Supplements for pregnancy?

brain health

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ltd

• 19 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:40 PM

Good evening all,
I remember reading a year or two ago about a member who had given supplements to his pregnant wife to boost the intelligence of their baby in utero. The member stated that this significantly boosted his child's intelligence.
Can anybody recall this thread?
Is this safe?
Is it worth investigating?
I'll appreciate your assistance in this regard.
Thank you.
Ltd

#2 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 12:34 AM

Perhaps taking the uridine combo can make your child more intelligent, or injecting cerebrolysin, most ppl would say its bad advice but im sure the uridine combo is safe, some geniusses have massively increased neurogenesis or neurotrophic factors in their brain and can have kids, the problem is finding a woman, ppl that are intelligent usually dont take much care of apearance of are social, ive been both in the past before shizo without stims i was a non social nerd, on mdma or amphetamine i suddenly lost all intrest in the things i was learning and was only interested in talking to everyone, became extremely social and was identical to the sterotype of someone popular thats less intelligent.

Its interesting how the brain modulates this.

Oh supposedly lmethylfolate during pregnancy turns of genes that cauld increase the risk of mental health issues but i dunno how true that claim is, it came for a highly reputable site.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Ltd

• Topic Starter
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 09:04 PM

Hi Medievil, thanks for your feedback. I will keep looking, because the user that posted was emphatic about what he had given his wife and the positive effects it had had on his child, I.e. Child spoke very early and was responsive and aware from only a few months old.
I will look into uridine, as we are looking to have a second kid soon.

#4 Metagene

• 674 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:22 PM

Search Mr. Happy's post history.

http://www.reddit.co...in_development/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 noot_in_the_sky

• 287 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:33 PM

Have you concider Magnesium L-threonate, since it is just a form of magnesium it probably is very safe for an infant.

There is also Arachidonic acid, here is some info about it from wikipedia https://en.wikipedia...rachidonic_acid:

Brain

Arachidonic acid is one of the most abundant fatty acids in the brain, and is present in similar quantities to docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). The two account for approximately 20% of its fatty acid content.[12] Like DHA, neurological health is reliant upon sufficient levels of arachidonic acid. Among other things, arachidonic acid helps to maintain hippocampal cell membrane fluidity.[13] It also helps protect the brain from oxidative stress by activating peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma.[14] ARA also activates syntaxin-3 (STX-3), a protein involved in the growth and repair of neurons.[15]

Arachidonic acid is also involved in early neurological development. In one study funded by the U.S. National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, infants (18 months) given supplemental arachidonic acid for 17 weeks demonstrated significant improvements in intelligence, as measured by the Mental Development Index.[16] This effect is further enhanced by the simultaneous supplementation of ARA with DHA.

In adults, the disturbed metabolism of ARA contributes to neurological disorders such as Alzheimer's disease and Bipolar disorder.[17] This involves significant alterations in the conversion of arachidonic acid to other bioactive molecules (overexpression or disturbances in the ARA enzyme cascade).

Edited by noot_in_the_sky, 21 September 2014 - 04:36 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brain health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users