semax nootropics

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#61 thomasanderson2

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2015 - 02:34 PM

About using Selank or Semax SubQ:

I told a friend of mine - who's also used various nootropics - about my intention of trying Selank SubQ.

He was extremely cautionary about the injection route and left with a whole "parade of horribles" here's what he said:

"injection has the most risks by far as it bypasses the body's natural filtering mechanisms against viruses, bacteria and foreign objects. There is a greater risk of overdose, infections and health problems. - necrotising fasciitis - collapsed veins - thrombosis - ulcers at injection spots - GAS IN THE BLOOD - HEP"

Is he over-stating these risks?

How does one best safeguard against adverse effects?

#62 dz93

• 424 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 08:12 PM

I told a friend of mine - who's also used various nootropics - about my intention of trying Selank SubQ.
He was extremely cautionary about the injection route and left with a whole "parade of horribles" here's what he said:
"injection has the most risks by far as it bypasses the body's natural filtering mechanisms against viruses, bacteria and foreign objects. There is a greater risk of overdose, infections and health problems. - necrotising fasciitis - collapsed veins - thrombosis - ulcers at injection spots - GAS IN THE BLOOD - HEP"

Well, to start off, Semax is pretty well tolerated. I know of someone who has injected grams of it (20g I believe) on accident and did not experience any significant side effects. Just the typical bad headache, brain fog, etc.

Now, about the injection. I've never injected myself with anything before I've tried Semax. I was cautious about it too. I had all the same concerns you listed above (Except HEP...) However, it really isn't difficult to do everything properly. It wasn't even difficult to learn how to do it.

As long as you're purchasing your peptides from a reputable and trustable vendor, you shouldn't have to worry about risk of it containing any bacteria or virus. Not to mention you'll most likely be using bacteriostatic water or something similar to reconstitute your peptides.

When you do a SubQ or even an intramuscular injection, your not injecting into a vein. So there's no risk of a collapsed vein. You will want to cycle injection sites. Don't use the same site over and over because you may cause tissue damage over time.

As for air bubbles, just flick the syringe and you should be able to get them out easily. Not to mention, with the guage of the needle you'll be using, air bubbles wouldn't be large enough to cause any issue and, as I said above, you're not injecting into a vein.

HEP?! Are you sharing needles? Honestly, your friend greatly exaggerated the risks of a SubQ injection. In fact, diabetics typically administer insulin themselves through SubQ injection. So no, there is relatively little risk when performing a SubQ or IM injection on yourself. Just watch a few instructional videos online, make sure you use alcohol to sanitize you needle and injection site, and you should be fine. If you find that you're having troubles calculating the amount of fluid needed to reconstitute, just Google 'peptide calculator' or PM a member on here who may be able to help you calculate it.

Oh, and if you're nervous your first time and you try to put the needle in slow, you may feel pain. The quicker the better haha. But overall it's relatively pain free. You may notice a little reddening around the injection site and possibly a small lump, that's normal. The small lump is from the fluid that hasn't been absorbed yet and the redness is from slight irritation due to the injection. I've performed over 300 injections on myself in less than a year and have yet to have anything go wrong.

EDIT: Just realized that you'll be trying Selank and not Semax, as I thought above. The same still applies to Selank. Its well tolerated and low risk of overdose.

Also, I am very confident in my answer, however, someone please correct me if I'm wrong about anything I've posted. I'd rather be embarrassed than misinformed.

Edited by dz93, 12 November 2015 - 08:23 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#63 Louie77

• 35 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:43 PM

Back after a weekend off. Started my first dose of the week at 2mg in the morning and just took another 2mg shortly after lunch.

So on the first day off (Saturday) as the day went on I could definitely tell that I hadn't taken Semax that day but it became more obvious on Sunday. I certainly wanted to dose on Sunday simply because of certain events that were happening that day but I didn't. I didn't have any kind of addictive urge to take it but I definitely wanted to lol.

I just felt like normal during the weekend off. This morning when I took 2mg the effects were extremely subtle. More so than usual. The second dose of the day brought me back to the Semax feeling that I love.

My opinion still stands on this. Semax is a fantastic nootropic. I will continue to update with my experience as time goes on. I'm almost out of the 30mg I bought so hopefully I'm able to order more soon. I'd like to give you guys a somewhat long term experience report. At least two months of continuous use with two day breaks each week. I'd hate to run out and not get some for a while afterwards because it would mess up the experience report a little bit but I'll do what I can.

Where do you source your SEMAX? I've already gone through my first bottle from AwakeBrain because my partner also trialed it, from my bottle. I have a second order on its way, along with a box of CEREBRAIM that they threw in for free. I found that I had to up my dose considerably toward the end (600mcg per dose) to achieve any perceptible effects. However, judging from the doses being administered by users on this board, I still am taking relatively low doses. I would have to purchase their 1% formulation to reach those doses, but at $140 for a 3ml bottle, with only 60 drops per vial, 1 gram per day would measure out to a mere 30-day supply. One hundred forty dollars per month is quite a hefty price tag. I know Ceretropic was one of the first vendors to carry it so I'll nosey on over to their site and check out the prices.

I would like to continue on this substance because at the higher dose (600mcg at once), I felt very clear-headed and, despite it reportedly being anxiogenic, an accompanying anxiolytic effect. Perhaps at higher doses (~1 gram) it would exert an anxiogenic effect. I'll have to try it and see.

if you don't mind me asking where did you purchase your semax from? i'm trying to find one in the states or a good company that will send it to me without any problems. 

Please let me know when you have a moment.

#64 PalmAnita

• 97 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:22 AM

Awakebrain is seriously overpriced, they sell products that cost 500 rubles or so in Russia (around 5$) for 40$ if I'm right ... think ceretropic for example has better prices, they don't sell the original products but they're legit too. 

Semax is interesting, but I found it to be too stimulating for me and it came with a methylphenidate-like crash / rebound after a couple of hours. Selank is better, purely anxiolytic.. but I'll try the semax again probably in other dosages. 

#65 Louie77

• 35 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:32 PM

Awakebrain is seriously overpriced, they sell products that cost 500 rubles or so in Russia (around 5$) for 40$ if I'm right ... think ceretropic for example has better prices, they don't sell the original products but they're legit too. 

Semax is interesting, but I found it to be too stimulating for me and it came with a methylphenidate-like crash / rebound after a couple of hours. Selank is better, purely anxiolytic.. but I'll try the semax again probably in other dosages. 

Thanks i tried to buy it from ceretropic but they has issue with there site. My whole thing is understanding how many sprays you have to take. From reading on the forum it looks like 2 one for each side. But how do you know what the dosage is? How many sprays a day or and how long should it last is my whole thing.

#66 BasicBiO

• 159 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:07 AM

He's definitely overstating some of those risks. I do agree on the ease at which one could overdose, but after that he seems to think you would be using some used needles you found in a back alley. Just follow proper aseptic injection protocol with a new needle every time and there should be no issues. That said, I really think intranasal works wonderfully for SEMAX, so I don't why one would go through all the hassle of injections.

#67 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 09:30 AM

Currently trying the nasal semax spray from ceretropic.

First time usage I felt pretty woozy/lethargic from it, possibly even a little depressed. Second use onwards I'm feeling pretty 'sharp', but nothing incredible honestly. Perhaps it's mostly useful on a bad, brainfoggy day. Otherwise I think the effect is on the 'subtle' side of things. I might wanna try amidate version next.

#68 Sleepdealer

• 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2015 - 06:13 AM

I've done two 6 day trials with Ceretropics nasal Semax spray. To me it doesn't seem to do anything useful. No energy, motivation or drive. I just notice a stronger sense of sexual thoughts and attraction. I learned that Semax does something to the melanocortin 4 receptors, that are linked to sexual desire and are the targets for the substance PT-141, but I'm not exactly sure how it works.

#69 AlexCanada

• 263 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:50 AM

Unappealing effects from semax for me thus far. Around 4 hours ago I've taken the nasal spray x2. At first I wasn't sure what to think but seemed like an initial pro-energy reaction. Yet within 20 minutes or so things would begin to become more cloudy. Within an hour I became sooo sleepyyy omg. My body became bit cold too (maybe unrelated as I been having this issue every day lately at various times due to my poor hormones). But the brain fog and difficulty processing information would be profound. 4+ hours later this is still going on. I was enjoying a tv show on a minor level earlier and after the semax I just cannot process the information nearly as well. Difficult to follow conversations. Colors feel fuller and brighter. The perception of visuals is enhanced in some way. A tv show would appear at times like it moving at 50% enhanced frame rate. Some visual fluidity but an unusual sense of calmness and lack of excitement,  lack of engagement.  Very difficult to explain. I find myself in a bit of a stupor right now. I find myself wanting to do something... yet find it impossible to derive pleasure out of it :(.  It's like I'm really missing dopamine + whatever out of all this (even if i take ritalin). But I really have no clue.

I wonder why this unappealing semax effect might this be? I even tried adding some low dose ritalin to try and salvage the morning and while the effects can be minorly felt I just feel impaired in some way,  unable to properly access my thoughts. I generally have a lot of problems with cognition already. For the record I have very low testosterone, low estrogen, supressed ACTH, low cortisol, hypothyroid, low energy, orthostatic hypertension, circulation problems, severe memory issues, strong anhedonia, lack of pleasure and lack of motivation.

I also take low dose valium (slow taper), micro dose effexor (yesterday), Bromelian 200mg, Pantothenic Acid B5 30mg, Lysine 60mg, omega epa 300mg / dha 25mg and few others.

Maybe semax just isn't right for me. If I was in a healthier state perhaps I could appreciate what it does. Color boost + visual fluidity is very obvious. Yet I feel almost an SSRI like brain fog effect. 

Edited by AlexCanada, 18 December 2015 - 11:54 AM.

#70 AlexCanada

• 263 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:53 AM

I've done two 6 day trials with Ceretropics nasal Semax spray. To me it doesn't seem to do anything useful. No energy, motivation or drive. I just notice a stronger sense of sexual thoughts and attraction. I learned that Semax does something to the melanocortin 4 receptors, that are linked to sexual desire and are the targets for the substance PT-141, but I'm not exactly sure how it works.

I notice more fondness for people's appearances actually!  But not any increased sexual appetite. Easier to see the ''charisma'' in people I think.

Edited by AlexCanada, 18 December 2015 - 11:54 AM.

#71 vtrader

• 235 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:24 AM

I'm glad I read this thread first, have been trying to get hold of semax in the UK. But no one has them in stock, looked at getting from a few other places, but too much hasle, like they only accept bitcoins payment now.

So it's not the wow super nootropic enough to warrent the hasle of getting it?

#72 Sleepdealer

• 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:07 PM

I'm glad I read this thread first, have been trying to get hold of semax in the UK. But no one has them in stock, looked at getting from a few other places, but too much hasle, like they only accept bitcoins payment now.

I forgot to mention that I had done the lumosity introduction tests while off and on semax. There was a subtle increase in performance, but it seemed to decline the more days I was on it. But personally I don't find the results that significant. To some people it seems to deliver, but in some cases don't. Again, personally, I would say depending on what exactly you are trying to improve or remedy, keep comparing with other substances before settling for a product to buy.

#73 Irishdude

• 102 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:25 PM

Theres very little hassle converting to bitcoins and buying. If you do it once you wont find it trouble again plus it offers you anonymity if you mix the bitcoins before buying. It also hides your actions from the bank.

#74 vtrader

• 235 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:42 PM

My initial interest was from the hype that I read about, it sounded like one of those all rounders that would solve many issues. My main reason was to release that cloud of depression, become clear minded, focused, motivated, quick minded, on the ball, remove social anxiety.

While I am taking a holistic approach and not relying of drugs to solve these issues. Life ain't going to wait for me to get better, at times opportunties are going to happen and not being at my best is going to cost me.

#75 Sleepdealer

• 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:28 PM

Ok. Well, basically, it's an analogue of a hormone that increases cortisol levels. It might be tough on you in the long run if used too much. Wether or not that will help you we won't know until you try it or have a blood test done to check your levels of cortisol.  If you already have sufficient levels then maybe trying another approach is suitable. Like acetyl-l-carnitine or something like that: https://examine.com/...ts/l-carnitine/   It shows quite promising results in brains of rats at least, such as increased glucose consumption in the nucleus accumbens (although more notably in older rats, even if these effects are recorded in young mice too), and getting it probably won't be a big hassle. :) Or keep looking for something else. Has anything else caught your interest?

#76 vtrader

• 235 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 10:51 PM

I think I need to lower cortisol, lots of sleepness nights and get stressed in an instant on the smallest things.

I think i am i non repsonder or build tolerance to many things that I have tried. Tried the usual nootropics(pir,pram,oxi,ani,phpir,noop) and amino acids(ALCAR, l-tyrosine). They worked the first few times then nothing.

#77 maik2013

• 43 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 10:55 AM

Unappealing effects from semax for me thus far. Around 4 hours ago I've taken the nasal spray x2. At first I wasn't sure what to think but seemed like an initial pro-energy reaction. Yet within 20 minutes or so things would begin to become more cloudy. Within an hour I became sooo sleepyyy omg. My body became bit cold too (maybe unrelated as I been having this issue every day lately at various times due to my poor hormones). But the brain fog and difficulty processing information would be profound. 4+ hours later this is still going on. I was enjoying a tv show on a minor level earlier and after the semax I just cannot process the information nearly as well. Difficult to follow conversations. Colors feel fuller and brighter. The perception of visuals is enhanced in some way. A tv show would appear at times like it moving at 50% enhanced frame rate. Some visual fluidity but an unusual sense of calmness and lack of excitement,  lack of engagement.  Very difficult to explain. I find myself in a bit of a stupor right now. I find myself wanting to do something... yet find it impossible to derive pleasure out of it :(.  It's like I'm really missing dopamine + whatever out of all this (even if i take ritalin). But I really have no clue.

I wonder why this unappealing semax effect might this be? I even tried adding some low dose ritalin to try and salvage the morning and while the effects can be minorly felt I just feel impaired in some way,  unable to properly access my thoughts. I generally have a lot of problems with cognition already. For the record I have very low testosterone, low estrogen, supressed ACTH, low cortisol, hypothyroid, low energy, orthostatic hypertension, circulation problems, severe memory issues, strong anhedonia, lack of pleasure and lack of motivation.

I also take low dose valium (slow taper), micro dose effexor (yesterday), Bromelian 200mg, Pantothenic Acid B5 30mg, Lysine 60mg, omega epa 300mg / dha 25mg and few others.

Maybe semax just isn't right for me. If I was in a healthier state perhaps I could appreciate what it does. Color boost + visual fluidity is very obvious. Yet I feel almost an SSRI like brain fog effect. 

I'm joining the club, Semax just doesn't work for me. I feel more alert on Semax, but i lack the focus to get things done intellectually. I usually work on my supplement plan, research supplements, clean the house or work out.  It's not a total fail in this regard, because that would be watching porn,tv or play computer games. I'm very far away from that on it, i kind of do important tasks while on it, but nothing top level like coding or math, which are my main tasks. I'm also very far away from that as well.  The effects i have described so far, are similar for me on Mucuna Pruriens. So i think it could be a dopamine issue also, but too much of it, or too much sided on it. I also feel the occasional extreme sleepiness, cold extremities and lack of excitement while on it. I can't understand at all, how people can get intellectual things done while on it. Brains are just different. I have seen at least one other similar experience on Reddit. 

#78 linlin92

• 53 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 07:26 AM

Love the Semax and all its variations so far (yes I try them all). Clear headedness first thing in the morning without having to make a coffee is the best thing ever. Just 2 sprays, one in each nostril and then again later in the afternoon on the odd occasion I want to perk up.

Anyway here's my question - Does anyone have the Ceretropic N-acetyl Semax amidate 200mcg spray product and find that after a few days, the sprayer becomes blocked?

I have removed it and soaked it in warm water to see if it clears up any crystallization that may be blocking the hole, but it still doesn't dispense as good as when I first got it. So def not getting 200mcg a spray and its hard to second guess how much to use.

Any ideas?

#79 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 12:15 PM

I've been researching this Russian Nootropic and with Semax, more than any other Nootropic ingredient I've researched, I kept coming across Biohackers saying that it's the best smart drug they've ever tried. So I was quiet excited when the post office notified me that my package of Nootropics had arrived from Moscow.

Opening the package, I'll admit I was a bit disappointed at the diminutive size of the little bottle of .01% Semax.

Day 1
I tried it that afternoon without any other Nootropics. I took a drop in each nostril, it has almost no scent or distinct property whatsoever - a pretty painless Nootropic to take. The effect was not underwhelming, although I was a bit sleep deprived from a sexual marathon the night before. I got tired in the mid afternoon had an unremarkable meditation session. It did not help much with the sleep deprivation. I stored it in the refrigerator.

Day 2
I upped the dosage to a drop in each nostril in the morning and the same in the afternoon; so 4 drops total. This time there was more of a noticeable and almost immediate effect upon doing the afternoon dose. It has a subtle cognitive enhancing effect, I'm feeling a bit more focused although not really energetic. My hearing is a bit more sensitive. I did meditation after the second dose, it was a pretty good meditation session.

Day 3
Again I did 2 drops in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. I got really irate after taking the second dosage because my roommate was smoking in the house, although I'm sure if the Semax had anything to do with that. It may have just been because my roommate. I did some meditation which assuaged the irritation. A few hour later I met some friends for dinner and had a nice Czech beer, there was no noticeable interaction with the Semax.

Day 4
I did 2 drops in the morning and 4 in the afternoon. I noticed my focus was particularly myopic as I worked for hours on end, although my breath counting meditation revealed that I wasn't more focused than I usually am using Racetams or Modafinil. Later that evening I want out with my girlfriend and had a glass of wine and a beer, I noticed that I felt that I had drank a bit more than that though. I felt a bit drunk and I don't get drunk off two drinks. Better to not drink anymore with Semax in my system.

Day 5
I did 4 drops in the morning and two in the afternoon. I had a pretty productive sales call.

Day 6
I did two drops in the morning and two in the afternoon but I combined it with Vinotropil from RUPharma which is a combination of Piracetam and Vinpocetine of which I did two capsules in the morning and one in the afternoon. While doing meditation on this stack in the afternoon I was a bit overcome with the pharmacologically induced narcissistic optimism that I I've talked about before; a sensation that I imagine being somewhat akin to a Jedi dabbling with the dark side of the force; a feeling of being able to tap into a vast reserve of internal power. A feeling a Titanic confidence. A feeling of being indomitable. 
Grandiose pros, I know, more accurately I felt it was a state of relaxed arousal.
I was a bit sleep deprived from the romp the night before, this stack helped me to a stay focused and productive but I would not say that I totally assuaged my sleep deprivation the way that Tyrosine or Modafinil do.

Shipping
As I've talked about elsewhere international shipping is a tremendous pain in the ass for Biohackers outside of the US. I'm here in a European country that is notoriously difficult to get Nootropics shipped into. I expected to have to do deal with a bunch of shipping BS; forms, VAT fees and waiting around. Yet I was pleasantly surprised when the package arrived in about a week and I was able to pick it up with no hassle from the post office. So I recommend RUPharma highly to Biohackers in Europe who are frustrated with dealing with international shipping.

In conclusion...
I call it the caviar of Russian Nootropics because it's really quiet pricey. This little bottle which is about a week's supply is 22 euros. However, like I said in my research I kept coming across quiet experienced Biohackers who used it long term saying that it's the best Nootropic they've used so it maybe worth it. It has an interesting BDNF mechanism that works on long term memory in supposedly quiet transformative ways so it maybe some people's real personal NZT-48. 
It's an interesting Nootropic, I wish I had more of it!

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#80 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 June 2021 - 09:45 AM

Before you take drugs like semax make sure your not deficient in vitamins (like b vitamins) as that can stagger the effectiveness but also the drugs more likely can then cause damages like seizure. Especially if you been deficient for a longer period of time. Taking just one vitamin out of all the ones your deficient in wont work as you need them ALL to heal PROPERLY.(most important ones)

Edited by kurdishfella, 14 June 2021 - 10:34 AM.

• Agree x 1

#81 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 December 2021 - 12:11 AM

If you increase BNDF you also need to increase every other thing in brain for it to work 100% effectively like gdnf, ngf, growth hormone, dopamine etc as they all work and depend on each other together

Edited by kurdishfella, 17 December 2021 - 12:11 AM.

#82 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2022 - 10:33 PM

your gonna feel dumb as fk when you get off it

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#83 kurdishfella

• 2,397 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 April 2022 - 03:45 PM

It caused me seizures. But I would try the more easier to get nootropic instead of the harder ones to get because the popular supplements are more reliable to access. You can use a combination of supplements and herbs/mushrooms  to get about the same effects as synthetic semax, like 7,8 dhf + lions mane .

Edited by kurdishfella, 16 April 2022 - 03:49 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: semax, nootropics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users