• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Problems supplementing with Choline. What type? What dosage? What effect?

piracetam oxiracetam aniracetam cdp choline

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 VICREP

• 160 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:34 AM

Hi Guys.

I have recently started experimenting with Piracetam (4.8 grams 2-3x daily), Oxiracteam (800mg x 1-2 as needed), Aniracetam (750mg x 1-2 as needed). From reading these forums, I thought I should supplement with a choline source, so I tried adding in CDP Choline.

After adding in CDP Cholin at 250mg per day, I experience the following effects:

Lethargy

Lack of mtovation

Depressed mood

Anhedonia

I know some people say it's fine to take racetams without a choline source (except diet), however I feel I'm missing out and I want something that will help will synergise with the racetams and give me the mental clarity, and learning comprehension I still seem to be lacking.

I have ordered Alpha GPC and am planning to add it in at 50mg daily initially, before titrating up.

How on earth do some people supplement choline with Piracetam at a 1:1 ratio? That would floor me.

Anyone have trouble with CDP Choline supplementation and find relief in a different source/dose? Care to share your experience?

Thank you.

*Note. I also supplement with the following

Deprenyl 1.25mg sub-lingual daily

Vitamin B6

Vit. C

B-complex

Vit. D

Zinc

Magnesium

Fishoil (3-6 grams daily)

Ginko Biloba

#2 medicineman

• 750 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:59 PM

Hi Guys.

I have recently started experimenting with Piracetam (4.8 grams 2-3x daily), Oxiracteam (800mg x 1-2 as needed), Aniracetam (750mg x 1-2 as needed). From reading these forums, I thought I should supplement with a choline source, so I tried adding in CDP Choline.

After adding in CDP Cholin at 250mg per day, I experience the following effects:
Lethargy
Lack of mtovation
Depressed mood
Anhedonia

I know some people say it's fine to take racetams without a choline source (except diet), however I feel I'm missing out and I want something that will help will synergise with the racetams and give me the mental clarity, and learning comprehension I still seem to be lacking.

I have ordered Alpha GPC and am planning to add it in at 50mg daily initially, before titrating up.

How on earth do some people supplement choline with Piracetam at a 1:1 ratio? That would floor me.

Anyone have trouble with CDP Choline supplementation and find relief in a different source/dose? Care to share your experience?

Thank you.

*Note. I also supplement with the following
Deprenyl 1.25mg sub-lingual daily
Vitamin B6
Vit. C
B-complex
Vit. D
Zinc
Magnesium
Fishoil (3-6 grams daily)
Ginko Biloba

imo, cdp choline is the best source of choline. go low, and titrate upwards until you reach the maximal effective dose without unwanted effects.

BTW, I take up to a gram with no problems. clinical trials dosing is usually 1 gram and upwards.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Shane Minor

• 36 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:18 AM

First thing is first, you're taking way too many racetams... Second, you're taking an MAO Inhibitor (Deprenyl) which is going to increase Dopamine Levels, as well as Vitamin B6 which is also going to increase your levels of Dopamine.....It isn't the Citicoline that is causing your lack of motivation, and depressed mood. It is the fact that you're combining an MAO Inhibitor with a B6, and B1 Vitamin.. On top of that you're taking Ginkgo, a blood thinner with way too many Racetams, and one source of Choline..... I don't mean to be a smart ass here but I don't understand the question...

First, eliminate (2) out of the 3 Racetams and choose the one you like best...

Second, replace the MAO Inhibitor with Caffeine+L-Theanine at a 1:2 Ratio (Caffeine 100mg, L-Theanine 200mg).... I would stop taking Ginkgo because of some death related incidences.. but your choice...

Third, make sure the fish oil supplement you're taking has been detoxified from things like Mercury... with the benefits of having a good source of DHA, you could actually cause more damage by taking a supplement that hasn't been detoxidied.... To avoid any more damage, you could try taking a natural detoxifier like Spirulina or Beetroot juice if you have a juicer and live by a wholefoods store....

Best of Luck,

~Shane 

#4 VICREP

• Topic Starter
  • 160 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

First thing is first, you're taking way too many racetams... Second, you're taking an MAO Inhibitor (Deprenyl) which is going to increase Dopamine Levels, as well as Vitamin B6 which is also going to increase your levels of Dopamine.....It isn't the Citicoline that is causing your lack of motivation, and depressed mood. It is the fact that you're combining an MAO Inhibitor with a B6, and B1 Vitamin.. On top of that you're taking Ginkgo, a blood thinner with way too many Racetams, and one source of Choline..... I don't mean to be a smart ass here but I don't understand the question...

First, eliminate (2) out of the 3 Racetams and choose the one you like best...

Second, replace the MAO Inhibitor with Caffeine+L-Theanine at a 1:2 Ratio (Caffeine 100mg, L-Theanine 200mg).... I would stop taking Ginkgo because of some death related incidences.. but your choice...

Third, make sure the fish oil supplement you're taking has been detoxified from things like Mercury... with the benefits of having a good source of DHA, you could actually cause more damage by taking a supplement that hasn't been detoxidied.... To avoid any more damage, you could try taking a natural detoxifier like Spirulina or Beetroot juice if you have a juicer and live by a wholefoods store....

Best of Luck,

~Shane

How would excess dopamine be responsible for my issues? I have ADD and take the deprenyl in place of dextroamphetamine.

I can drop ginko, that's fine. But I have poor circulation (primary raynauds) which why I use the ginko. However I only use it sporadically.

I'm beginning to think that it's more related to taking too much choline initially without titrating my dose. I will cut back in my racetams and slowly titration my choline dose up.

I will report back

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 sylvan-k

• 11 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:55 PM

I've used alpha GPC and choline bitarate with very little effect.

Use DMAE and ALCAR instead. They can act as a choline source, remove lipofuscion, and have a nootropic effect by themselves. Both are part of my daily regimine. I dropped the alpha-gpc and haven't looked back. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam, oxiracetam, aniracetam, cdp choline

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users