- - - - -

B complex nasal spray experiment

nasal spray nasal spray b complex

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dan1976

• 49 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:28 AM

I've been playing around with nasal administration lately. Nasal administration makes it easier for water-soluble substances to bypass the blood-brain-barrier and reach high concentrations into the brain.

TurboSnort is a caffeine nasal spray. The product does not work, unfortunately - because the dosage is very low. It is a homeopathic spray, I didn't know that when I bought it. Also, the liquid contains something very minty and it feels bad in the nose.

I have opened the TurboSnort spray by unscrewing it (it's very easy), threw away the remaining content, washed it very carefully and then I have put GNC B Liquid Complex, then sprayed 4 times, 2 in each nostril.

Surprisingly, this didn't hurt. Perhaps because the GNC Liquid B Complex is NOT minty like most nasal sprays.

The result was a short lived rush on the skin of my head and a bit of increased awareness. Not very spectacular, but it's clear that this route of administration works.

After 30 minutes or so I have tried to spray again. This time, the nostrils hurt like hell.

It is clear to me that spraying B complex damages the nasal mucous. Perhaps with a different composition of B complex this could be done safer (the liquid I used has a light red color and a sweet taste).

Other possible dangers of administering substances by insufflation:

- depending on the composition of the liquid, you could feed local bacteria or fungi and get or aggravate a sinusitis

- the liquid itself could contain some harmful bacteria, or grow some if it doesn't contain preservative

- damage to the nasal mucous and septum

Other things that could be interesting:

- make a true caffeine spray, capable of delivering 25 mg of caffeine (from my research on the web I think it's enough)

- B12 methylcobalamin spray

- modafinil

I could perhaps use a true caffeine spray as a "turbo boost" button once per month (in order not to risk damage to the nose mucosa).

#2 Steve Zissou

• 91 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 07:03 AM

You can already buy some b12 nasal sprays for around $10 or so on iherb.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nasal, spray, nasal spray, b complex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users