hypnagogic hallucinations after dopamine stack

avena sativa

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 somethingstrange

• 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:29 PM

I use a stack with 800 mg avena sativa (mild mao-b and pde-4 inhibitor ) with green tea extract ( 800mg catechin including 300mg egcg ) and also 200mcg of huperzine that synergizes with egcg to increase acetylcholine even more. I also use uridine, fish oil and lecithin but they don't seem to be the problem. What I've been experiencing lately are hypnagogic hallucinations at night ( mainly spiders ). I would't want to resign from this stack because after evaluating many other options, this is the only legally available stuff that makes me going. I was planning to add self-prepared ethanol catuaba extract as dopamine releasing agent and pseudoephedrine ( makes me more silenced and focused but not motivated )  but now I will withhold.

#2 fairy

• 143 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:15 PM

Can you describe them with more detail? Unless they are benign in nature, that is they don't cause you distress, I wouldn't be concerned. They happen to me rarely but are always remarkable (mainly complicated, colored patterns). You should work to bring out the most from them. Try to visualize objects with quasi real life vividness. I try to do this myself but can't get past textures and plants. Incidentally it happens with other things upon waking. I hope this will one day help me improve my memory (recalling), my dreams, and my overall visualization skills.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 somethingstrange

• Topic Starter
  • 26 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:24 PM

I can see mainly spiders over my head almost everyday since last week. This happens for few seconds and than full consciousness comes. It's really strange. Last night I took 20mg vinpocetine but it impairs above stack during the day.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Gorthaur

• 139 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 10:36 PM

This is pretty common in Parkinson's patients who take L-Dopa and a dopamine agonist. If it happens while you're awake, that's a clear sign to lower your dosage. I don't think there's anything you could add that would get rid of the hallucinations without also removing some of the benefits of your stack.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users