• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

SSRI causing internal bleeding and intracranial bleeding!

ssri side effects

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nashi

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:22 PM

Hi,

I have been on 20mg lexapro for a few weeks now. And now I read something online at a medical site which talks about

antidepressants that SSRI can cause bleeding in the gut and in rare cases even bleeding in the brain!

I am totally freaked out about this.

It must have something to do with serotonine and platelets. I am not taking blood thinners, but I take 2 gr fishoil daily

and I also drink apple cidre vinegar which is acidic. I mix it with water.

I also use ginger as a spice and from what I read ginger has an effect on serotonine in the stomach which is why ginger

helps with nausea because it binds serotonine in the stomach or something like that.

I don't know if using ginger or drinking apple cidre vinegar is safe. Could this somehow attack the stomach or interfere with the SSRI?

Is there a way to run a blood test to see if lexapro is making my blood too thin? Since I read about this I'm worried.

Do you even notice if you experience bleeding in your gut?

#2 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:32 AM

Yes afaik in the Pharmacy.

They offer sometimes bloodtest for diabetic people so they should do it for those on anticoagulants.

You cuold ask them for suggestions what You can mix with  Your antidepressant and what not.

But better ask at 2 different Pharmacies, since they seem to lack a bit in competence in the recent time..

You have to look for the particular mechanism of the blood thinning effect from Your antidepressant.

Example: anticoagulant + thrombocyte agreggation inhibitor = BAD -> synergism of different bloodthinning mechanism ! -> risk of dangerous bleeding

Aspirine + Curcumin/tumeric                  -> "supposedly" the same bloodthinning mechanism (cox-1)

Aspirine + fishoil = OK                           -> supposedly the same bloodthinning mechanism (cox-1)

Aspirine + Aspirine = OK                       -> because at 50-100mg aspirine, the bloodthinning reaches the maximum and this isnt dangerous       

Anticoagulant + Anticoagulant = BAD    -> because if You reach the maximum, You would get this dangerous bleeding    

( But I dont guarantee anything ! Better check it on Your self)

there are 29 factors for bloodthinning and I know only few others,

but regarding PAF ( e.g. Ginkgo) , PF1 or 3 inhibitors (phosphatidylserine) and ADP inhibiton ( rehmannia glutinosa(?), Plavix (?) ) I know not so much.

So:

If Your antidepressant has the same mechanism as Aspirine, there is nothing to fear. Note that antidepressants "could" have a additional mechanism and every antidepressant which increases Serotonin is bad on th longterm ( years?)

because they thickens the artery walls, which mades them lesser elastic and could increase the risk of Heart infract

The influence of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors on human platelet serotonin.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/14691577

Antidepressants Linked to Thicker Arteries

http://shared.web.em...r-arteries.html

http://articles.merc...rt-disease.aspx

On the other hand 5-ht seems to thick the blood, so it actually a good thing that they thinn the blood and that You take fishoil suppementation

Effects of serotonin on platelet activation in whole blood.

http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/9491270

Edited by Flex, 03 September 2014 - 09:35 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ssri side effects

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users