Curcumin

curcumin

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 stan08

• 175 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:28 PM

Which is everyone's preferred type/brand for inflammation, depression, etc. - Meriva, Longvida or BCM-95?  Follow-up question, since the listed forms are bound/combined with other ingredients (phospholipids) can they be taken without food or would absorption still be better with food?

#2 albedo

• 2,063 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:17 PM

I am taking BCM-95

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 stan08

• Topic Starter
  • 175 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:18 PM

I am taking BCM-95

Notice anything from it? I just started taking Meriva (1g/day).

#4 albedo

• 2,063 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:22 PM

Not really but my hr-CRP is pretty good at 0.4.

#5 metabrain

• 302 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:03 PM

I like to make Turmeric scrambled eggs as follows

3 Eggs with Olive Oil

A few sprinkles of Finely ground black pepper

Whisk until scrambled, then when ready add a tiny bit more black pepper.

It is far cheaper to buy Turmeric and Black pepper separately.

#6 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:01 PM

I buy the raw root and eat it with eggs, oil, some ginger and black pepper. I always heat it up a bit before eating it. I try to chew some roots at the end of the meal so my teeth are thoroughly colored yellow. That might give some sublingual administration is the hours that follows although it looks atrocious.

• like x 1

#7 metabrain

• 302 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:03 PM

Turmeric is very staining, does that not bleach your teeth orange? The Ginger is that worth adding? It's anti inflammatory too right?

#8 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:08 PM

It disappears after a few hours, it definitely stains my brush yellow when I use it to remove it but my teeth do not retain color from it on a long-term basis. In fact I have heard many claims that it can be used for whitening purposes, but those claims have a smell of bro-science to them. I think the root is worth it. Ginger is worth adding, it has a long number of benefits of it's own and it seems to improve the uptake of turmeric to some degree though it might be a small effect. Sometimes I eat the fresh root of ginger, it has a strong flavor but very refreshing. I always do this early in the day since it actually keeps me awake at night if I do it in the afternoon.

#9 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:15 AM

Some promising news on Turmeric

http://www.longecity...of-nerve-cells/

#10 HoldingTheFaith

• 195 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:43 AM

Not really but my hr-CRP is pretty good at 0.4.

Another placebo supplement seemingly, I mean for the mental aspect purpose. That it lowers inflammation is pretty blatant.

I got hooked on it theorically because also helps a lot with the chronic stress model of depression of rats (HPA axis) and shit, but so many things look good on paper and later is just a pill and I am still a crazy motherfucker. I don´t care much about being moderately deranged which is better than being part of the opaque herd, but insomnia, depression, social anxiety, ADD, these things aren´t fun.

Edited by HoldingTheFaith, 26 September 2014 - 11:47 AM.

• dislike x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 albedo

• 2,063 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

Sorry HoldingTheFaith, I do not understand your point. Do you agree curcumin can lower inflammation or you attribute this only to placebo?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: curcumin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users