• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

it would be great if there was correspondance between assisted suicide and cryonics groups

cryonic

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ceridwen

• 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 17 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

Not quite sure how to set this up but I am likely to require help from both of these and I'm sure that there may be others in the future who would require such assistance. This might possibly save lives and I know everyone is getting really excited about the prospect of never having to die but one never knows what will happen. I hoped that this wouldn't happen to me. Explaining ourselves to assisted suicide groups with an option for those who wish to be cryogenically suspended so that they know and can make provisions for those who want a special death . It would save a great deal of unnecessary explanation and make cryonics a more acceptable option too I think.

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:43 PM

ceridwen, why do you think that you will be in need of either assisted suicide or cryonics?   Has any doctor diagnosed you?   What medications are you taking?

#3 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:41 PM

ceridwen, do you mean eutanasia? Do you want to be eutanised and to apply cryonics on your body?

#4 YOLF

Posted 17 September 2014 - 06:39 PM

Ceri has dementia and is progressing towards Alzheimers. She'd like a better preservation than one at the end of AD. If she's diagnosed, I wish her the best. 

#5 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:29 PM

Ceri has dementia and is progressing towards Alzheimers. She'd like a better preservation than one at the end of AD. If she's diagnosed, I wish her the best. 

Ceridwen has speculated that he/she has a viral brain infection, Alzheimers, a TBI, and probably a couple other things, but I don't think that there has been any diagnosis to that effect from a doctor.  I suspect that something else is going on, and that euthanasia is not appropriate.   I hope that ceridwen will clarify regarding diagnoses, prognoses, and medications.

As far as the idea of connecting assisted suicide groups with cryonics groups, that's kind of interesting.  There's a significant danger that the cryonics people would be viewed as vultures coming in to take money from desperate people, so it would really need to be done with a great deal of sensitivity.  If it turned into a tabloid headline about body-snatching ghouls, that could do a lot of damage to cryonics in general.

• like x 1

#6 YOLF

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:21 PM

Still, if she's got a brain related illness that no one can figure out, why make her live if she doesn't want to. That seems to be a constant. If all she needs is a simple ABX or something like that and we cryopreserve her, that's a fail, but if she has some permanent problem she'd rather not live with and which will get worse, freezing her until we find a cure is the most ethical option. No one should have to suffer dysfunction or ill health.

If someone can't be cured and is kept alive so we can give them drugs with limited efficacy, outcome, and less than desirable lives and we keep them around, isn't it worse that this person is filling the pockets of the pharma industry? A high standard of care is called for, if it can't be provided, we'd be better of waiting it out than letting it ripple through our lives and suffering positive thinking.

#7 ceridwen

• Topic Starter
  • 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:26 PM

Thank Perc I had a 2 hours MRI on my brain and spine last week. I should get the news next week. From what I've read I afraid it's Alzheimer's anyway I Feel very very ill indeed. Cognitive problems tinnitus memory loss. Fighting very very hard to feel like me! It is very hard to get a proper diagnosis even with the MRI I was told I might not get a diagnosis. I am feeling ceremony every ill even though I take nootropics in a desperate attempt to regrow my brain. Very frightened like all of you I really don't want to die!

#8 ceridwen

• Topic Starter
  • 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:29 PM

I think I meant to write. I am feeling very very ill but this spell checker on my phone plus the loss of cognition. I'm sorry.

#9 YOLF

Posted 18 September 2014 - 05:42 AM

Best of luck.

#10 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

ceridwen,

Sorry to hear that you're having so many cognitive problems, I've been there.

I didn't get much benefit from nootropics personally, and nothing ever seemed to work for very long.

Look into Ray Peat when you can.

#11 ceridwen

• Topic Starter
  • 1,292 posts

Member Away

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:26 AM

Thanks

#12 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,213 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

My oppinion always has been live to the last (even with Alchaimer) and then cryo yurself if you like.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cryonic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users