- - - - -

Racetams with SSRIs?

racetams

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ThatGuy

• 12 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

I would like to inquire if anybody on this forum is currently taking any racetams(mostly phenylpiracetm) will on an SSRI?

Now, I know most will probably say or think check with your Doctor. Truth is I did before I started on an SSRI, and my doctor(actually a PA) wasn't even exactly sure what "Nootropics" were. I just shook my head, and figure i'd stop with nootropics for awhile, but I still feel like I'm lacking the "energy and motivation" and was thinking of giving phenylpiracetam a try.

#2 ThatGuy

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:43 PM

Off to a bad start, thought I posted this under the Nootropic Stacks section, please feel free to move mods.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ThatGuy

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 06:52 PM

Nobody? *crickets*

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 PeopleProgrammer

• 25 posts

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:28 AM

The biggest nootropic possible for you right now is to first go off of the SSRI's.

the drugs do not elevate mood by merely increasing serotonin levels, but rather they stabilize levels of serotonin. since SSRIs do initially increase serotonin levels, there is more agonistic activity at serotonin receptors (including autoreceptors). this results in serotonin release inhibition and other mechanisms of negative feedback. this effect is often noted as severe emotional blunting. if serotonin lasts longer in each synapse, then each synapse (and thus each association or emotion) is active longer and since less serotonin is released emotions become stable and monotonous. this is both my (research substantiated) theory and my own experience.

in some cases the honeymoon period on these drugs can be pretty great, but this has never been my personal experience. YMMV, but my recommendation is to try other things like selegiline first. The emotional blunting is caustic to one's soul. I personally believe that the drugs work by forcing one to get out of their head by making their headspace less livable by slowing thinking. that has been my experience at least. best of luck to you.

• WellResearched x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: racetams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users