- - - - -

Increasing choline metabolism / breakdown

choline acetylcholine piracetam liposomes

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 StevesPetRat

• 565 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:38 AM

This got no love in the supplements forum, so I'll try here.

Many people are sensitive to the effects of excessive dietary or supplemental choline. Some common effects reported are jaw and other muscular tension, anxiety, despair / despondency, heart racing, hypotension, etc. (personally I experience the first 3). On the other hand, liposomal formulations are typically made with lecithin, which seems to be about 20% phosphatidylcholine by weight. Therapeutic doses of even vitamin C by itself, let alone circumin, glutathione, and others, would easily put one at several times the RDA for choline.

Is there a way to either

1) make liposomal encapsulations using something else

or

2) increase one's turnover of choline?

The only thing I could find is that piracetam is supposed to do the latter; I suppose eating a lot of fructose might also do it...

Thanks

#2 StevesPetRat

• Topic Starter
  • 565 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:07 AM

Literally no one has any idea how to do this? Bummer.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:39 PM

I'm starting to think the choline depression is due to the down regulation of the conversion of serine to glycine. excess choline breaks down into glycine. serine is directly converted to glycine. This conversion methylates (activates) folate. When excess glycine is present it would make sense for the body to down regulated the conversion of serine to glycine which decreases the amount of activated folate. This is actually one of the main ways that folate is methylated (activated). Folate has effects on activating neurotransmitters.

http://www.biocarta....cinePathway.asp

Perhaps adding serine would activate folate but could also down regulate choline metabolism considering the end product is glycine.

#4 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:42 PM

http://biochemical-p...ays.com/#/map/1

look at the choline/l-serine/glycine area

#5 StevesPetRat

• Topic Starter
  • 565 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:20 AM

Ha, thanks for the reply. I actually just realized like 90% of my symptoms are anticholinergic in nature, so who the hell knows... Probably the depression with choline was due to some other factor.
Still, others will find it useful. I guess taking unmethylated folic / folinic acid might work?

#6 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 02:48 AM

methlyated actually.. unmethylated will just suck up more methyl donors..choline depression was alleviated in a half hour in me with a dose of methylfolate 

#7 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:29 AM

also, if you have antichollinergenic symptoms you should try alkalizing your body.. 1/2 a teaspoon in baking soda at night and in the morning between meals boosts metabolism and neurotransmitters immenselly 

#8 StevesPetRat

• Topic Starter
  • 565 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:34 AM

I dunno, my urinary PH is already consistently around 8. Not sure how much more alkaline I can get. Nevertheless, would KHC03 work the same? I need more potassium anyway.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:52 AM

potassium bicarbonate works perfectly. urinary ph can be deceiving tho. the best is to look at the average between ur urinary and saliva first thing in the morning.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: choline, acetylcholine, piracetam, liposomes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users