Low dose piracetam active?

piracetam

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 heathen

• 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

Before I start let me be clear that I DO have new substance anxiety. I had a very rough experience with psilocybin and it has left me with pretty harsh anxiety on the come up of any new substance.

Ok so I've had piracetam sitting in my vitamin cabinet for about a week. In that week I have tried it on 2 seperate occasions. My first test of the piracetam was 100mg taken mixed in water in one gulp right after my daily vitamin regimen. Shortly after, say 10-15 minutes, I felt pretty stimulated. In a coffee way not really an amphetamine sort of way. I chilled out for a bit and the feeling subsided after about 45-60 minutes. So i chalked it up to anxiety and left it alone for a few days. 

Now yesterday I took 150mg and definitely felt something. It wasn't uncomfortable though so I went about my business. Roughly 2.5 hours later i decide to take another 50mg to make sure I wasn't making up the feeling from the first attempt with it. Sure enough 10-15 minutes later I started feel discomfort around my inner ear. I have read that piracetam can give people tinnitus? I already have tinnitus though and that isn't what that feeling was. After the initial discomfort was over I felt fine. Very clear headed and awake though. My tinnitus was not "louder" but was very noticeable when it was quiet. 

So I guess my question would be is this normal? I see people taking grams of this stuff at I time and i couldn't imagine that. Could I have gotten something other than what I ordered? This was from Nootropics Depot if that is of any help.

#2 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:25 PM

Mmm bro' to be honest as I can see a bit of your personnality, you strongly look like me in this, and don't advice you to continue on taking stuff. You can say "Oh who is this guy judging me on two sentences". That's not that I'm God but you seem to be more prone to nocebo (feeling the side-effects) and this could turn in a kind of OCD like me. Now if I take anything it's never consistent and finally never good because my mind turn it like it's not good. Understand me ? 

After that's just my humble opinion. 

For your question yes you can feel I guess the effect of 100mg but that's for me far from sure. Because when this kind of OCD was at it's worst I would feel INSTANTLY FOGGED by the ALCAR or Piracetam even if it wasn't quite logical, I used to ask myself "and If my body has recognize the taste and instantly had mimic the neurochematic action of the supplement ?" you see it's not a good way to take

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 heathen

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:34 PM

I appreciate your input. I am very prone to taking a negative mindset on new stuff. 

I do however feel as if the majority of this is not just in my mind. I had a couple of beers last night to try and relax before bed because I still felt as if I was loaded up on caffeine. I couldn't feel the beer at all. Was still very clear headed and awake. Though when I went to lay down getting to sleep was not an issue. Even when I woke up this morning after my initial groggy mind wore off I still felt ass if I'd had a cup or two of coffee. Odd. No real anxiety to speak of after this initial discomfort wore off. This being my first white powder from the internet experience probably isn't helping much.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:52 PM

Yeah I understand you but beer for exemple is a stuff that you know for a long time, and you can expect it's effect and know that it's quite a nice feeling. You see the difference with unknown chemical products (or herbs). I'm just pointing the risk of "over-analysing" your feeling which could be sooooooo counter productive. I speak of self-experience... 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: piracetam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users