• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo

Los Angeles?

los angeles location

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Alex Caste

• 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

Is there a community located in Los Angeles?

#2 YOLF

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:55 AM

Hi Alex,

We've got a substantial community in your area. Are you interested in organizing events?

#3 YOLF

Posted 02 October 2014 - 04:10 AM

Please fill out the Local Chapters Questionnaire if you'd like to join or start a local chapter and also update your profile if you haven't already done so. 

Edited by PerC, 02 October 2014 - 04:16 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 YOLF

Posted 03 January 2015 - 11:35 PM

I'm launching an online meetings chapter using Google Hangouts On Air. This would be a great way to bring together users in close proximity but still too far to meet locally.

Visit these pages for more info on LongeCity's new Online Meeting Chapter (pending approval).

In Project Ideas

In Exercise

#5 ask12

• 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:34 PM

Hi everyone. I live in Los Angeles, CA and I'm planning to host an event or party to raise awareness for longevity research.

I would love some ideas as to how to raise awareness at a party in a fun and unforced way. I feel that having someone give a presentation would be boring and forced. I want to be able to communicate the idea that longevity research exists and that some people support it (without making the guests feel like they are expected to support it). I am targeting the event at the general public, many of whom aren't aware that this even exists.

The event will have live music but nothing too loud and guests will be standing, not seated, with the ability to mingle and talk to each other. I hope to spur conversation.

I would love suggestions about how to do this, as well as how to attract people to the event and whom to invite (again, I want to focus on the educated general public).

The only ideas I have so far, which feel kinda lame to me, are: having a table with flyers or other handouts regarding longevity research, and showing a very brief (<5 min) film about the topic. I also thought of having a short skit or play on the topic, or to play a game of some sort that would involve everyone, but those would take more planning. A very simple game could work, but I'd need ideas... :)

Finally, if anyone lives in LA and would like to connect, please let me know. I am somewhat new here and would like to expand my longevity network.

I greatly appreciate any help.

Aaron

#6 YOLF

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:35 PM

Hi Aaron, that would be a great question to ask at one of our Google Hangouts. Perhaps you could apply to Lead a LongeCity chapter and get some grant funding for it. I have an extensive list of people in your area. You can add yourself to it by filling out the questionnaire (hover for details).

I'll be working on a series of videos that would be good support for an informative presentation. We might also be able to get some good party supplement single serve packs or something to hand out with a LongeCity business card, I know some in the community were handing out anti-hangover pills at parties for a while. They would definitely have to be single packs though, I could talk to some supplement makers in our community to see if they could help subsidize the plan and put their name on it along with ours.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: los angeles, location

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users