- - - - -

Stack to mitigate low grade depression and improve energy levels

nootropic stack anxiety depression motivation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jjshabadoo

• 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 04:38 PM

Appreciate any thoughts on this stack. I'm interested in finding something not only for me, but that can act as a possible starting point for patients I work with.

Been reading and researching for about a year and doing some self tests and tracking on myself. I understand that nothing replaces, a healthy diet, excellent sleep and consistent exercise(which I have been doing steadily for two years). I meditate and read daily.

Stack is Mon through Friday only. I use snus, which is a nicotine product, throughout the day.

Am one hour before food 

NAC(time release) - 600mg

NALT – 200mg
DLPA – 500mg
l-theanine 250mg
NADH  5mg
Ashwaghanda - 500mg extract
l tryptophan - 500mg
modafinil 50mg

After first meal

b-complex
cal-mag-zinc
sulbutiamine -500mg
Alpha GPC 300mg - maybe every other day at most(1 to 2x week)
aniracetam – 750mg
caffeine 100 to 120mg(1 cup brewed coffee)
fish oil - 1250mg 
Ashwaghanda - 500mg extract

Afternoon pre-lunch
L-theanine 250mg
l-tryptophan 500mg
NALT - 200mg

After meal
aniracetam – 750mg

Bedtime (90 minutes before)
L-tryptophan - 1000mg
Melatonin - 1mg
chamomile tea

Pros: Notice solid motivation and ability to focus on tasks. Mood is elevated. Anxiety levels are lower even with external stressors. Chronic neck pain and wrist pain is lower or non-existent. Sleep improved after adding l-tryptophan to my regular melatonin.(I have been tracking my sleep for over a year with sleep as android) 

Cons: The occasional headache(I normally have none) which is why I've added the alpha GPC on occasion. Also increased libido, which I don't really need...lol(thankfully) it can be annoying though. I was finding more aggression with higher doses of NALT and/or DLPA so I backed those down to the current dosages and this seems to have gone away. 

Based on some urine testing, a few Doctor's input and some online tests/observations(I realize all of these are largely unreliable to determine true neurotransmitter levels). My thoughts were I tend to be dopamine deficient, serotonin slightly low, choline dominant and higher GABA. Of course this is only a small part of anyone's mental health picture, but we need some data to help us find a starting point.

I have developed this stack over 6 months through slow additions. I started with l-theanine and caffeine only. I added in the dopamine focused stuff like NALT, sulbutiamine and DLPA at first. Found aggression was way too high. I added aniracetam and still had some aggression issues, so I added the l-tryptophan more theanine and the ashwaghanda. Been taking melatonin for years. FYI, I would never be called an aggressive person by anyone, thus I knew this was a side effect of some sort early on and can be typical of elevated dopamine levels.

Thoughts? Cautions? Tweaks?

#2 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:47 AM

Try individual things untill you might find something that completely cures you, this goes from coluracetam to cerbrolysin, maybe amt, amphetamine with mem and naltrexone if addictive potential is an issue or whatever, its very individual, once you find something that cures you on its own the releive you get is tremendously better then taking things that help ive noticed, you might suddenly feel normal, something you didnt miss before like i had with amphetamine when i first tried it, while ritalin helped me years before but didnt make me feel normal, after i felt normal it was amazing and it was unrelated to euphoria, i remained normal the full next day long after amp worn off.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 jjshabadoo

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:18 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have been slowly building to this stack trying to keep it balanced and without crossing into anything which may potentially be habit forming.

My one drawback early on was the irritability, but now I feel that has been mitigated by the tryptophan and ashwaghanda to some degree, while lowering dosages of dlpa and NALT.

My concern is making sure I'm not heading toward any longer-term interactions with any of these noots or whether some should be cycled. Also considering adding deprynyl and have experimented with some tianeptiine a little with good results.

#4 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:27 PM

mate email me at the adress i posted in one and well discuss your personal issues so i can give you some suggestions that would only help you

#5 jjshabadoo

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:49 PM

Not seeing and email address...Happy to get some help though!

Thanks

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#6 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:59 PM

medievilone@Safe-mail.net

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropic stack, anxiety, depression, motivation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users