• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

If I split a Wellbutrin XR in half, would it act as instant release?

wellbutrin

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:45 PM

Question is in the topic.

#2 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:02 PM

are you trying to get high on wellbutrin?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:06 PM

are you trying to get high on wellbutrin?

Wouldn't be the first time I heard of this, but you would have to snort it. ^_^

That being said, OP, no I don't think cutting an XR in half would make it short release, and I hope you aren't planning on snorting the XR's, because that would hurt, these things have stronger coatings than SR I believe.

Also you can't just change an XR to SR by cutting it, the molecular formula and preservatives are different to make it XR - it has nothing to do with the how much of the pill you take. It's about the pill being made differently.

#4 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 September 2014 - 10:54 PM

When I was on Wellbutrin XR, I would normally let the pill dissolve in my mouth. It takes awhile but it did hit way harder. And I did feel a mild high from it similar to cocaine. It ended up making me feel paranoid, giving me weird feelings in my chest, etc. It also raises the seizure threshold so it might be dangerous to take with certain nootropics. So yeah I do not recommend wellbutrin long-term. I felt it had no medical value and I ended up throwing it away.

• like x 1

#5 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 13 September 2014 - 11:50 PM

LOL getting high of wellbutrin, chemical wire research chemical website as ppl doing that must be completely unable to get recreational stuff lol.

Well button is shit, it's pretty much selective for ne, I'd say long term low dose dmaa or ephedrine would be more effective with less side effects.

When I was on Wellbutrin XR, I would normally let the pill dissolve in my mouth. It takes awhile but it did hit way harder. And I did feel a mild high from it similar to cocaine. It ended up making me feel paranoid, giving me weird feelings in my chest, etc. It also raises the seizure threshold so it might be dangerous to take with certain nootropics. So yeah I do not recommend wellbutrin long-term. I felt it had no medical value and I ended up throwing it away.

Fuck the coke you get must be complete shit.

#6 OneScrewLoose

• Topic Starter
  • 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 September 2014 - 06:25 AM

I plan on snorting it and then seizing for an indefinite amount of time while I listen to Skrillex in order to attempt to develop dance moves that can go along with Dubstep.

Fuck. No. That's about one of the dumbest drugs you can snort. Sometimes I just don't want it to last all day.

I asked because for any XR, it says not to crush or split, so I assumed that the coating or layers also has something to do with the extended release.

Edited by OneScrewLoose, 18 September 2014 - 06:40 AM.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#7 airplanepeanuts

• 352 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:09 PM

I would advice against snorting it. Very caustic.

#8 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:21 PM

I plan on snorting it and then seizing for an indefinite amount of time while I listen to Skrillex in order to attempt to develop dance moves that can go along with Dubstep.

Fuck. No. That's about one of the dumbest drugs you can snort. Sometimes I just don't want it to last all day.

I asked because for any XR, it says not to crush or split, so I assumed that the coating or layers also has something to do with the extended release.

Yeah coating would interfere with the ability to snort it unless you are looking to cut up the inside of your nose.

I would also advise against it - also wellbutrin really isn't that great. 

I mean I used to do it when there is nothing else around - but other than that..nah...

I would rather use an ECA stack.

Edited by Area-1255, 18 September 2014 - 11:22 PM.

#9 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:36 AM

I would use ephedrine or dmaa in low doses instead, ne releasing agents are better, wellbutrin is one too but a weak one, its effects on da are too little to cause any da effect.

#10 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:43 AM

I would use ephedrine or dmaa in low doses instead, ne releasing agents are better, wellbutrin is one too but a weak one, its effects on da are too little to cause any da effect.

dmaa ....dimethylamylamine....? A cAMP mimetic if so...not really a dopaminergic..though it does speed dopamine synthesis from tyrosine.

Ephedrine is interesting ....as I said - ECA stacks are awesome...YCA is goo too.

#11 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:49 AM

dmaa the ephedrine replacement, they purely act on ne just like wellbutrin pretty much.

#12 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:57 AM

dmaa the ephedrine replacement, they purely act on ne just like wellbutrin pretty much.

Don't forget that norepinephrine Reuptake transporter inactivates dopamine in some brain regions.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/11784783

#13 Sciencyst

• 272 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

I had the exact same experience. I had just received the prescription, and knowing it was a stimulant, I didn't want it to keep me up all night, so I chewed it. It made me very very paranoid and uncomfortable feeling.

#14 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:40 PM

hahahaha this made me fall on the floor

#15 Area-1255

• 1,515 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:45 PM

hahahaha this made me fall on the floor

It's very interesting, but years back...I've found that both anticholinergics and some cholinergics had wrecked libido, but with totally different effects on mood. Low Acetylcholine = hostility, pessimism and insane aggression.....High Ach = blank minded, and numb.

Also I got cold chills with high Ach and was very sensitive to cold weather..which is odd. With low Ach I felt like my body was on fire which must contribute to the aggressiveness as well.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#16 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:34 PM

^ i would think its opposite, low ach is associated with blank state, stale behavior and high ach with agression nervousness and pessimism

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wellbutrin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users