Dear antler for depression

depression

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guardian4981

• 248 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 02:56 AM

Hello,

I have struggled with dysthymia most of my life.  I have tried alot of products and drugs, most all of which I discontinued due to either no benefit or some benefit with side effects I could not or did not want to tolerate.

I have been using dear antler extract pills, at only one a day I feel a moderate improvement, most notably an increase in motivation and libido.

I have tried using the dear antler spray, and I do not seem to get as much benefit as the extract pills.

I don't feel the hyped "igf" is what causes this benefit, as I have used colostrum which while helping alot in insulin sensitivity did not have any depression benefits.

I would assume there is some other kind of compound(s) in the antler that provides the depression benefit.  I would not declare this as the next best thing by any means, the benefit is mild, but yet strong enough to feel a difference and be worth taking. 

This stuff really has been amazing, I don't think I have felt this good ever in my life.  Confidence is up, motivation is up, and am not going into mania.

#2 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 04:03 AM

What are you using?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 Guardian4981

• Topic Starter
  • 248 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

http://www.swansonvi...-250-mg-60-caps

#4 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 08:53 PM

What's a moderate improvement and why would you be happy with that? I'd rather take synthetic shit that can actually cause pretty much full remission instead of deer antlers, bears skin and cowbladders causing a "moderate improvement"

Edited by medievil, 13 September 2014 - 08:54 PM.

#5 Guardian4981

• Topic Starter
  • 248 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:33 PM

What's a moderate improvement and why would you be happy with that? I'd rather take synthetic shit that can actually cause pretty much full remission instead of deer antlers, bears skin and cowbladders causing a "moderate improvement"

What "synthetic shit" are you speaking of?

Most "antidepressants" I have tried have side effects and over time lose effectiveness.  Also, most antidepressants tend to "help" one chemical while hurting another.  That is why people on SSRIs tend to have lower libido.

Anyways, I had a few drinks last night and this morning was feeling kind of lethargic and unmotivated.  I took the dear antler and an hour later I was cleaning up my room and taking care of all kinds of chores.

The best way I can describe the antler versus other compounds I have tried is it feels like I am simply a more productive and healthy version of myself versus the feeling of being hopped up on something like I get from alot of compounds I have tried.

And I do not believe its placebo because I originally bought the antler to help with some shoulder tendonitis I been dealing with.  Unfortunately it didn't seem to help the shoulder but I surprisingly found it enhanced my mood.

Edited by Guardian4981, 14 September 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#6 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:01 PM

Read my threads and you know what synthetic shit I talk about, srris,are weak crap

#7 sthira

• 2,008 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 03:31 AM

And I do not believe its placebo because I originally bought the antler to help with some shoulder tendonitis I been dealing with. Unfortunately it didn't seem to help the shoulder but I surprisingly found it enhanced my mood.

Interesting, and thank you for your report. How long have you been using this?

#8 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 04:39 AM

To the op, maybe i sounded to skeptical, could you define dysthemia in your case? i just read you mentioned that and its some form of anhedonia isnt it? Also i missed your succesfull anecdote, damn my reading ability improved dramatically after 5 days no sleep, i also just finished a goddamn long book while normally i cant focus enough to read one page.

SD increases da in some brainareas, anyway im going offtopic.

#9 Guardian4981

• Topic Starter
  • 248 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:05 PM

And I do not believe its placebo because I originally bought the antler to help with some shoulder tendonitis I been dealing with. Unfortunately it didn't seem to help the shoulder but I surprisingly found it enhanced my mood.

Interesting, and thank you for your report. How long have you been using this?

I been taking it 2 weeks now.

I describe dysthymia (spelled it wrong before) for myself as chronically low mood, poor motivation and lack of pleasure often leading to lower energy and libido. 

I am starting to find the dear antler seems to start "working" more after carbohydrate intake.  So if I take it on an empty stomach in the morning I do not feel much until after I eat lunch where I then feel a boost.  Carbs aid in "pushing through" amino acids to the brain that can be used for neurotransmitter production.  I would thus theorize on a high level the antler may somehow influence this production in a positive manner.

I also feel a boost during and after workouts.  This would again support the production idea.  Excercise in general boost mood because it clears out BCAAs leaving other aminos to be absorbed by the brain more easily. 

What I like about antler the most it is so far I feel it likely "helps" both serotonin and dopamine.  My issue in the past with so many compounds I have used it they seem to favor one over the other too much leaving me with side effects.

The only other compound I have used with some success is SAM-e, however with SAM-e I found it lost potency over time.  I also found that while it initially left me feeling balanced after a week or so it seemed to start favoring serotonin too much.

Edited by Guardian4981, 15 September 2014 - 02:06 PM.

#10 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:38 PM

Wait. The Deer antler increases afaik at least NGF and IGF

SSRI´s do this only with Bdnf.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#11 Guardian4981

• Topic Starter
  • 248 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:37 PM

The dear antler seemed to stop working for a couple days.  I took a moment to think over what may have changed.  I realized that I stopped taking the country lifes advanced B complex.

When I took the country life advanced B on its own I did not feel much benefit.

It seems the dear antler acts in synergy with the advanced B.  I am not sure what specific ingredient of the advanced B helps or multiple ingredients.  My guess would be either the P-5-P or the meythlfolate.

Now after 2 days of using them both I am returning to the good feeling I had before. 

Edited by Guardian4981, 18 September 2014 - 05:39 PM.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users