• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Does anyone know DS Laboratories Spectral RS against hair loss?

hair loss

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nashi

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:33 AM

I came across this stuff at iherb and it has really good reviews.

I suffer from a receeding hairline. I already tried a few topicals which contain stuff like gingko and other supposedly good substances which

strengthen the hair. But I cannot say that it helps. I also didn't get any new hair.

My hairline is receeding. I see that.

But what I also notice is that on my entire head I am getting more and more hairs which are much shorter than my normal hairs and they also do not seem

to grow out and catch up! For at least 1,5 years I have been noticing this. One doctor told me these are simply new hairs but they are not. If they were new

hairs they would catch up but they don't. When I comb my hair back then I can see all these shorter hairs stand up and they also look sick and thin.

I also have a lot of really thin hairs on my entire head and I can simply pluck it out!

I also got a trichogram and the doctor said that I have many follicles which are atrophied. But he simply suggested rogaine. He didn't really show much interest

in trying to find out what's wrong.

I don't know if rogaine would help me. I read that it's not really that good.

Then I came across the stuff from DS Labs at iherb. The reviews sound good but what worries me a bit is the nano particles in it. They seem to increase

absorption of the ingredients into the scalp. What if this is dangerous? What if the particles also get into the body and then travel around in the body?

iherb.com/DS-Laboratories-Spectral-RS-Topical-Treatment-for-Thinning-Hair-2-fl-oz-60-ml/24271

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:15 AM

I've never used the DS labs product.  I wouldn't worry about the "nanosomes".  They are just small liposomes.  My biggest concern is the efficacy.  Iherb reviews are notoriously bad, and these reviews are mixed.  You probably have typical androgenetic alopecia, aka Male Pattern Baldness.  The little short hairs are called vellus hairs.  Along with Longecity, you should check out the hairloss forums.  There are a number of them, and you can find some useful information there. 

The DS labs stuff may or may not work.  Minoxidil probably would help, and would be cheaper.  You might want to try Nizoral shampoo two or three times a week; it's supposed to be pretty good, and is distinctly cheaper than the alternatives.   .

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hair loss

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users