very serious condition with a high risk of imminent organ damage and requiring immediate medical attention... I'm not sure that the term "mini hypertensive crisis" as described by that particular user even makes sense...

It sounds more like an anxiety attack brought on by smoking weed and an unexpected (but probably not too dangerous) interaction with the other substances.

That said, I am aware that I do need to be careful mixing Selegiline with certain substances, even at this low dose. I could possibly cycle off it, try the uridine stack for a while, and then come back to it in a few months, if necessary.

Edited by Xenthide, 31 August 2014 - 07:14 AM.

#4 chemicalambrosia

• 393 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

I agree, the guy probably just had some anxiety from weed and taking too many things at once. I'm pretty sure I've taken uridine while using Selegiline, but I'm not sure(very helpful, I know). Personally I haven't worried much about interactions even when taking 5mg a day. I think some people are more prone to hypertensive sides though, so it makes sense to be cautious until you know if you are one of them or not. I think adding uridine would be fine, but I would start with a very low dose of uridine and increase the dose each day.

Edited by chemicalambrosia, 31 August 2014 - 05:38 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:44 AM

I haven't use uridine and selegiline together,  but I have use CDP-Choline(~500mg/d) + Selegiline(2.5mg/d) and haven't expirence any side effects.  Just my 2 cents.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: selegiline, l-deprenyl, deprenyl, uridine, ump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users